GOLDY-BURMI-VIRT

GAUNCE-DOWD-GRANNY

EDLER-POULIOT

HUTTON-STECHER

BIEGA-MDZ

MARKY

NILSSON

LAST MEETING: 

What I wouldn't give to see Virtanen or Biega belt Tkatchuk. GO CANUCKS GO!!

85mq2Oz7Wfr13RrqbHq_4OIFzgatkkykofC4GY-dEAg.jpg?w=431&s=4221502a3ff2dd9f52dea692336e97cd       

ELIAS PETTERSSON HAS ENTERED THE COUNTRY. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Thank you for the GDT. It seems the Nucks are destined for mediocrity this year which is a big step up from the last two years. Edmonton is heating up and Calgary took it to us when they needed to in order to solidify that last PO position.

It will be interesting to see how the Nucks respond tonight as every game is hugely important. The Nucks are long overdue to establish some identity at the ROG. Perhaps the last game is the beginning of something great. Play with heart, speed and grit. Don't let Calgary's boys intimidate you when they take runs and liberties. Perhaps take them out with majors and misconducts but not as the instigator; rather, as team that dealt the initial blow that results in a scrum/fight.

Talking about the instigator rule. Why do officials quickly hand one to Vancouver and rarely to the opposition? As much as I hate the rule, this is a penalty that should have no subjectivity and be called automatically. So frustrating.

GCG  I predict a 5 - 3 win

the last time the canucks had a player hit 40 goals, it was 2010-11 when both daniel and kesler got 41.

kesler got his 20th on january 5th in his 39th game of the season. after 30 games played he had 15 goals.

daniel got his 20th on december 31st in his 36th game of the year. after 30 games played he had 16 goals. 

brock boeser currently has 17 goals through 30 games played, and unlike the other two, has missed 3 games. can he make it to 20 before the new year, or even before the christmas break? I think he can, and for me that's as compelling a reason to watch as any. 

also noteworthy, boeser is currently on pace for a 45 goal season (79 games), which would be the most by a rookie since alex ovechkin scored 52 in 2005-06, and would tie dale hawerchuk and luc robitaille for the 5th best rookie goal-scoring season of all time, behind only selanne, bossy, ovechkin, and nieuwendyk. so that's something to keep an eye on. 

Important win tonight for both teams....should be a good game.

3-1 Flames...Gaunce gets his first with an assist from Boeser and JV.

Noticed the standings...like I mentioned before....now, all the teams in a playoff position have a positive plus/minus (except one, Dallas, which is even) and all the teams out of the playoffs have negative plus/minus except two (Philly and Minny)...very interesting indicator.

3 hours ago, NHTyrany said:

Thank you for the GDT. It seems the Nucks are destined for mediocrity this year which is a big step up from the last two years. Edmonton is heating up and Calgary took it to us when they needed to in order to solidify that last PO position.

It will be interesting to see how the Nucks respond tonight as every game is hugely important. The Nucks are long overdue to establish some identity at the ROG. Perhaps the last game is the beginning of something great. Play with heart, speed and grit. Don't let Calgary's boys intimidate you when they take runs and liberties. Perhaps take them out with majors and misconducts but not as the instigator; rather, as team that dealt the initial blow that results in a scrum/fight.

Talking about the instigator rule. Why do officials quickly hand one to Vancouver and rarely to the opposition? As much as I hate the rule, this is a penalty that should have no subjectivity and be called automatically. So frustrating.

GCG  I predict a 5 - 3 win

Edmonton heating up?

Am I missing something here, they have the fifth worst GA in the league and their longest winning streak has been what? ( two I believe )

Oh, that kind of heat - got it.

• -SN- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • -SN- locked this topic

Archived