The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jonah Gadjovich

25 minutes ago, Toews said:

Can't bring him over to the Canucks until his team's season is over. I think this is just them rewarding his play in the OHL, he gets a nice signing bonus. Positive reinforcement. ^_^  

Signing him now also buys two years of possible entry level slide (extending a 3-year ELC to potentially 5 years).

He just turned 19 (Oct 12) but contract-wise, his "ELC signing age" (age on Sept 15 of contact year) is 18.

His contract can slide for his age 18 (2017-18) and age 19 (2018-19) years.

Signing him next year, he falls under the exception rule (turns 20 between Sept 16 and Dec 31) and would not be slide eligible.

24 minutes ago, apollo said:

He's got him self a pretty hot gf.... assuming the one with the black dress and the high slit is his GF and not his sister lol. 

Obviously I hope every Canuck prospect develops and becomes a star... but this one would be extra sweet considering it's who we got with the Torts pick. We seriously deserve some good karma here. 

Too early to tell but could be a great pickup by uncle Jimbo at 55th overall.

Definitely girlfriend judging by Twitter banner. But yeah. :wub::wub:

51 minutes ago, Stelar said:

This just means they have him signed.  Doesn’t mean he is going to the AHL.  He will still play the year in the OHL. 

This would be correct. 

My understanding is he is only eligible for AHL, being drafted from the CHL, if he has already played 4 years in the CHL.  Will be AHL eligible next year. And because he is already assigned to the CHL this year, can only be recalled to the NHL when their season ends. Or on an emergency basis.

Believe he just gets a signing bonus & the confidence its done.  But I also recall something with Stecher's pact, that even signing bonuses get paid May 1st or June 1st, something like that? However, he will be owed the signing bonus regardless of whether he ever makes it.

20 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Oh ok thanks, I read somewhere that Benning was going to get him to sign his ELC after his season is over.

Yes, that would be the intent. They would like to sign him at the end of the NCAA season and assign him to Utica or directly to the Canucks like they did with Boeser last year. They do not want to risk him going back to college for a 4th season as he could become a UFA by August 2019 if he chose that route.

57 minutes ago, apollo said:

He's got him self a pretty hot gf.... assuming the one with the black dress and the high slit is his GF and not his sister lol. 

Obviously I hope every Canuck prospect develops and becomes a star... but this one would be extra sweet considering it's who we got with the Torts pick. We seriously deserve some good karma here. 

Too early to tell but could be a great pickup by uncle Jimbo at 55th overall.

I think the one with the piano pants is his girlfriend 

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

This would be the reason but I've always wondered, can a team call up someone from the CHL to the main team during the seaspn? Or is it only possible when their CHL season is over?

I think they can if it's on an  emergency basis, but it's rare. I could be wrong though.

Archived