The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | March 4th, 2017 | 7pm | Sportsnet | The Hockey Goes Hollywood Edition

Cramarossa

12 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Current goalies that are active that give you a better chance to win than Markstrom;

Luongo 
Lundquist
Fleury
Miller
Ward
Lehtonen
Rinne
Price
Quick
Anderson
Niemi 
Halak
Crawford
Rask 
Howard
Smith
Mason
Holtby
Elliot
Bobrovsky
Varlamov
Pavelec
Budaj
Bishop
Schneider 
Reimer
Anderson
Bernier
Neuvirth
Talbot

Jones
Griess 
Allen
Gustavsson
Johnson
Montoya
Mrazek 
Gibson
Lehner
Lack
Khudobin
Ranta 
C. Hutton
Kuemper
Condon
Darling
Hutchinson
Hellebucyk

murray
Vaselivski
Nilsson
Hammond
Korpisalo
Zatkoff
Dell
Saros 

Those 56 goalies have a higher career NHL win % than Markstrom. In fact here's the goalies that Markstrom is on par with or arguably better based on their ability to win games throughout their NHL careers;

Enroth
Mchelhinney
Leighton
Peters
Pickard 
Domingue 
Kinkaid
Tokarski

some may not know or may not face reality, but how long do you wait for "potential" until you give up? 30? 33? 35?

He's 27 right now.. a year out of his prime , we've seen the high end of what he can do. He's been given sheltered starts when Miller has been healthy.  

I gave up on him about a month ago after I looked at the numbers and realized there's 30 better options as starter and about 25 better options at backup. He is the best option as a backup  goalie on about 4!teams in the NHL. 4!!!!

Yet some here think he's a top NHL starter???

Good post, I never realized how old he was. You make some very good points

28 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

Seeing Megna in the line up, especially over Boucher just makes me mad. What the actual &^@# is WD thinking?

27 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

From Kuzma:
Sedin - Sedin - Granlund
Baertschi - Horvat - Eriksson
Goldobin - Sutter - Megna
Gaunce - Chaput - Cramarossa

Skille, Boucher out. I'd honestly like to see Megna sit and Boucher on that 3rd line. Or Eriksson on Sutter's line and Boucher with Horvat. 
Anyway, excited for Goldobins debut :D

25 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Please &^@#ing waive Megna so this clown coach will stop using him in the top 9

20 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

Could just fire the coach

13 minutes ago, TU90 said:

Can't disrupt those top two lines. They've been on FIRE lately, so many goals.

12 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Lol, that first line is fire.  Whatever you do, don't break that one up

9 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If we extend Desjardins (or don't fire him outright in the offseason) I will have a very hard time watching this team. Soooooo sick of the Sedins/Edler and the plug guys like Megna being the focus. Give these young guys the reigns and see what happens. We might actually be better.

7 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Gah, not a fan of sitting Boucher. He had a great game the other night, and should be given a shot post-deadline with all this movement. But nah, let's get Megna instead. 

6 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

Megna's so the future of this team.... FML

Survey says: same old (bleep) we've seen over and over again. 

6 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Gah, not a fan of sitting Boucher. He had a great game the other night, and should be given a shot post-deadline with all this movement. But nah, let's get Megna instead. 

Willie needs more time to assess Megna's value.  He's seen enough of  Boucher to dismiss him and sit him out.   NIneteen games to get a look at the young guys and WD doesn't want to mess with the top lines and Continues to play megna as though he is the future.  I get that Megna works hard but he priduces dick all.  WD is so obsessed over work ethic and 200' gameitis, he will sit offensive potential even  though now is the ideal time to experiment.  

WD is no visionary coach...One trick pony

1 minute ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Horvat is the right man to pair Goldy up, Horvat will help that guy's confidence no doubt.

good luck with that.

the only way that happens is if Benning starts to use WD as a pin cussion

3 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

what he should do, is shoot a puck at Willies head. Maybe it will rearrange the rocks inside so he starts making decisions that make sense

Make sure nobody sees that comment...

boucher had conditioning issues so he might be on the same program as macann was last year, sit a few games in rotation for added gym time.

excited to see what cramarossa can do with more icetime, he looked big with a side of sandpaper last game

stoked for the start of the golden age

4 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

boucher had conditioning issues so he might be on the same program as macann was last year, sit a few games in rotation for added gym time.

excited to see what cramarossa can do with more icetime, he looked big with a side of sandpaper last game

stoked for the start of the golden age

Well, let's hope Bouch comes by this donut shop on his days off..#needMoreWelly

Archived