The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Alabama Senate Election - Jones Defeat Moore in Upset Win

DonLever

8 hours ago, Mikey2Dope said:

I'm pretty sure of it too, especially with the exit polls that came out today that said 55% of voters polled said the allegations against Moore were a minor factor to no factor at all in their decision. That is pure crazy.

So what you're saying is, you've swallowed the entire cauldron of kool aid that has been offered to you, and now believe, without reservation, that "ALLEGATIONS" now = CONVICTIONS

Thank ^%$#ing GOD, you're not a Judge.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Mattrek said:

Someone has a crystal ball :lol:

Instead of blaming Trump for everything,  Lindsey Graham should look at himself and fellow senators for the problems facing the Republican Party".   Donald Trump gave Republicans control of the White House, the House of Representatives,  and the Senate.   That is a home run in US politics.  And yet, the Republicans cannot pass any legislation!   What is happening is a civil war within the GOP itself.   Instead of uniting, the GOP is fighting among themselves.   Some of their own members like John McCain even vote against their party.   So if the Republican Party fall apart, blame should be shared among all of them.

12 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Supposedly Moore showed up to the polls on a horse named Sassy.

I’m guessing his other horses have names like Tiger Beat and Cosmogirl?

Maybe people are too young to remember Sassy magazine, a monthly publication from the 1980s and 1990s written for an adolescent female target audience.

I’d imagine Moore has a certain affinity for anything that targets teenage girls.

8 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Yep...  That statute that I posted also counts for federal elections.

This may not be over:

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2017-elections/alabama-senate-race-results-moore-jones-n829011

I bet Soros will pay for it in secret to keep Hillarys emails secret in order to cover up the pizza shop pedophiles that shot people from a helicopter in vegas while BIll shot up Mandalay bay

5 hours ago, DonLever said:

Instead of blaming Trump for everything,  Lindsey Graham should look at himself and fellow senators for the problems facing the Republican Party".   Donald Trump gave Republicans control of the White House, the House of Representatives,  and the Senate.   That is a home run in US politics.  And yet, the Republicans cannot pass any legislation!   What is happening is a civil war within the GOP itself.   Instead of uniting, the GOP is fighting among themselves.   Some of their own members like John McCain even vote against their party.   So if the Republican Party fall apart, blame should be shared among all of them.

Well said.  How exactly did Trump destroy the party when he WON the election?  

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’m guessing his other horses have names like Tiger Beat and Cosmogirl?

Maybe people are too young to remember Sassy magazine, a monthly publication from the 1980s and 1990s written for an adolescent female target audience.

I’d imagine Moore has a certain affinity for anything that targets teenage girls.

I didn't even think about that. What a total creeper that guy is.

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Collective soul huh

he really believes this is real, thats the scary thing. Not collective soul, the votey stuff. 

It takes hackers about 1 minute to send a fake email from almost anyones account. You could send an email using Harvey's real estate office email to Trump and Don Jr. saying "the moose is loose in Canada, you know what to do Don Jr." 

Didn't effect the outcome of this election but I thought the following is interesting:

Sung Tzu:  “Every battle is won before it’s ever fought.”

See:  "Gerrymandering"

DQ6vLhBW0AI1n3v.png:large

For a more "local example"....not sure many here remember or will know about the "famous" Gracie's Finger.....(no, not Justin's dad one finger salute in Salmon Arm LOL).

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he really believes this is real, thats the scary thing. Not collective soul, the votey stuff. 

It takes hackers about 1 minute to send a fake email from almost anyones account. You could send an email using Harvey's real estate office email to Trump and Don Jr. saying "the moose is loose in Canada, you know what to do Don Jr." 

Hahahaha. Like moths to the flame it seems.

I'll send out the following message from a fake Trudeau email account and see how it plays out.

"The beaver has a cleaver. The elk is listening to Lawrence Welk. The bear is at the fair." That should keep them busy for at least a week.

29 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Didn't effect the outcome of this election but I thought the following is interesting:

Sung Tzu:  “Every battle is won before it’s ever fought.”

See:  "Gerrymandering"

DQ6vLhBW0AI1n3v.png:large

For a more "local example"....not sure many here remember or will know about the "famous" Gracie's Finger.....(no, not Justin's dad one finger salute in Salmon Arm LOL).

I believe Birmingham in the 7th district and it is the largest city in Alabama.  

So pretty much that one city/district won it all.  

8 hours ago, darkpoet said:

So what you're saying is, you've swallowed the entire cauldron of kool aid that has been offered to you, and now believe, without reservation, that "ALLEGATIONS" now = CONVICTIONS

Thank ^%$#ing GOD, you're not a Judge.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, show me exactly in my post where I said anything remotely close to that.

What I did say is that it's pure crazy that you wouldn't even take into consideration that the candidate you are possibly voting for is an alleged child molester. If that wouldn't even be somewhat of a concern for you as a voter then that's pretty messed up.

56 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I didn't even think about that. What a total creeper that guy is.

Definitely a creepy guy, to put it mildly.

Although I don’t honestly believe he named the horse after Sassy magazine. That was more tongue in cheek.

And given that Sassy catered to an indie rock and alternative music segment of teenaged girl market, and actually had a lot of female empowerment and feminist content, I doubt Moore would have been a much of fan of the magazine (if he was even aware of its existence).

Just was the first thing I thought about when I heard the name and felt it was pretty ironic.

Archived