The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] STL acquires Nikita Soshnikov from TOR for a 2019 4th round pick

Adarsh Sant

15 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Very surprised that this is all they could get...

Lou Lamiorello selling low to purposefully create a buyers market so that he can get Rick Nash on the cheap. 

I'm surprised that they go that much tbh. Pretty underwhelming career numbers: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=94676

But I guess it could be seen as similar to the Pouliot deal, with DP carrying maybe a little more value. 

34 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Good deal for STL, but will he become anything in the NHL? His NHL stats speak otherwise. Also good on TOR for getting something done and acquiring another draft pick. Meanwhile, Benning sits patiently by the phone.

Oh? You have a live feed of Benning's office? Can you share it with us?

The Leafs had him on Soshnikov Island lol - endlessly shameless manipulators of the CBA.

"Though Soshnikov played for the Marlies and appears healthy, the collective bargaining agreement allows team doctors to determine if a player is healthy enough to play in the NHL."

They had no roster spot, so they kept him on IR - as he played in the AHLolol.

Lupul Island sunk - Soshnikov Island was moved to St Louis.  

55 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Good deal for STL, but will he become anything in the NHL? His NHL stats speak otherwise. Also good on TOR for getting something done and acquiring another draft pick. Meanwhile, Benning sits patiently by the phone.

Soshnikov has been a problem for them with them having excessive forwards and them not wanting to place him on waivers (see Leivo also). I'm surprised it has taken this long for them to finally get something done, but it's also probably the reason why they even got anything at all since they didn't waive him earlier and found loopholes to hang onto him as long as possible. They are not in a rebuild mode and trying to trade players for picks.

When Benning had a problem with the injuries to the roster, he brought in Dowd who has done what was expected of him. Benning does his job when it is called for just like TO did in this situation. Benning is waiting for the deadline when the market heats up. But I get it, you don't like Benning and will take any opportunity to try and trash him. Have you ever thought of joining the Vancouver media staff?

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Wait a minute...so you're actually praising the fact that they got a 4th round pick? You don't think they could've gotten more had they waited?

13 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Shame on Benning for not trying to stretch and skirt the rules, and not wanting to keep players hanging in limbo or not even playing.  That class act Toronto with the way they handled Corrado, Lupul, and the whole slew of Robidas Island/LTIR Inhabitants know how to get things done, Lou-Style.

Behind every fortune is a crime.....er sumthin like that.

So... If Canucks lure a young player over from KHL as a UFA and give him but a few chances to succeed and flip him for a pick it would be seen as not dealing in good faith? If TO does it then its a brilliant move by the bald god. Or am I blinded by my hate for TO, their fans, their media, Lou L?

6 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Leafs at the top of the standings with one of the brightest futures in the league and still acquiring draft picks.

While we're a dumpster fire team and are thinking about resigning UFA's in Guddy and Vanek........

Clearly you're in the wrong forum.  Go camp in that place you adore, along with their magical late 4th round pick that isn't even for this draft, and be happy.

Archived