The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-2018 line up (with what we have)

Caniners77

47 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I was not aware of that information  you provided but it confirms what I could see with my own eyes watching that league in person.   Anyway, I hope the kid does well but he is a long way from a lock to get a sniff in NHL let alone anytime soon.

It's nice having someone here that has more actual insight than a 2 minute YouTube highlight clip.

Thanks for sharing.

Too many variables. The best you can do is create the core and leave spaces for guys to earn spots:

Baertschi - Horvat - _____

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund

______ - Sutter - Eriksson

______ - Gaunce - Dorsett

Megna (1-way)

(Boeser, Goldobin, Dahlen, Rodin*, Cramarossa*, Boucher*)

Edler - Stecher 

Hutton - Tanev

Holm - Gudbranson

Biega

(Pedan, McEneny, Subban, Chatfield, Juolevi) 

Markstrom

________

(Miller*, Bachman, Demko)

Asterisk indicates not yet on contract.

I think we grab someone in free agency who can play deeper in the lineup. I'm thinking like a Richardson (but not Richardson), who could play 4c but slot up. 

Just have to be patient, difficult for some. It'll be a few years before Benning's top draft picks are playing (with the exception of Boeser and possibly Virtanen). Until then, they'll have to plug some holes with UFAs. Going to be a sad couple of years, but after that - the future is bright.

47 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Too many variables. The best you can do is create the core and leave spaces for guys to earn spots:

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Sedin - Sedin - Goldobin

Granlund - Sutter - Eriksson

(Rodin* Cramarossa* Boucher*)

Hutton - Tanev

Edler - Stecher 

Pedan/Juolevi - Gudbranson

Biega - Holm

Markstrom

________

(Bachman UFA)

(McEneny, Subban, Chatfield   Demko    Dahlen)  Start the year in the "A"

Megna Is in Utica and was signed so no one woulkd pick him up on waivers with that salary CAUSE COMETS NEED SO SCORING AND VETS WITH THE YOUTH 

If Juolevi is not ready then he goes otherwise if he is ready they trade or waive one of the other 3 

3 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

Didn't we have like 7 AHL guys playing at forward.  Way past their prime Sedins, no coach can squeeze more blood from that stone.  Other than a couple of exceptions, this was and will be a soft team with guys way past their prime or not in it yet.  

Our ex coaches are winning coach of the year and Stanley Cups.  I'm not saying Willie is great but he wasn't the problem.  

willie was a horrible coach i feel this libeup cant be worse  than last yr 

7 hours ago, Caniners77 said:

Boesser Horvat Baertchi 

Dahlen Granlund Goldobin

Sedin Sedin Virtanen

Boucher Sutter Eriksson 

Cramarossa (13) 

IR - Dorset, Rodin, Gaunce

Edler Gudbranson

Tanev joulevi 

Hutton Stetcher 

Holm Biega 

Markstrom 

Bacman 

I can almost guarantee that Juolevi, Virt and dahlen wil not be in the NHL next season.......possibly even Boeser

Bear, Bo, Erickson

Sedin, Sedin, Goldy

Granlund, Sutter, Boeser

Boucher, Gaunce, Dorsett

Rodin, Crammarosa

Edler, Stech

Tanev, Hutton

Subban, Guddy

Biega 

Markstrom

Bachman

Dahlen, Virtanen, Molino, Demko, Zhukenov, Holm, Subban, Pedan, Brisbois, McEneny, Chatfeild and others in the A

Joilevi and Glass/Vilardi stay in Junior

Gaudette gets a look at the end of the year

4 hours ago, cripplereh said:

ya I hate the rule where prospects have to go back to junior , a new rule should be one year only of junior after you have been drafted

but I think our line up will change as Benning might sign an UFA for D and maybe trade to get another or better forward for our top 6

The new rule should be called 'The Switcheroo'. Where you can switch a roster player for your draftee. In this case Edler. We send Edler to play a yr in London(he could use a bit more jr's seasoning) & OJ makes the bigs..it's obvious, isn't it?

Baertschi Horvat Eriksson 

Sedin Sedin Goldobin 

Boucher Granlund Sutter 

Cram/Dorsett Gaunce Rodin hopefully

Edler Stecher 

Hutton Tanev 

Holm/Pedan Gudbranson 

Markstrom 

MIller (2 × 2)

1st call ups 

VIRT

DAHLEN 

BOESER

BIEGA 

SUBBAN 

HOLM 

MCENENY 

BACHMAN

Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson

Goldoblin-Henrik-Sutter

Daniel-Granlund-Boesser

Edler-Stetcher

Hutton-Tanev

Holm-Gudbranson

Think sutter should move to wing, he can play his two way game from there and be good for 20 goals with a playmaking centre like Henrik and this line can go up against top matchups. 

