The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Wild

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

If Willie coaches like this next year I can handle the rest of his foibles. I was encouraged that he let Boucher play in the last 3 minutes. Goldy had a quieter game but wasn't a liability either. 

So... you excited about BB now Alf? 

BB is an excellent 200 foot player.  I'm really glad, and relieved, we got him signed:)

1 minute ago, Great Granny said:

I've taken a steamy dump on Willie all season, but will give him props for today. If this was the product all season, I'd be in his camp. However, I think this was more a result of injuries and management forcing his hand...and Boeser.

ya the coach does something management wants and the team wins. ^^

Wow.. what a game!

I can't wait until next season, a full year of Bo, Boeser and Sven is going to super exciting to watch. Gonna have to renew my 11 game ice pack now lol. 

The future is extremely bright for this club and I can't wait to watch it unfold. 

P.S: can we please stop attacking Willie? its obvious these players like playing for him and want to win for him. If he had 'lost the room' these young guys would not be playing their hearts out right now trying to earn his respect. I admit i haven't been the biggest fan of some of his decisions, but there is no question he has had a hand in the positive development of nearly half of our team. 

Go Canucks!

What if (for next year):

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Eriksson - Granlund - Goldobin

Sedin - Sedin - Boucher

Gaunce - Sutter - Chaput

Skille (Virtanen)

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Tanev

Tryamkin - Gudbranson

Biega

(Miller)

Markstrom

Bachman (Demko)

Sbisa lost in expansion draft. We draft 5-10, take a C in Mittelstadt, Rasmussen, or Vilardi. Attempt to sign Miller, but don't agree on 2 years. One of Bachman/Demko earns back up spot. Virtanen waiver eligible, has to earn spot. 

3 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

P.S: can we please stop attacking Willie? its obvious these players like playing for him and want to win for him. If he had 'lost the room' these young guys would not be playing their hearts out right now trying to earn his respect. I admit i haven't been the biggest fan of some of his decisions, but there is no question he has had a hand in the positive development of nearly half of our team. 

If we could somehow muzzle the likes of Jeff Patterson and Jason Botchford I'm convinced we wouldn't have much of a problem here in this regard.

5 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

What if (for next year):

Sedin - Sedin - Boucher

Gaunce - Sutter - Chaput

Skille (Virtanen)

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Tanev

Tryamkin - Gudbranson

Biega

(Miller)

Markstrom

Bachman (Demko)

Sbisa lost in expansion draft. We draft 5-10, take a C in Mittelstadt, Rasmussen, or Vilardi. Attempt to sign Miller, but don't agree on 2 years. One of Bachman/Demko earns back up spot. Virtanen waiver eligible, has to earn spot. 

I really hope Sbisa gets taken now, as I am too attached to our young forwards that won't be protected (Boucher).

24 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Actually looking ahead to next year at who's likely to be back (I'm including Miller for 1 year) if this is the group that returns, we'd be the 4th youngest team in the NHL this year at an average age of 25.88

6 Brock Boeser   RW 20
18 Jake Virtanen   RW 20
53 Bo Horvat   C 21
82 Nikolay Goldobin   RW 21
88 Nikita Tryamkin   D 22
51 Troy Stecher   D 22
50 Brendan Gaunce   LW 22
27 Ben Hutton   D 23
60 Markus Granlund   C 23
24 Reid Boucher   LW 23
26 Joseph Cramarossa   LW 24
45 Michael Chaput   C 24
47 Sven Baertschi   LW 24
44 Erik Gudbranson   D 25
42 Drew Shore   C 26
8 Chris Tanev   D 27
20 Brandon Sutter   C 27
5 Luca Sbisa   D 27
25 Jacob Markstrom   G 27
23 Alexander Edler   D 30
15 Derek Dorsett   RW 30
21 Loui Eriksson   LW 31
33 Henrik Sedin (C)   C 36
22 Daniel Sedin   LW 36
30 Ryan Miller   G 36

AVG 25.88

Awesome.  That's with Miller and the twins skewing that upwards.  For those paying attention, this was always Jim's plan:  get younger at the NHL level and then work on the prospect pool.  

All the clamouring for "more picks" was somewhat understandable I guess, but it's not like Jim wasn't moving forward with his own plan.  

I like what he's done:  some real potential at the NHL level and also in the prospect pool. Exciting times!

10 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

If we could somehow muzzle the likes of Jeff Patterson and Jason Botchford I'm convinced we wouldn't have much of a problem here in this regard.

yeah, those guys are so annoying.  I'm looking forward to the new radio station next season. 

40 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Actually looking ahead to next year at who's likely to be back (I'm including Miller for 1 year) if this is the group that returns, we'd be the 4th youngest team in the NHL this year at an average age of 25.88

6 Brock Boeser   RW 20
18 Jake Virtanen   RW 20
53 Bo Horvat   C 21
82 Nikolay Goldobin   RW 21
88 Nikita Tryamkin   D 22
51 Troy Stecher   D 22
50 Brendan Gaunce   LW 22
27 Ben Hutton   D 23
60 Markus Granlund   C 23
24 Reid Boucher   LW 23
26 Joseph Cramarossa   LW 24
45 Michael Chaput   C 24
47 Sven Baertschi   LW 24
44 Erik Gudbranson   D 25
42 Drew Shore   C 26
8 Chris Tanev   D 27
20 Brandon Sutter   C 27
5 Luca Sbisa   D 27
25 Jacob Markstrom   G 27
23 Alexander Edler   D 30
15 Derek Dorsett   RW 30
21 Loui Eriksson   LW 31
33 Henrik Sedin (C)   C 36
22 Daniel Sedin   LW 36
30 Ryan Miller   G 36

AVG 25.88

and if Juolevi somehow makes the team, the average will go down a bit. Where's Megna on that list, lol.

12 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

What if (for next year):

Sedin - Sedin - Boucher

Gaunce - Sutter - Chaput

Skille (Virtanen)

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Tanev

Tryamkin - Gudbranson

Biega

(Miller)

Markstrom

Bachman (Demko)

Yeah, we probably lose Sbisa in the expansion. 

My lines would be:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen

Granlund-Sutter-Goldobin 

Gaunce-Chaput-Boucher

Hutton-Tanev

Edler-Stecher

Tryamkin-Gudbranson

Markstrom

Miller 

Good thing is that we don't have to sign any free agents.

I put Virtanen with the Sedins to develop his hockey sense. Hopefully he gets a good off-season of training in and comes to training camp a better player. He was absolute garbage this year in both the AHL and NHL. We need him to be a bright spot for us going forward. I still think he has a lot of value for us, but we need him to develop into a thirty-goal scorer like he was projected to be in his draft year. He's only 20, so I'm confident he can get better. He used to remind me a lot of Nathan Horton. 

Archived