The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Joulevi and Stecher will do....but we will pick up a first round D. this year almost for sure, there are so many good ones available and at least 3-4 who will likely become #1's in Dahlin, Boqvist, Hughes, Merkely and Wilde...maybe Woo too......

You lost me at stecher. We need to face facts he isn't very godd just like Hutton. 2 points between our offensive dynamos. OJ I think will be A 40 point guy. But aftwr that our young D besides DP suck. And im A homer lol. I hope nxt year there both out of our top 6. I Also hope we trade guds for A puck moving D. Especually since Florida want's him so bad Anyone know who they have whovwould be A fit here? Goung forward id like to keep Tan Eds Zotto and pools. Cheers And love your positive attitude. Have A Nice dry day

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bp79 said:

You lost me at stretcher. We need to face facts he isn't very godd just like Hutton. 2 points between our offensive dynamos. OJ I think will be A 40 point guy. But aftwr that our young D besides DP suck. And im A homer lol. I hope nxt year there both out of our top 6. I Also hope we trade guds for A puck moving D. Especually since Florida want's him so bad Anyone know who they have whovwould be A fit here? Goung forward id like to keep Tan Eds Zotto and pools. Cheers And love your positive attitude. Have A Nice dry day

Kind of unfair to Stech.  He's only just come back from injury and has played a measly 12 games so far (2 since his return).  Last years 24pts in his rookie season was no fluke.  Patience is a good thing.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm very suspicious of the firm running the lotto. I used to work for one of the big 3 firms and they will do whatever you pay them to. Usually its just giving government a report that supports some position but I wouldn't put it past some of these guys to rig it. 

Wherever there is money there is opportunity for corruption. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 01/12/2017 at 11:23 AM, higgyfan said:

Kind of unfair to Stech.  He's only just come back from injury and has played a measly 12 games so far (2 since his return).  Last years 24pts in his rookie season was no fluke.  Patience is a good thing.

I hope people are right about them. Otherwise our D is in trouble Cheers

Edited by bp79
Spelling mistake
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, bp79 said:

You lost me at stecher. We need to face facts he isn't very godd just like Hutton. 2 points between our offensive dynamos. OJ I think will be A 40 point guy. But aftwr that our young D besides DP suck. And im A homer lol. I hope nxt year there both out of our top 6. I Also hope we trade guds for A puck moving D. Especually since Florida want's him so bad Anyone know who they have whovwould be A fit here? Goung forward id like to keep Tan Eds Zotto and pools. Cheers And love your positive attitude. Have A Nice dry day

Still using faulty math to try and hammer your point?

Sunday's PGT you made the same math mistake and I quoted you  a reply with the then proper numbers but I'll update them again for you

Ben Hutton 26 games 4 assists

Troy Stetcher 12 games 1 assist.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The 2018 draft has quite a few good D in the 1st round, so I'm hoping (if the Canucks don't make the playoffs), that they end up in the top 10. We'll get another good player, hopefully a D. Who knows, maybe Tryamkin also comes back. The Canucks are already a different team than that one he left last year. Maybe Goldy needs to have a chat with Nikki lol

Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, Juolevi, Dahlen, Demko - this will be a fun team to watch for years to come and they could finally bring a Cup to VAN.  

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Wherever there is money there is opportunity for corruption. 

I obviously have no first hand knowledge of it, just think its possible. 

usually for gov't work (which I have seen) "independent" consultants are hired to supposedly do an arms length study of something. But once its awarded the first thing that happens is one of the partners goes for lunch with the deputy minister involved and asks him/her what the preferred outcome they would like to see is. Happens on all sides. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, bp79 said:

I think it is 4 games 3 losses 1 Win. Maybe im being hard on him but people were acting the same way about Hutt in his rookie year. 20 points as a rookie is not elite level and thats what we need. Wonder if we were in on BUtcher. Now that guy is showing elite talent. I really really hope Oj turns into ATop 2 guy that puts up 40 or more points. Otherwise all were gonna here is Shoukd have taken Sergachev. Cheers.

You can't expect every dman on the team to be elite level.  Stech was undrafted and Hutt is a 4th overall pick.  They have proven they can play in the NHL, so I'd say they are doing well.  There's still a lot of hockey ahead of us, so hopefully they will both develop and improve.

I think Juolevi will end up the #1 LD and partner with an elite RD in the upcoming years.  As the team improves, they will look more inspiring to players like Butcher, but at the moment, the college guys are not looking at Vancouver.  There are some awfully good looking options at D in the next draft, so fingers X.

The team is on the upswing and getting better each year.  Another couple of years rebuilding and the'll be in good shape.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, bp79 said:

I would take Stecher over Edler any day...Stecher is on the way up and he is capable of much more than what we have seen ...Edler has been better this year but is a turnover machine in the offensive end, can't get his point shot through...ever...and doesn't score anymore.

Best case scenario is we Package Edler, Gagner and maybe Vanek for a 1st round pick and maybe a couple of 2nd round picks....then we draft 2-3 D. with those picks and our own first round pick....

If we pick in the 10-20 range and we get another !st pick in the same range, then we draft 2 of  Merkeley, Woo, Smith or Dobson ...out of those 2 and Joulevi  we should have a #1 and a #2 D.