Hope Eriksson can bounce back to 20 goals 50 Points. Think he will.

Daniel-granlund-Boesser underrated offensive 3rd line who can chip in goals. Granlund better playmaking centre than Sutter and him and Boesser can hopefully make a bit of magic while daniel is the veteran on the line doing the little tihngs right.

Should at least consider the idea of Sedins splitting up. Henrik still a solid centre in the NHL and Dank is one season removed from a 28 goal campaign. Get some more speed and goal scoring to play with and see what they can do. At times last season seemed to be overpowered my forwards and defenseman who could push them off puck, so may be better to split up this bit of liability while playing to some of their strengths.

Once Boesser settles in to NHL hopefully he can switch spots with Sutter and be close to a 15-20 goal season on the 2nd line.

Eriksson-Bo-Boes

Sedins-Granlund

Baer-Sutter-Virtanen/Goldy

Boucher-Gaunce-Dorsett

Chaput/Cram

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Tanev

Holm-Gudbranson

Biega

Tanev gone at the deadline and bring Subban up to rotate with Biega. Whoever outperforms in camp gets the 3w spot and the other plays in Utica with Dahlen and hopefully a free agent playmaking AHL c. It's not as terrible a lineup that people think it will be, but there's definite room for improvement and growth for prospects. 

Leave 15~20% cap space open. Dredge the bottom with a wide net, to catch interesting, unique species. Draft elite talent every June.

Cut tix prices by 20~30%. Get an unruly, cussing crowd, burning Bettman effigies on the streets. Team can behave..but let's be monsters, especially jeering & harrassing the league-lackey elite, who have 'allergies' to level playing fields.

Give paltry $ to the league Hindquarters(screw their revenue "sharing"), to p*ss on their welfare for empty barns in the tropics-scheme.

IF they don't like it..start the F***ing WHA pt 2. I'm tired of this dog show!

10 hours ago, Inge34 said:

Bear, Bo, Erickson

Sedin, Sedin, Goldy

Granlund, Sutter, Boeser

Boucher, Gaunce, Dorsett

Rodin, Crammarosa

Edler, Stech

Tanev, Hutton

Subban, Guddy

Biega 

Markstrom

Bachman

Dahlen, Virtanen, Molino, Demko, Zhukenov, Holm, Subban, Pedan, Brisbois, McEneny, Chatfeild and others in the A

Joilevi and Glass/Vilardi stay in Junior

Gaudette gets a look at the end of the year

You are close up front  i think with just a few minor changes 

But GMJB did not even mention JS so i doubt he will be on the big club and he did mention Holm and Pedan 

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Sedin - Sedin - Goldobin

Granlund - Sutter - Eriksson

Rodin/Cramarossa/Boucher      (2 of these 3 and trade the other for pick)

Hutton - Tanev

Edler - Stecher 

Pedan/Juolevi - Gudbranson  (   if OJ is not ready then he should not stay   ) 

Biega - Holm

Markstrom

Bachman/UFA

(McEneny, Subban, Chatfield   Demko    Dahlen)  Start the year in the "A"

Sedin, Sedin, Boeser

Baertschi, Horvat, Eriksson

Granlund, Sutter, Megna

Gaunce, Chaput, Dorsett

Cramarossa

Edler, Tanev

Hutton, Gudbranson

Holm, Stecher

Pedan. Biega

Markstrom, Miller

Maybe switch Tanev and Stecher situationally.

Benning should use the cap space to sign two players. 

Dwight King: A 27 year old Stanley Cup winning left wing depth forward with tons of experience, who is a tank at 6'3" 234.

Having a sound veteran presence in the bottom six is essential for next season. 

Cody Franson: A larger Sbisa. Won't cost much, and fills a roster spot if Hutton has issues or Stecher gets the sophomore slump from Hutton. 

Neither player will break the bank.amd saves money for signing Bo, and eventually Gudbranson again. 

On 6/22/2017 at 7:35 AM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Baer-Bo-Boeser

Daniel- Henrik-Goldy

Granlund- Sutter- Erikksson

Boucher- Gaunce- Dorsett

Edler- Stetcher

Juolevi- Tanev

Hutton- Guddy

Markstrom

Bachman

If Horvat continues to get better as he has every season, same with Baertschi. 

If Boeser becomes who we all think he can be and has a solid rookie campaign. 

If Granlund continues to build off what we saw last year, and Eriksson shows that he can be way better than what we saw last year...

Then we might be a middle of the pack team as far as goal scoring is concerned.

But that defense and goaltending worries me.

Archived