The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour - Larry Brooks - Max Domi

Podz92

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I'm really surprised they want to move Domi. But hey if this is true I'd offer up Virtanen. 

Hard to imagine Domi's value is to the point where I wouldn't trade Virt for him. But I don't think I would. They look to be trending in different directions.

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Would be great to reunite Horvat and Domi. Any idea if the poor season has anything to do with Domi`s health issues (diabetes)

sounds like arizona fans think it is due to the fact they have been using him as a C most of the year

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Goldobin + Granlund? 

no I want to keep Granny, he's turning in to such a valuable defensive player that I'd like to see him get signed here for at least 2, maybe 4 years on the next deal. Guys a swiss army knife too, he can move up and down lines with ease if needed.

I'd be looking at Hutton + a 3rd

1 hour ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

Yikes checked his DB and that's a major drop in production.... what happened? 

Playing in front of empty seats at home games can't possibly keep your motivation and drive up like demanding markets.

His dad played in these hockey mad cities, Max deserves better than Arizona. 

Just now, rekker said:

Hard to imagine Domi's value is to the point where I wouldn't trade Virt for him. But I don't think I would . 

Domi has more value than Jake based on he has shown he can produce well in the NHL. I would keep Jake as I hope he can get more ice time and get some scoring chances

Domi can really be a star in a big Canadian market.e plays with so much heart. It's exactly what we need. He'd also bounce off Virtanen so well as the boys who will chirp your head off, then get physical when protecting teamates. Virtanen can't do it alone. 

Get Domi, sign Evander Kane.

Kane - Petterson - Boeser

Domi - Horvat - Virtanen

Super well rounded, and brings the speed, grit and heart. If he is on the market, we better be making some calls. 

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Hard to imagine Domi's value is to the point where I wouldn't trade Virt for him. But I don't think I would . 

I dont think they would have any interest in some Goldy, Granlund, Hutton nonsense.

Domi Horvat Boeser would be too tempting to pass on. 

I don't think Virtanen will ever be more than and average bottom 6 guy he simply has no cajones. If he did they should have dropped by now. 

14 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Domi has more value than Jake based on he has shown he can produce well in the NHL. I would keep Jake as I hope he can get more ice time and get some scoring chances

Your probably right. I just wonder if there is more to the Domi story. Health, smarts, injuries have slowed him down?

28 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no I want to keep Granny, he's turning in to such a valuable defensive player that I'd like to see him get signed here for at least 2, maybe 4 years on the next deal. Guys a swiss army knife too, he can move up and down lines with ease if needed.neo give value to

I'd be looking at Hutton + a 3rd

Hutton + could work too but you need to give value to get value. Hutton doesn't have a tonne of value right now. 

I like Granlund too, for all the reasons you listed but Domi's got a higher ceiling.  

16 minutes ago, rekker said:

Your probably right. I just wonder if there is more to the Domi story. Health, smarts, injuries have slowed him down?

I think it's just Chayka and the mathlete culture he's built with that team. His team is a disaster all around, and its not like they have bad players.

Get Domi in a Canadian market and it'll jump start him game one.

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Hutton + could work too but you need to give value to get value. Hutton doesn't have a tonne of value right now. 

I like Granlund too, for all the reasons you listed but Domi's got a higher ceiling.  

well... neither does Domi. AZ needs new players at nearly every line or pairing, Hutton needs a new home, he's a good skater and is decent on the PK. Plus I don't know that I want to give up anyone else TBH. Hutton is probably more valuable than Jake as well since he has had a decent year and still could be a top 4 D under the right circumstances, just not here anymore. Juolevi is going to take Hutton's spot, and Edlers not going anywhere. 

Archived