The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

Lots of shots and a bit of iron.   

So basically puckluck and the game could have just as easily finished in a 3-2 victory with Elias getting a couple points?

Sounds about right. 

I was just wondering because at this point, the games he doesn’t score in might actually be the most informative. His scoring showcases elite talent that will undoubtedly translate to the highest levels. Cut and paste most of his highlights into an NHL game, and those pucks are still going into the net. So it’s becoming a question of how easily he can be controlled and contained, in terms of what kind of impact he’ll eventually have in the NHL. 

Which is is why I was wondering whether or not Brynäs played a great shutdown game today against Elias and his mates. But it sounds like that wasn’t what happened today and it was just the proverbial “game of inches” that kept him off the scoresheet.

On 02/12/2017 at 10:48 AM, gurn said:

Are you feeling ok? Just wondering as you down voted a post made a mere 23 hrs ago, apparently because it contained facts,

"Still using faulty math to try and hammer your point?

Sunday's PGT you made the same math mistake and I quoted you  a reply with the then proper numbers but I'll update them again for you

Ben Hutton 26 games 4 assists

Troy Stetcher 12 games 1 assist."

I still thibk you have me mixed up with someone else. I am sorry for any immature comments. And the I think Butcher will end up better than both. But I hope stech and Hutt prove me wrong. Cheers and I hope you have a great week.

Edited by bp79
Remove
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, bp79 said:

Dude you need to chiolout. First I didn't down vote anybody. And please show me rhe post where I said he played the wrong amount of games. I am well aware he played 10 games b4 getting injured. Math doesn't lie either does facts.PS mod already private messaged me and asked if I wanted he or she to intervene wirh the harrassment and insults. I said to leave as long as you don't message or respond to mine. Called maturity might wanna tey rhat germ Cheers

you down voted my post, contain a correct points total for the 2 d-men you were talking about and a day later you give some one crap for down voting a post containing what you said were facts. 

Maybe you are multi lingual and that explains some of the discrepancy.

Please show me where I  "harassed or insulted you" or don't bring that up when talking to me .

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

you down voted my post, contain a correct points total for the 2 d-men you were talking about and a day later you give some one crap for down voting a post containing what you said were facts. 

Please show me where I  "harassed or insulted you" or don't bring that up when talking to me .

Well I can't message you as I waa told to block you and if I got another post b4 I could do that the mld will see it and ot sounds lile im just one of many who habe issueas with you 

Oh and I was rifght you were wrong I. Never gave tbe wrong total for anything. Went back and checked. All that crap you spewed. Amd when I give downvotes. It is usually because ao.eome has said somthing crass. Yoi I did it because ypu are an A (thing in the middle of A Dohnut

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, gurn said:

You ask if. English is my second  language? Well no it isn't but keep insulting me. Ive retracted. My retort  

Edited by bp79
Added content
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, bp79 said:

Well I can't message you as I waa told to block you and if I got another post b4 I could do that the mld will see it and ot sounds lile im just one of many who habe issueas with you 

Oh and I was rifght you were wrong I. Never gave tbe wrong total for anything. Went back and checked. All that crap you spewed. Amd when I give downvotes. It is usually because ao.eome has said somthing crass. Yoi I did it because ypu are an A (thing in the middle of A Dohnut

9 minutes ago, bp79 said:

You ask if. English is my second  language. Based on your posts. You  arw 8 or English is your 3rd langiage 

Well I guess I'm outta here, I'll just ignore your posts from here on. Take care.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

SO HOW ABOUT THAT ELIAS PETTERSSON KID EH? THAT GUY IS SOME KIND OF HOCKEY PLAYER I TELL YOU WHAT! TRUELY SOMETHING SPECIAL!

Apologies for yelling, but this thread is one of the few sacred places of positivity left on CDC.Let's keep the childish name calling to a minimum yeah?

Indeed he his. 

Did Pettersson have his point streak snapped today?

Vaxjo doesn't play again 'till the 7th :(

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

SO HOW ABOUT THAT ELIAS PETTERSSON KID EH? THAT GUY IS SOME KIND OF HOCKEY PLAYER I TELL YOU WHAT! TRUELY SOMETHING SPECIAL!

Apologies for yelling, but this thread is one of the few sacred places of positivity left on CDC.Let's keep the childish name calling to a minimum yeah?

....who's this now...?

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Indeed he his. 

Did Pettersson have his point streak snapped today?

Vaxjo doesn't play again 'till the 7th :(

Vaxjo plays SC Bern in Champions League Hockey on December 5th :)

A live stream should be available, as most Champions League games are

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Anybody watch the game today? Unfortunately, I missed this one. Elias (and his line) were held off the scoresheet in a 2-1 loss to Brynäs. Just curious if they were shut down or just unlucky? Looks like they generated some chances from the stats. 

Someone at hfboards said they watched the game.  He played good, but Brynas was very fast.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Derp... said:

There is definitely very little physicality in this league.  He will have to adjust to that for sure.  Like early in the Sedin's career he will get hit.  The difference may be Elias' skating which should help him avoid the big ones, except for the board play which he wil have to learn.  Not much board play or cycling in this league.  I see him getting knocked down alot as it will be the best way to defend against him.

Edited by Borvat
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

From the above video...

EP was the best player on the ice...every shift.

Elias knows where to go and gets there on time...he looked like the fastest player on the ice most of the time.

EP was 3 strides behind the play and way off to the side at the offensive blueline (play at 7:00 min.) but by the time the puck carrier hit the defensive blueline EP knocked the puck off his stick.

The one and only thing Elias needs to dominate next year in the NHL....is 8-10 Lbs of muscle...he doesn't need to be 200 Lbs...175 Lbs. to start next year and 185 in his prime would be perfect.

• Cheers 1

On 01/12/2017 at 11:42 AM, gurn said:

Still using faulty math to try and hammer your point?

Sunday's PGT you made the same math mistake and I quoted you  a reply with the then proper numbers but I'll update them again for you

Ben Hutton 26 games 4 assists

Troy Stetcher 12 games 1 assist.

I never did what he said but it doesn't matter. I made A comment how they are both underperforming and A few decided to go into my account and downvote every post that was still in my profile. Fwiw. I pointed out there correct stats at the time.  I still think 5 points in 40 combined games is worrisome. 

And too all those who downvoted me. All I did was point out the fact that we need some above average pmds. Sorry to anyone I insulted

• Cheers 1