The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Canucks-Islanders

Pears

So there’s a couple of Islanders fans I’ve been talking to on Twitter who want Tanev and this is a trade we agreed to:

To Vancouver: Michael Dal Colle, Mitch Vande Sompel, 2018 1st round pick

To NY Islanders: Chris Tanev

That would be a pretty solid haul for Tanev. Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind this trade if we're out of playoff contention by the trade deadline. Although I'd swap out Dal Colle with Robin Salo. PMD, finnish defenseman.

We don't need more reclamation projects. We have enough of those. And we also need some defensive prospects too. Ones that have top 4 potential.

24 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

Tanev is the core of our defense right now. No deal.

Didn't you see the last game we played? It was without Tanev. We got smashed hard.

And that’s why we’d have to get a significant return for Tanev to even consider moving him. IMO this would be a good return, especially if the 1st is Calgary’s.

So basically 3 giant question marks for one of the top defensive defensemen in the league whose signed to a reasonable cap hit for 2 more seasons? Big no from me. It would start at minimum Ryan Pulock and a first, and NYI would probably have to add.

Dal Colle might not be a complete bust but its very doubtful he lives up to his pre-draft potential. 

Vande Sompel is playing well in the AHL atm but he's still undersized for a defenseman and its totally unclear whether or not he'll be an NHL player, let alone an impact one.

The draft pick is exactly that, a pick. Its an even bigger gamble than a known entity like a prospect.

Its important to keep in mind we still have Tanev on a good contract for 2 more seasons. Its not like his deal is about to expire, and we still need to get what we can for him. He didn't request a trade. His value's at an all time high, if we wanted to move him teams would be knocking down the door to get him.

Absolutely not to M.D.C.  At this point he's marginal bust territory.

As well, with Stecher and potentially Subban already in the team, why do we need another small, offensive D-man?  Van De Sompel seems redundant.

If anything, one of Pulock or Beauvillier, and a 1st (maybe with Brock Nelson included, I'd push hard for that if I'm J.B.) for one of the most widely recognized defensive defensemen in the league, period.  Potential sniper or top-4 right-side defender and a mobile, young, big-bodied forward who's more than comfortable in the hash marks (and both Ryan and brock are versatile wingers or centers) and a 1st, if possible, for Chris.  Shouldn't be underselling Tanev as teams around the league want him.  If you want to outbid the Leafs for instance, you better come with your assets ready.  

On 11/11/2017 at 12:29 PM, Pears said:

So there’s a couple of Islanders fans I’ve been talking to on Twitter who want Tanev and this is a trade we agreed to:

To Vancouver: Michael Dal Colle, Mitch Vande Sompel, 2018 1st round pick

To NY Islanders: Chris Tanev

That would be a pretty solid haul for Tanev. Thoughts?

Agree but would new York do that?

Archived