The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

At this point of the season the Canucks have nothing to lose so I don't know why the hell Willie is so afraid of taking chances. 

Like don't sit back when the team has a 4-0 lead, keep the lines rolling. 

Why so afraid to play Goldobin?!?! 

I don't get it.

10 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Man, I never complain about things I can't really control, but I really don't understand Willie's thought processes. Boucher gets a chance to show what he can do, and does a fine job. Next game, crickets. Goldobin scores the kind of goal we have rarely seen since Bure left and he plays 23 seconds in the final 27:00 of the game. I've always contended that Willie is just a placeholder for the next coach. That time has come. His stupid mind games and control freak behaviour is out of touch with what Benning and his staff are trying to accomplish. He is not the droid we are looking for.

Willie is the Tank Commander and is an expert at snatching defeat out of the jaws of an impending win....

True TANK master.   Way too many head games with our younger players....   Way too  much favouritism to our old slow veteran players....

Shorten the bench is usually when youre the team trailing. Short shifts and high energy is the key to games now not dropping down to 3 lines and tiring everyone out.

Just piss poor coaching.

Bench Goldy after his goal

Chaput first man out on 4 on 4

Almost lose a 4 0 lead

Free this idiot

Watching the replay of his shift before he scored the goal the kid was being defensively responsible - then kicked it in gear and scored a great goal. Who cares about the win - we arent making the playoffs so play the damn kids!!!! I wouldnt be complaining if he had even only gotten a few more minutes as we did hit some penalty trouble - but come on he scores then rides the pine while Megna keeps playing and takes a dumb penalty that leads to a goal by the Kings? 

2 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

At this point of the season the Canucks have nothing to lose so I don't know why the hell Willie is so afraid of taking chances. 

I don't get it.

benched for scoring on his debut lol

20 minutes ago, Rocky Balboa said:

Score the game winner - get benched.  WD logic. 

Also I think having Guance out there protecting the lead would have been a much better idea instead of stapling him to the bench as usual.

Like the guy is winning almost all puck battles playing great smart north/South hockey instead he has players like the Sedins and Erikasson put there getting dominated hemmed in their own zone.

Can't understand most of this guy's thinking rarely ever seems right.

I love the Goldobin trade and it was a beautiful goal, but honestly his defensive game and forecheck was pretty weak - floating, stick checking or trying to block a pass instead of taking the body and hounding the puck. However 5 mins of play is not nearly enough to judge, but I guess that's where Willie and I disagree? Seriously what the f@$k was that benching the guy his first game on a new team where he scores the game winner....just a joke.

I see Goldy as a very similar player to Baer, so I hope he doesn't get the same treatment as Baer did in Calgary and he gets a chance to show why he belongs. Under Willie tho, I'm not so sure he does....

Just now, Canucks-12 said:

I don't get it.

Because he is a moron that wants to get fired 

gives Megna double the time Goldy gets. Megna takes a stupid selfish penalty that queued the comeback, not to mention the typical Willie attempt to try to protect a lead. Was looking like Carolina all over again

1 minute ago, Creepy Crawler said:

If you ask me, Nolan Patrick would bring more bad luck to the Canucks, he's struggling with injuries constantly.  Hischier would be a better bet.

Tippett, Rasmussen, Pettersson And Mittelstadt will all be outside of the top three.

Archived