The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 18 Thread

MusclePharm

Granlund only has 1 locker room friend.  no rivals just baer. is this a sign he is unhappy or just not meshing with the group?

he is in good spirits with a smiley face but lacks connection to teammates. hmm strange.  curious if any of you know if u can force tough negotiation tactics with rfas?  

would appreciate any advice you have.

cheers.  thanks so much folks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-11-09 at 10:04 AM, Pears said:

I've spent a fair bit of money on it (because I have nothing better to spent it on) but here it is

St. Louis - Linden - Bure

Graves - Brind'Amour - Rolston

Hall - Kopitar - Kucherov

Panarin - Kuznetsov - Kessel

Bourque - Numinnen (SP?)

Mov. Brodie - Subban

???? - Weber

Bobrovsky

Luongo

Synergies: Dangler Zone (DZ), Fine Shooting (FS), Clutch Player (CP), Rocket Skates (RS), Locker Room Leader (LL), Precision Passing (PP)

I pulled Pronger, Bourque and TOTW Ovi so that definitely helped.

Got to step it up man lol

Here's mine. Xbox 1 - LIGHTSOUT403

EVOLUTION Ovi EVOLUTION Crosby EVOLUTION Mcdavid

St.Louis Sakic Bossy

Bure Linden EVOLUTION Tarasenko 

Mov. McDonald Lgd Messier W.Clark

Neidermyer Pronger 

Lidstrom Gonchar 

Hatcher Bourque 

EVOLUTION Price 

Lgd Broduer 

Synergys 

'LL TN AA S'

FS

I spent just a little bit of cash hah.

If you are an Xbox guy let's have a game.

23 minutes ago, canuckmen84 said:

Got to step it up man lol

Here's mine. Xbox 1 - LIGHTSOUT403

EVOLUTION Ovi EVOLUTION Crosby EVOLUTION Mcdavid

St.Louis Sakic Bossy

Bure Linden EVOLUTION Tarasenko 

Mov. McDonald Lgd Messier W.Clark

Neidermyer Pronger 

Lidstrom Gonchar 

Hatcher Bourque 

EVOLUTION Price 

Lgd Broduer 

Synergys 

'LL TN AA S'

FS

I spent just a little bit of cash hah.

If you are an Xbox guy let's have a game.

Yea I’m down for a game sometime. I had to rebuild so I went with a different method here. 87 high other than Bure

Seguin - EVO Toews - Bure

Laine - Kopitar - Tarasenko

Stone - Bergeron - Pavelski

Nylander - McDavid - Gaudreau

Keith - Pietrangelo

Hedman - Subban

McDonagh - Hamilton

Lundqvist

Allen

30 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I actually enjoy NHL17. This game just sounds like a dumpster fire. Was going to get it when it was half price but opted not to.

Someone told me to get it to play with him, but I just don't see it happening...even at $50.

NHL 18.

Just completed my deadline moves:

Acquired: Granberg (RD) (NAS)

for: 5th Round Selection (VAN)

Acquired: Mrazek (G), Ahanasiou (C) (DET)

for: Diptero (G), 2nd (VAN), 3rd (WPG),  Megna (C)

Acquired: 2nd (WPG), 3rd (WPG) Round Selections

for: Granlund (C)

Granlund was asking an insane price to re-sign.  He wanted more then Bo at 5.8 Million.  Opted instead to move him.  Goaltending has been spotty at best so attempted to make a move for Martin Jones (SJS) but was unable to complete a deal.  (Even with pegs 2nd and 3rd picks).  Went in on Mrazek similar stats to Marky but has a better save % and 5 shutouts this season.  Compared to Marky's 1.  Initially I tired to move markstrom in a package for Mrazek but they had zero interest in that.  Sent Nillsson to WAS to backup grub.  

Final trade I did before the D depth for Granberg was:

Acquired: 3rd Round Selection (WAS)

For: Nillsson, 6th Round Selection (VAN)

Also signed depth guys in Marcel Goc and Raphiel Diaz incase my d core takes a hit.  Top 9 Defenders: Hutton, Montour, Del Zotto, Barrie, Pouliot, Stecher, Weircoch, Grenberg, Biega.  Top 9 forwards include: Ahanasiou, Horvat, Vanek, Bear, D. Sedin, Boeser, Nyquist, Sheahan, and Gagner.  (H. Sedin is on my 4th line)

The "defensive skill stick" and poke checks are just stupid in this game. Every little contact sends the puck flying so far and then your opponent will just continue to mash poke check as your poor guy struggles to corral a loose puck.

1 minute ago, kazin! said:

The "defensive skill stick" and poke checks are just stupid in this game. Every little contact sends the puck flying so far and then your opponent will just continue to mash poke check as your poor guy struggles to corral a loose puck.

Yup. Threes totally sucks too.

Usually NHL disappoints because the improvements from the previous year's game are marginal. But this year is the first time I can confidently say it's actually WORSE than the last one.

1 hour ago, HI5 said:

NHL18 on sale for $32

Can I pre-order NHL 19 for that price please? lol  is that on xbox live or ps4 store?  I picked it up for over $100 with the early access and young stars package.  Totally worth the extra $15-20 for the early access lol.  Got the digital copy which works better for me. I have my console on its side upright so it won't scratch my nhl disc if its digital :D

Archived