The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | March 4th, 2017 | 7pm | Sportsnet | The Hockey Goes Hollywood Edition

Cramarossa

37 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Going to let his play do the talking, I like that!

image.png

That flow has got to go, he's got that swirly pastry-looking 'do like Chaput, but much worse.

I'm excited by our young gold goblin but have to keep my expectations in check. If he can create a few chances without looking out of place then I'll consider it a win. Basically just do the bare minimum Goldy. Please.

11 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Maybe.  Eriksson has had all year to "click " and has failed.  

With the season decided I feel it is time to throw out the play-every-game-to-win mantra and put the kids in the best position to showcase their talents.  WD seems to still be thinking along the same old lines of start them low in the lineup and work their way up.  Players like Goldobin are thoroughbreds not plough horses.  You ruin them by having them pull a wagon.  The defense will come in time, this team needs to develop offensive talent.

There was only one game where it was Baer-Horvat-Eriksson.  Need to see if that can work.   They can't have a guy paid 6M and playing close to 20min a night not produce more regularly.  

Sutter is solid defensively so he can cover for Goldobin.  It's also a road game so it's more complicated to influence matchups.  Not a fan of Megna on the line and would have probably played Boucher or maybe even Gaunce. 

10 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I look at Eriksson as a Higgins-type with finish.  Although, we're not seeing a lot of finish this year.

More Finnish than Swedish, to be exact:

Granlund ....... 16 goals 

Daniel............  13

Henrik ...........  12

Loui ..............   11

Edler..............    3

Rodin.............    0

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

More Finnish than Swedish, to be exact:

Granlund ....... 16 goals 

Daniel............  13

Henrik ...........  12

Loui ..............   11

Edler..............    3

Rodin.............    0

Crazy eh who would have thought Granlund would have more goals than Eriksson and Edler combined!

Getting sick and tired of Willie playing Megna over players like Boucher. He clearly deserved to play tonight after a beauty power move goal the other game. What has Megna done... He has brought speed yes which helps but he hasn't been able to chip in with the timely goal that we've always needed. Don't understand why Willie goes with this move. Boucher > Megna

I actually don't mind goldy with sutter cause sutter will help him out in his own zone and might bail him out of a mistake or two BUT Megna...come on 

Sedin-sedin-granlund

baertschi-horvat-eriksson

Goldobin-sutter-boucher

cramarossa-chaput-gaunce

skille/megna

you can see why Boucher has bounced around. The shot is there but he's not quick enough to create the space to get it off but at least he's a little more dangerous around the net than megna

15 minutes ago, mll said:

There was only one game where it was Baer-Horvat-Eriksson.  Need to see if that can work.   They can't have a guy paid 6M and playing close to 20min a night not produce more regularly.  

Sutter is solid defensively so he can cover for Goldobin.  It's also a road game so it's more complicated to influence matchups.  Not a fan of Megna on the line and would have probably played Boucher or maybe even Gaunce. 

I get that but this is an opportunity to see all the future potential.  I don't care if erikssons gets going now, too late for this season.  He can try and find his game next year.  The kids need an opportunity to show their stuff and get valuable NHL exposure heading into next season.  

IMO id rather have megna in than boucher. Good forechecker, physical and has the speed that this team desperately needs. When youre playing dump and chase you need guys who actually give you a chance to get posession.. Boucher is slow. Its not like Megna hasnt had chances all year and most games.

But yeah if youre trying to tank than boucher is a better option in this system.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

I get that but this is an opportunity to see all the future potential.  I don't care if erikssons gets going now, too late for this season.  He can try and find his game next year.  The kids need an opportunity to show their stuff and get valuable NHL exposure heading into next season.  

It's to prepare for next season - to see if there's potential for that line going forward.  Next season is just too late.

WD reckons Megna is the new Honey Badger

He will partner Bo on the PK (Sutter and Eriksson the other main unit, with Gaunce/Granlund/Chaput providing a spell-off pair)

Alternative fact: WD is godfather to Megna's dog ....... (hey, if Kellyann Conway can make up stuff, can't we?)

38 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

That flow has got to go, he's got that swirly pastry-looking 'do like Chaput, but much worse.

I'm excited by our young gold goblin but have to keep my expectations in check. If he can create a few chances without looking out of place then I'll consider it a win. Basically just do the bare minimum Goldy. Please.

I don't care what his "do" looks likes if he scores!

Archived