Elias and Brock are only going to need Juolevi and Stecher to make the rest of the league petition Bettman for yet more stringent calls to made against us by the Ref's. in a desperate attempt to keep the cup in the USA or maybe Toronto ...of the payola is right....

EP is the real thing I can see that...just like with Brock 2 years ago when I had seen enough of him to know that he could have made our team last year...(glad he didn't though)

That is another reason to get EP over here for next year...to max. out the contract overlap for these 2 and Bo....not that EP wouldn't force his way on to the team next year anyway.....

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

You can't expect every dman on the team to be elite level.  Stech was undrafted and Hutt is a 4th overall pick.  They have proven they can play in the NHL, so I'd say they are doing well.  There's still a lot of hockey ahead of us, so hopefully they will both develop and improve.

I think Juolevi will end up the #1 LD and partner with an elite RD in the upcoming years.  As the team improves, they will look more inspiring to players like Butcher, but at the moment, the college guys are not looking at Vancouver.  There are some awfully good looking options at D in the next draft, so fingers X.

The team is on the upswing and getting better each year.  Another couple of years rebuilding and the'll be in good shape.

Geez, wasn't there somebody better available with that pick? :huh:

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Stecher has got some of the same skills as Butcher...maybe not quite as fast...which is a big deal...but still Stecher can skate, he can deke out defender's to hold the blueline (unlike Edler) and he is one of the smartest D. in the defensive zone as well...it is just his 2nd year and he was injured for most of it so far.

Stecher just needs to build his confidence up and get on the first unit PP instead of Edler...then watch him soar....

I am not sure if he will be a poor man's #2 D or a rich man's #3 D but I do think he pans out in that range and I do think he can get the puck to EP and BB which is all he needs to do to "affect" a #1D in points and TOI and any other metric for that matter.

Go EP ...you da man....

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

You guys are funny...always trying to bring me back down to earth...ain't going to happen....

No way I'm letting them become who they become....because they already are....I am just observing and reporting what will become the facts....just watch....

...but you folks carry on hand wringing and trying to keep from being disappointed.....

I like the positivity. But saying a lock is way too much considering how strong this year's rookies are doing. I'm optimistic though. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, bp79 said:

5 points in 38 games lock them up. I mean the fact that butcher has scred 18 in 22 games means nothing except he will surrpass both of their rookie point totals probobly in the next 2 weeks. Actually already beat hutton who had 17 in 71. Oh and lets not forget Sergachev 17 points. 

See those are the tyoes of players we need. Not 2 guys who suck on And in Stechs case was protected last year mistake after by Edler. But your right lets use his injury as an excuse. I mean louie is on fire since coming back as has Edler, and Tanev. Finally ask yourself this. Would you actively go out and trade for stecher or Hutton? Lawyered! Sorry binge watchingv how I met your Mother btw pretty sure on the post you brought up Icnevwr mentioned how many games Hutton had played. An I believe I said 10 for wretcher. But ill double check.

EP thread....and as soon as Stecher get's his confidence back...watch out...as for Hutton...either one really...they get no PP time and they are on the ice with the 3 and 4th line a lot wihich means passing to Gagner...and on to the other team from there....

They both will be better from here out expect to see Stecher in particular ...take off and Hutton just needs to mature a bit more...we are talking about a sophmore that is only a few games into his 2nd year and a junior with a few more games into his 3rd year...

EP will turn those 2 into Bobby Orr....okay....how about Scott Neidermeyer (sp)....

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rink on Renfrew said:

It’s the Petterson thread!

Why don’t you guys just PM each other?

I hope when Elias gets here, he takes the #40 I’ve always liked that number on a player. I would get his # & name on a jersey pronto.

That sounds like his goal total for an average year...once he get's going....40 get's my vote as well....EP is going to be the prototypical 40/60 man....and BB is looking like 60/40 isn't out of the question...!!!

• Cheers 1

On 01/12/2017 at 12:57 PM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

EP thread....and as soon as Stecher get's his confidence back...watch out...as for Hutton...either one really...they get no PP time and they are on the ice with the 3 and 4th line a lot wihich means passing to Gagner...and on to the other team from there....

They both will be better from here out expect to see Stecher in particular ...take off and Hutton just needs to mature a bit more...we are talking about a sophmore that is only a few games into his 2nd year and a junior with a few more games into his 3rd year...

EP will turn those 2 into Bobby Orr....okay....how about Scott Neidermeyer (sp)....

Previous poster was right  wrong thread for this. I hope you are rigjt. We need tje offense from them

Edited by bp79
Added content
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

That sounds like his goal total for an average year...once he get's going....40 get's my vote as well....EP is going to be the prototypical 40/60 man....and BB is looking like 60/40 isn't out of the question...!!!

Sorry my pm isn't workimg

14 minutes ago, Rink on Renfrew said:

It’s the Petterson thread!

Why don’t you guys just PM each other?

I hope when Elias gets here, he takes the #40 I’ve always liked that number on a player. I would get his # & name on a jersey pronto.

Sorry did't mean to vet off topic. As for 40 I like it 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1