The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Preseason GDT/PGT Canucks vs Kings Sept. 21st 4:30AM (Red Eye Edition)

VegasCanuck

Game Results  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

If the Canucks won - We killed LA, they suck, the Canucks are a playoff team this year!

If the Canucks lost - The guys were tired, it's just preseason, these games don't count, they were rusty.

lol

It is preseason, regardless. The game doesn't count, and doesn't really reflect the team as much as some would like to think it does. I don't see the forward lines shaking out like Green has them right now.

As well, Boeser and Virtanen have to be seriously considered as full-time players, as they are clearly outplaying some of the big league forwards.

2 hours ago, The Big Luongo said:

Lol no worries bud just an on going thing with this clown. This reggiebush guy is all over me has a mad hate on if I even marginally call out the Sedins or Edler for their frustrating losing play.

He's called me a flames fan in the past and I can't lie it really pisses me off as you can see lol

All good - get it totally.  

Just now, Alflives said:

That's too bad.  Tanev is going to get creamed over and over again this season too, and likely to get injured:(

Hutton is a big boy and could step up for Tanev. Edler, to me, is closing in on his expiry date here. He has coasted far too often, and as the most senior member of the blueline, should provide a far more consistent level of play. I'll truly reserve complete judgment until the 10 game mark of the regular season, but if Edler is the same woefully inconsistent d-man he's been for the last few seasons, hopefully he'll waive his clause and allow a trade to happen.

The 1st PP unit had the Sedin's, Vanek, Gagner, and Hutton. The problem with this (IMO) is they don't have someone that can shoot the puck. Daniel has become more of a passer over the last few years, Gagner is known more for his playmaking, Henrik is Henrik, and Vanek is an artist in front of the net.

Once this team is ready for the season, I can definitely see Boeser replacing Gagner on the first unit with something like:

PP1:

Sedin-Sedin-Vanek

Boeser-Del Zotto

PP2:

Baertschi-Horvat-Gagner

Stecher-Eriksson

Depending on the night and roster, Eriksson could rotate out with Burmistrov or Granlund.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hutton is a big boy and could step up for Tanev. Edler, to me, is closing in on his expiry date here. He has coasted far too often, and as the most senior member of the blueline, should provide a far more consistent level of play. I'll truly reserve complete judgment until the 10 game mark of the regular season, but if Edler is the same woefully inconsistent d-man he's been for the last few seasons, hopefully he'll waive his clause and allow a trade to happen.

Edler's "closing in on his expiry date" with us is the biggest reason why I want Green to make Edler play that "free up pucks by taking hits" role.  Hopefully it will make Edler agree to a trade:)  (Leafs did that same thing to Phaneuf)

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Edler looks to be slotted in with Stecher. Tanev with Hutton.

That worked well last year. Honestly tho I watched the entire game and didn't think Edler was bad... I guess thats what opinions are for. Marky was a little skaky, Quick was really good, thats pretty much the difference today other than our PP 1st unit is just as bad 1/2 way around the world :lol: i kid, 1/12 is brutal but they had a few more quality chances than that. 

If there must be a "bad" from today I'd say if Loui and Vanek are put on a line together for the year its going to be another season where Loui is doing more defensive work than offensive work. Vanek looked winded more than once imo and that means Loui's going to have to pick up the slack. The + side of Burmistrov being on that line tho is Loui did feed him the puck well for a couple of nice shots so it could balance out. 

6 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

The 1st PP unit had the Sedin's, Vanek, Gagner, and Hutton. The problem with this (IMO) is they don't have someone that can shoot the puck. Daniel has become more of a passer over the last few years, Gagner is known more for his playmaking, Henrik is Henrik, and Vanek is an artist in front of the net.

Once this team is ready for the season, I can definitely see Boeser replacing Gagner on the first unit with something like:

PP1:

Sedin-Sedin-Vanek

Boeser-Del Zotto

PP2:

Baertschi-Horvat-Gagner

Stecher-Eriksson

Depending on the night and roster, Eriksson could rotate out with Burmistrov or Granlund.

It was Edler on the Sedin unit and not Hutton.

For this game it was

Sedin Sedin Vanek Gagner Edler

Baertschi Burmistrov Horvat Hutton and Boucher got replaced by Eriksson by the 2nd or 3rd PP.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

That worked well last year. Honestly tho I watched the entire game and didn't think Edler was bad... I guess thats what opinions are for. Marky was a little skaky, Quick was really good, thats pretty much the difference today other than our PP 1st unit is just as bad 1/2 way around the world :lol: i kid, 1/12 is brutal but they had a few more quality chances than that. 

If there must be a "bad" from today I'd say if Loui and Vanek are put on a line together for the year its going to be another season where Loui is doing more defensive work than offensive work. Vanek looked winded more than once imo and that means Loui's going to have to pick up the slack. The + side of Burmistrov being on that line tho is Loui did feed him the puck well for a couple of nice shots so it could balance out. 

I'd rather watch a line with Boeser and Virtanen on Bermistrov's wings than two older, slugs like Vanek and Erikson.

After reading the replies on this thread I am glad I opted not to set my alarm clock. Sounds like it was brutal.

I don't think Vancouver fans are going to come out and pay big ticket prices to watch repeats  of the last couple years - I do think they would pay the price to watch the kids play and develop - but just my opinion. And I do love the Sedins - they just need to play fewer minutes and not on the PP

4 hours ago, samurai said:

Gud just went somewhere Cherry would never go  - great look.  Is that CIA in front of him?

If that jacket had 6 inches of vertical starch Cherry would be all up in it.

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Henrik shoulda' shot

Where have we heard that before?

3 hours ago, Wilfred said:

And? Irrelevant to my points which are:

A: 1-5 on a single game basis is not a good night, let alone 1-7. 

B: PP in general still looks uninspired. There's a few chances here and there but nothing of real substance. Obviously you're not gonna have an incredible PP every time you get one. However, there's a lack of good movement, passing, and willingness to shoot. There's still plenty of time for improvement thankfully.

I'd be happy with a 1/5 PP (%20) every game all year, those numbers aren't bad.

3 hours ago, samurai said:

agreed, should have been a regular season game.   

Or maybe Bettman should have just sent the NHL to Korea for some local timezone exposure to the best &^@#ing hockey in the world prior to Beijing 2022. 

Archived