The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can't stand the TSN 1040 Morning Show

3 hours ago, Riviera82 said:

This'll definitely be unpopular but I actually enjoy both Botch and J-Pat. I'm more worried about who Pratt's permanent sidekick will end up being. Hopefully someone who will put him in his place when he's being nonsensical.

I've been watching the Patcast on YT to get my Canuck fill and I must say they seem a lot better doing that then their articles or when they co-host with someone on 1040.  They got to fix the volume issue though lol.

13 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I've been watching the Patcast on YT to get my Canuck fill and I must say they seem a lot better doing that then their articles or when they co-host with someone on 1040.  They got to fix the volume issue though lol.

Watched a couple, but they're devoid of any substance.  They're like a couple of giggling schoolgirls, talking about cute boys and dissing the nerds, trying to one-up another with one-liners and mockings.

As much as I used to complain about 1040,   650 coming on to the scene made me appreciate 1040.

650 is a whole new level of trash.    I was stoked when it was announced 650 was coming to van,  they won me over immediately then I listened for a few weeks and turned back to 1040 and never looked back.

The only person on 650 I enjoy listening to is Alex Auld.  The rest are just an embarrassment.

On 7/10/2018 at 11:59 AM, CanuckGAME said:

As much as I used to complain about 1040,   650 coming on to the scene made me appreciate 1040.

650 is a whole new level of trash.    I was stoked when it was announced 650 was coming to van,  they won me over immediately then I listened for a few weeks and turned back to 1040 and never looked back.

The only person on 650 I enjoy listening to is Alex Auld.  The rest are just an embarrassment.

650 is not bad, 1040 is trash other than taylor and the moj

5 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

650 is not bad, 1040 is trash other than taylor and the moj

I actually like 650 quite alot. There seems to be less of a focus on the “cult of personality” around the hosts than on 1040 and also have a more possitive, less sensational focus with regards to canucks coverage. Additionally 650 has great guests and regular contributors. It stands to reason that the competition between the two stations will result in a better product for the consumer. I only wish they each take commercial breaks at alternating times so I would never have to listen to that advertising filth. 

Not only are the "personalities" on 650 as dull as december day in Port Hardy, it also sounds like a pirate radio station that's broadcasting out of a dungeon with socks over their microphones. The 1040 guys might rub some people the wrong way but at least their broadcast is crystal clear and their personalities actually have, y'know, personality. 

On 2018-07-11 at 7:18 PM, reyezone said:

I actually like 650 quite alot. There seems to be less of a focus on the “cult of personality” around the hosts than on 1040 and also have a more possitive, less sensational focus with regards to canucks coverage. Additionally 650 has great guests and regular contributors. It stands to reason that the competition between the two stations will result in a better product for the consumer. I only wish they each take commercial breaks at alternating times so I would never have to listen to that advertising filth. 

650 morning show with Dhaliwal is excellent.

On 2018-07-10 at 12:59 PM, CanuckGAME said:

The morning show (starting line-up I think it’s called) used to be awful but they got rid of Scott darling (who is more clueless than pratt) and Mira Laurence and added dahliwal who is probably the best sports insider in the country and now it’s much, much better

Was in a poor reception area of the Sunshine Coast this morning. AM 1040 was the only clear signal, and oh horror, Dave 'total' Pratt had the mic..

Wow #1......Tony Gallagher was on and said 'no-one realised how serious the Juolevi back injury is'.........I must have missed the news release where his prognosis changed from minor to serious. Unbelievable. What bull crap !

Wow #2....Dave the Pratt asks.....'Is there a more dysfunctional management group than in Vancouver ? Okay, okay, I get it, Ottawa is up there too.'

Don't know who the co-host was ( male, but with a non macho voice ).....he was actually pretty good.

30 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Was in a poor reception area of the Sunshine Coast this morning. AM 1040 was the only clear signal, and oh horror, Dave 'total' Pratt had the mic..

Wow #1......Tony Gallagher was on and said 'no-one realised how serious the Juolevi back injury is'.........I must have missed the news release where his prognosis changed from minor to serious. Unbelievable. What bull crap !

Wow #2....Dave the Pratt asks.....'Is there a more dysfunctional management group than in Vancouver ? Okay, okay, I get it, Ottawa is up there too.'

Don't know who the co-host was ( male, but with a non macho voice ).....he was actually pretty good.

That was everyone's favorite guy to complain about - Botchford.

I think he's good on that show too. He actually calls Pratt out when he's saying something dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Was on the road at 7:15 to 8:00 this AM. 650 was talking Whitecaps, so I went to 1040 to hear Canuck talk.

What I learned #1) Pratt (....did not use his signature 'what we know for sure', but.....) talked ( twice ) about the Hughes brothers playing together in Michigan and winning the big NCAA team trophy together.

#2) Linden was fired because he wanted Hughes back in Michigan.

#3) If Hughes had made his decision a few days earlier, Linden would still be here. ( not DP, a lady announcer )

Both Pratt and unidentified lady never hinted that their talk was opinion. Everything presented as factual.

Botchford was 'up next', but I got home and stopped listening.

Did I miss a change in plans for Jack Hughes ?...........or was that pure BS ?

2 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Was on the road at 7:15 to 8:00 this AM. 650 was talking Whitecaps, so I went to 1040 to hear Canuck talk.

What I learned #1) Pratt (....did not use his signature 'what we know for sure', but.....) talked ( twice ) about the Hughes brothers playing together in Michigan and winning the big NCAA team trophy together.

#2) Linden was fired because he wanted Hughes back in Michigan.

#3) If Hughes had made his decision a few days earlier, Linden would still be here. ( not DP, a lady announcer )

Both Pratt and unidentified lady never hinted that their talk was opinion. Everything presented as factual.

Botchford was 'up next', but I got home and stopped listening.

Did I miss a change in plans for Jack Hughes ?...........or was that pure BS ?

You missed nothing.  Jack Hughes is not going to college.

Pratt is a buffoon.  

Archived