The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Former Canuck would you Draft today to help this team

mikeyman109

5 minutes ago, gameburn said:

He and Bobby Orr: best pp D of all time.  Reinhart or Bure, as first choices, for sure.  Just imagine Reinhart with Boeser?  lol. 

Reinhart was a legend.  57 points in 67 games as a D man in his last year in the NHL.

Back injuries ended his career....    With Reinhart on the Canucks right now we would be playoff team i would think. 

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Reinhart was a legend.  57 points in 67 games as a D man in his last year in the NHL.

Back injuries ended his career....    With Reinhart on the Canucks right now we would be playoff team i would think. 

Talk about hockey I.Q.: was there ever a smarter player than Reinhart?  His vision and passing were incredible.  And, as I say, the powerplay would immediately jump to a guaranteed goal a game.   

Clearly, the most talented player ever to play for this team... Bure

Other notables, Messier (not Canuck Messier but Oiler/Ranger Messier), Mogilny, Sundin (Toronto Sundin), Bertuzzi, and of course a young Ryan Miller or Luongo

7 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Paul Reinhart

Most skilled D man to ever play on the Canucks...   Drafted 12th overall.....

Rick Lanz takes that distinction. Drafted 7th overall. Not that draft placement matters, but by far the most underrated offensive D this team has ever had. If he had more luck and opportunity, he could've been in the HHOF. 

36 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Ollie Joulevi reminds me of Lumme. The skating style and the calmness with the puck. 

You mean heads up and gliding at 3/4 speed with his legs like riding a horse ...and those eyes open as wide as dinner plates to make his no look tape to tape passes to either cheating winger.  I also liked his flip up the ice out of trouble move, over half the players and into safety.   Good player.

Archived