The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to approach Edler about waiving his NTC

Hortankin

52 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's what scares me. 

You severely underrate him Like A million people have said. Play him on the 2nd pairing and get his minutes down he is still an effective D. leads all nucks in blocked shots. I'm sure millsy likes him

1 hour ago, amitriptyline said:

I don't know how a guy could insist on staying on a team where he is isn't wanted. Just plain stupid.

You know this how? He is still a top 4 guy and show me one article where any Canuck said he isn't wanted.

8 hours ago, bp79 said:

Edler was quoted when Garrison was moved that if A team doesn't want you it isn't a good situation. He stated if he was asked at some point he would go. Even tho he loves this city. 

People wrongly assume he would refuse to waive. He only refused before because his ntc had literally just kicked in. People said Burr would never waive or Bieksa. Players have feelings just like us, and if they don't feel wanted they would move on. I will be proved right at the draft. lol

I agree 

just making light of the guys nonchalant  attitude towards pretty much everything. 

I said the same thing whith hamhuis as well. Nobody wants to play on be on team that doesn't want them. 

Sometimes it's in both parties best interest to move on I think that's the case with edler. 

Just now, combover said:

I agree 

just making light of the guys non shallot attitude towards pretty much everything. 

I said the same thing whith hamhuis as well. Nobody wants to play on be on team that doesn't want them. 

Sometimes it's in both parties best interest to move on I think that's the case with edler. 

Just now, combover said:

I agree 

just making light of the guys non shallot attitude towards pretty much everything. 

For sure I wasn't singling you out, more the remarks of other people. cheers.

3 hours ago, bp79 said:

Edler was quoted when Garrison was moved that if A team doesn't want you it isn't a good situation. He stated if he was asked at some point he would go. Even tho he loves this city. 

People wrongly assume he would refuse to waive. He only refused before because his ntc had literally just kicked in. People said Burr would never waive or Bieksa. Players have feelings just like us, and if they don't feel wanted they would move on. I will be proved right at the draft. lol

I don't recall him saying he would go. I remember him saying it's not a good situation, but not that he would definitely go.

Many wonderful suggestions on how to ensure that Vancouver will become a popular destination for free agents. Make sure all the players know that the Canucks will bully them into giving up contract terms that they negotiated in good faith, if it is profitable or convenient. They'll be lining up to sign here.

7 hours ago, combover said:

I agree 

you're right, his attitude is far more scallion than it is shallot. 

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Many wonderful suggestions on how to ensure that Vancouver will become a popular destination for free agents. Make sure all the players know that the Canucks will bully them into giving up contract terms that they negotiated in good faith, if it is profitable or convenient. They'll be lining up to sign here.

I doubt that it'll hurt the Canucks chances of signing free agents. A lot of teams will be exposing bad contracts in this expansion draft.

Archived