The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | March 4th, 2017 | 7pm | Sportsnet | The Hockey Goes Hollywood Edition

Cramarossa

I don't understand the Megna hate either. I think he's played well. He hustles and puts out the effort. No knock against Boucher, he's been good too. But they want to see what Goldobin brings and someone has to sit. Not a big deal. Maybe Megna sits next game. Now, if Willie scratched Horvat to give Goldobin a spot, that would be a problem.  

52 minutes ago, mll said:

Not really recent - it started becoming more obvious since early January.  

Actually after Baer's scratch in December and up to his concussion they had zone starts on the road of close to 60% (that's Sedin's territory) while at home they were at 35% - weird but I guess they can dictate matchups at home.  With Hansen replacing Baer on that line it dropped to 40% on the road (small sample of 6 games).   It might not mean anything or it might have to do with style of play.  Burrows was saying that with Hansen they play more North-South while with Baer he likes to hold on to the puck and make plays - earlier he was saying that Horvat is so fast and that Baer is so creative with the puck.  WD also explained that Hansen wasn't on the PP because he is more of an off-the rush player.

I am curious to see how it goes with Eriksson.  Although now with less experienced players in the lineup going forward I am not sure there is much to read in zone starts/deployment.  Last game they had zone starts of 10%.  I am guessing they will see tough matchups which should allow the Sutter line with Goldobin to be more sheltered.

I know. I was referring to his progression from last season and from the start of this season as the changes in system made positioning and responsibilities more difficult at first. When he was on last season they would match him up with the likes of Johnny Toes. He had the ability, just not the consistency. For the most part he would get 2nd and 3rd pairing d-men against him. As he's gotten better, he's getting 2nd and some 1st depending on his and the Sedins play. Semantics I guess.

I would like to see some line juggling over the last part of this season to see if there is any players who click. We've seen unlikely successes before.

8 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I nominate TP to do every single GDT.  Epic. 

I feel no pressure for us to win...coasting, as we put the pieces together for a down the road deal.  Want the guys to keep playing hard and not get lethargic, that can be habit forming.    Although I feel a lull and miss the intensity of the playoff race, I now have teams that will keep me interested.  I always watch and love the playoffs, whether or not we're involved...but the Sens and Sharks will keep me emotionally invested.

GCG....let's start building a new foundation.

You are a gem my dear.  We may have lost burr, but us CDCers have our own heart and soul.  Thx for being you

58 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Boucher completely has outplayed Megna and the plumber Megna gets to stay in the lineup. And certain fools (Alfstonker) blame the roster!!

Willie is so far from a player's coach it's ridiculous 

I am sure the players are well into the Willie firing party planning 

I completely agree with you on this. Megna has no business being in the lineup over Boucher. Boucher has done everything asked of him and more and has WAY more upside than Megna ever will. Megna is this year's version of Bartkowski. Good chance he won't be an NHLer after this year (Megna, that is).

That said, I was on Capfriendly and it appears Boucher is about 15 games away from being expansion draft eligible. So, I have a theory with the scratches, I suspect management might be pressuring Willie to limit Boucher's games for the rest of the season in order to make him non expansion draft eligible. Meaning, he won't need to be protected. It's clear that Boucher's the kind of player this team needs and I suspect he'll be re-signed for next year. He's young, has great offensive potential, and is a good skater. He also has history with Goldobin which should bode well for the duo going forward (and hopefully the Canucks).

So yeah, that's my BOUCHER CONSPIRACY THEORY.

Oh you just know Bo is gonna have a great game tonight. He takes pride in wearing that A and he's gonna make sure he shows why he has it. Watch out for Shane Doans favorite player to watch tonight. Go Canucks and Go Bo Go!

59 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Totally agree with you on that! Any uneducated hockey fans can see the talent in Boucher and Megna offers nothing but some smooth skating....

Are you calling yourself an uneducated hockey fan? :ph34r:

Archived