The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

As soon as WD gets a lead he goes into defensive mode. He runs three lines and they get tired and then start getting penalized. I can see going to three lines if there is 5 minutes left but not half the game.

PS: They have another game tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Lots to like if you can get over Goldy's ice time, which I'm sure he'll be earning more and more of as he continues. 

Yeah if I was Goldobin, I would be studying Megnas clips on youtube all night tonight,  copy that and he should be able to impress the **** out of Willie.

7 minutes ago, Moonshinefe said:

Can't argue with most others are saying about benching the kid who just scored and etc.

I will say: Fantastic game by Chris Tanev. 1P, +2, 6 shot blocks. Triple every single other skater in the game. He was throwing himself in front of every shot he saw.

Tanev was uncharacteristically vocal last game about his poor play so that didn't surprise me tonight

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Yeah if I was Goldobin, I would be studying Megnas clips on youtube all night tonight,  copy that and he should be able to impress the **** out of Willie.

WD probably thought he was show boating so he benched him.

5 minutes ago, RJ39 said:

Not sure why Goldy got benched after his goal. Going to give Willie the benefit of the doubt and say it was because all the penalties we took along with Goldy still learning the new system.

Goldy was benched immediately after scoring the goal. I've never seen any more bizarre player deployment. ever.

Willie doesn't have any more benefit left.  It's all doubt now.

Just now, appleboy said:

WD probably thought he was show boating so he benched him.

I agree. I think he sent a message to him.

Pretty ****ed up if you ask me.  We should be encouraging creativity, and rewarding it.  If he pinched up and failed miserable on his attempt sure bench him, but he scored, that should be rewarded.

Happy with the way the team played in the first 30 minutes. The last 30 minutes, it seemed like the line juggling got the team away from good play and loss of any momentum they had built up.

I guess the line juggling was on to defend against the Kings onslaught but kind of felt like it was unnecessary to break up the third line and basically bench the fourth line way that soon in the game.

Breaking up the lines eliminated any momentum that was on for the Canucks and made the game way too tiring for everyone that was playing. I kind of liked the fourth line, for example, Cramarossa playing the body and generating energy that way. Goldobin also had good jump to his game and he could have generated few more chances for us on the counter attack. Megna and Chaput played only 9 minutes overall and not much ice time in the last half of the game.

It's always good to beat LA and if they miss the playoffs, say, by one point, then I'll be really happy.

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

Well..  I guess I'm happy you're not Goldobin because I have faith that Goldobin is a professional and motivated to be out of the AHL and getting NHL minutes / paycheck.

Sorry that Willy stifed the re-naming of Pat Quinn Way, but I'm sure the kid will get his chances going forward.

4 minutes ago, Rocky Balboa said:

There goes Nolan Patrick...

If you ask me, Nolan Patrick would bring more bad luck to the Canucks, he's struggling with injuries constantly.  Hischier would be a better bet.

Archived