The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] If Pierre-Luc Dubois slid down to #5, PK Subban would be a Vancouver Canuck

pluralsight

Meh.  I'm a huge fan of Subban,  but to me this would have been a band-aid fix to the team,  the Sedins are still past their prime,  and most of the prospects still need time to develop,  adding Subban would sell more tickets,  but I don't see it bringing us closer to the stanley cup.

Building through the draft is how winners are built in the salary cap NHL.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So basically, the question is, would you rather have Olli Juolevi or PK Subban?

Since we are a rebuilding team I gotta go with Juolevi simply for long term direction of the team. If the Canucks were a playoff team Subban would be my choice but with the bottom dwelling the past couple seasons his talent would of gone to waste here. 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So basically, the question is, would you rather have Olli Juolevi or PK Subban?

I would love to have PK on the team but the rebuild wouldn't be in full motion now if we had acquired him so in this case I think Vancouver is better off even though I am a huge fan of PK

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

PK Subban & Guds would have made a VERY effective pairing.

An intriguing "what if" scenario.

Blueline is essentially rebuilt around PK, Tanev, Guds and whoever.

I would argue that the Canucks would have never traded for Guddy had we gotten PK. 

EDIT. Woops, the Guddy trade would have happened before the draft. So you sir, are correct. 

So, did Elliott tell us this to make us feel bad about getting Juolevi instead? What an a-hole. Who cares? Would've, should've, could've. Our luck PK would've come here and coasted and Benning would be vilified for giving up on PLD too quickly. 

Archived