The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation/Rumor] Canucks on the twins future and Gudbranson

On 2/16/2018 at 6:45 PM, Joe_Kerr said:

What do people think of a deal like this?

Too rich for my blood.  Terrible stats, and hasn’t often brought the nasty element we are supposed to expect from him.  

His current contract is what he is worth.  Paying for hopeful future performance on a guy his age is asking to be disappointed.

I fully expect that he will sign for too much money and  I will be disappointed.

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm going to enjoy reading the posts once Gudbranson is signed. 

What do you think he is worth and what do you think he will sign for?

Since your so confident they got a workable number.  Curious your thoughts.

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

What do you think he is worth and what do you think he will sign for?

Since your so confident they got a workable number.  Curious your thoughts.

I'll let Benning decide that. Confidence does not mean I'm a mind reader or league insider by any means. 

Gudbranson wants to be here and showed his worth by manhandling the majority of the Boston forward corps. 

Benning wants to re-sign Gudbranson because of what he brings, regardless of the impotent whining from the local press. 

Guddy's price tag won't likely exceed Edler's, who may be extended if he and Gudbranson can maintain their chemistry. 

Just now, Hugor Hill said:

It's fine as long as we don't over pay.

We have no physical Dman, now or in the pipeline.

Now shop Vanek and Del Zotto.

I don't think they have any desire to move MDZ yet. By all means if someone offers you something tasty....

I think they're looking at moving Vanek for sure and likely shopping Hutton to see what they could get but aren't under any real pressure to move him.

If they can sign Guddy I think they'll listen to any STRONG offers on Tanev and seriously consider cashing in if someone is willing to pay up. I also imagine they're listening on Edler but between needing to waive his NTC and having nobody else to really play 22+ minutes every night the offer would also have to be SOLID.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I don't think they have any desire to move MDZ yet. By all means if someone offers you something tasty....

I think they're looking at moving Vanek for sure and likely shopping Hutton to see what they could get but aren't under any real pressure to move him.

If they can sign Guddy I think they'll listen to any STRONG offers on Tanev and seriously consider cashing in if someone is willing to pay up. I also imagine they're listening on Edler but between needing to waive his NTC and having nobody else to really play 22+ minutes every night the offer would also have to be SOLID.

The Michael Kempny trade got Chi-town a third round pick.  You'd think that is likely where Michael Del Zotto might be valued at too, caveat is that kempny is far more cheaper on the salary with 800K compared to Del Zotto's 3 mil and an additional year

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

A Tanev move looks like a certain thing either at this TDL or at the draft.  His durability would be improved on a better transition team out east.

If no one is willing to pay the special price this deadline there is always the draft.  Could see us get a 10-15 pick and a b tier prospect if we can't get someone to pony up.

So much possibly. Honestly I don't think we lose much this season without Tanev. He helped early on but has been out with freak injury after freak injury. Love the guy he's a warrior but youth and picks are what is needed.

I wanna see him win a cup on Tampa with his old childhood teammate Stamkos.

5yrs at 4m is what I’m hoping for it’ll be 

But if/when he’s signed that must put tanev At the forefront of all trade speculation 

I bet you it came down to they would rather sign guddy plus the higher return for tanev as opposed to keeping tanev and trading gudbranson for half of what tanev could command 

Archived