The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(trade} Plekanek to Toronto

The Leafs did it again.   Last year they spent a 2nd renting Boyle - that was a horrible decision.

This year they rent a 35 year old Plekanec who's been declining for a couple years now.

Good possession center that can win faceoffs - but I hae to wonder - don't the Leafs think it's better to add prospects to that uninspiring prospect pool of theirs?

They may be a year closer to being ready to be renting - but I still don't like the deal.

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

That’s two player Bergevin has screwed out of reaching 1000 games with the Habs. I hate to see Plekanec go to Toronto. The 2nd seems like the only real asset coming back. Rychel is getting deep into busy territory 

Well if he had kept those games to play over 1000 games, those players will become stale and should retire ASAP. For those who want the Sedins gone must believe Bergevin is the better GM compared to Benning for getting assets for these aging forwards.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Well if he had kept those games to play over 1000 games, those players will become stale and should retire ASAP. For those who want the Sedins gone must believe Bergevin is the better GM compared to Benning for getting assets for these aging forwards.

Markov could have still contributed this year considering the tire fire Montreal’s defence has been. But yeah. you have the move Plekanec and get those assets.  There’s still a chance Plekanec plays his 1000 game as a Hab if they bring him back (at a greatly reduced salary) via free agency 

Archived