4. 4. MOST EXCITING PLAYER

• BROCK BOESER
    • BO HORVAT
    • BRENDAN LEIPSIC
    • SEDINS (ONE OR BOTH)
    • NIKOLAY GOLDOBIN
    • OTHER

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/2018 at 06:59 AM

It's that time of the year again! We get to vote on our favorite Canucks for the following team awards:

• Cyclone Taylor Award (MVP)
  • Fred J. Hume Award (Unsung Hero)
  • Walter "Babe" Pratt Award (Top Defenceman)
  • Pavel Bure Award (Most Exciting Player)er)

You can vote at the following link: http://contests.canucks.com/player_awards/. Fans that vote will be entered into a contest to win a puck signed by Brock and/or a stick signed by Stech!

Who ya got?

Cyclone Taylor Award (MVP) - Henrik Sedin

Fred J. Hume Award (Unsung Hero) - Derek Dorsett

Walter "Babe" Pratt Award (Top Defenceman) - Alex Edler

Pavel Bure Award (Most Exciting Player) - Daniel Sedin

This is the first year I had a tough time choosing who to vote for. I feel like both Bo and Brock have been huge for this team (MVP) in different ways. I ultimately voted Brock, but I'm rethinking it. The team tanked when either one of them were out, but Bo seems to be the glue that holds the guys together, on and off the ice.

Unsung hero I don't even know. I just picked Dorse because I like and miss him. Maybe it's just me looking back with nostalgia, but his start to the season really cemented to me what his role was on this team and how important he really was. His impact is missed.

Top D is Edler and it's not even close.

Most exciting has to be Brock. His shot is too flashy not to get attention.

MVP.  Horvat.  He is the team leader now, we were in the mix till his injury, and his game is getting more well rounded.  

Unsung hero.  Blah we don't really have anyone.  Dorsett didn't play long enough.  All the vets had worse years than before.

I'd say Bo and Brock are the only players that had decent years, and give the award to Bo.  Brock gets more media attention than anyone, so can't be unsung.

Defence.  Edler.  Injuries and horrible players pretty much hand it to him.

Most exciting.  Brock.  He scores goals, and has zero competition in this category.  

Cyclone Taylor Award - Bo Horvat

The team crumbled with him out of the lineup. No offense, defense or competitiveness. 

Fred J. Hume Award - Derek Dorsett

Not many brghts spots on this team, but Double D is deserving IMO.

Walter "Babe" Pratt Award - Alex Edler

I think Stecher winning last year may have motivated him this year.

Pavel Bure Award - Brock Boeser

Is this really a choice? He brings an aura of a superstar who can score at any moment. 

27 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

This is the first year I had a tough time choosing who to vote for. I feel like both Bo and Brock have been huge for this team (MVP) in different ways. I ultimately voted Brock, but I'm rethinking it. The team tanked when either one of them were out, but Bo seems to be the glue that holds the guys together, on and off the ice.

Unsung hero I don't even know. I just picked Dorse because I like and miss him. Maybe it's just me looking back with nostalgia, but his start to the season really cemented to me what his role was on this team and how important he really was. His impact is missed.

Top D is Edler and it's not even close.

Most exciting has to be Brock. His shot is too flashy not to get attention.

Yeah I agree. I chose Brock for MVP though. Well, when Bo was out, we were losing but still scoring. with Brock out, we are losing and we are not even scoring. 3 straight games with no goals? That doesn't happen with Brock on the roster.

I picked Stecher for unsung. Dorse didn't play the whole season so it's really hard to pick him. 

Yes. Edler is the top D.

Most exciting is also Boeser. Until he was out, I counted the following as equal value win: Canucks beat the other team on the scoreboard or Brock scores a goal. If either of these two happens, I was happy. I'm sure you all were happy too :)

With Brock out and with the tank race on, there is zero way for the fans to feel any satisfaction.

38 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Cyclone Taylor Award (MVP) - Brock Boeser

Fred J. Hume Award (Unsung Hero) - Derek Dorsett

Walter "Babe" Pratt Award (Top Defenceman) - Alex Edler

Pavel Bure Award (Most Exciting Player) - Brock Boeser

Same.

I don't see how Brock is the most exciting. He doesn't do very many things that make me go :frantic: Bo I feel like is more prone to do things that bring me out of my seat. Even Jake I'd say is more exciting than Brock, minus the finish of Boeser. I mean, I guess Brock scores a lot of goals. More than any other players on the roster. That in of itself is worthy of being most exciting. :P  I just think Bo is more exciting. 

31 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Cyclone Taylor Award - Bo Horvat

The team crumbled with him out of the lineup. No offense, defense or competitiveness. 

Fred J. Hume Award - Derek Dorsett

Not many brghts spots on this team, but Double D is deserving IMO.

Walter "Babe" Pratt Award - Alex Edler

I think Stecher winning last year may have motivated him this year.

Pavel Bure Award - Brock Boeser

Is this really a choice? He brings an aura of a superstar who can score at any moment. 

Nice formatting, Ima steal it :P

Cyclone Taylor Award - Brock Boeser

The best offensive player by quite a wide margin. Not terrible defensively either.

Fred J. Hume Award - Brandon Sutter

Great defensive play while only slowing down slightly in his offensive production.

Walter "Babe" Pratt Award - Alex Edler

This was very close for me, as I still think Tanev is extremely valuable, but I think Eddie's strong season just barely puts him ahead of Tanev.

Pavel Bure Award - Brock Boeser

No contest here. This is a landslide.

MVP-Horvat. We were in a playoff spot when he got hurt, when he came back we were 16 points out of one

Unsung- Biega. Has done everything he has been asked to and provides a spark whenever he is in the lineup. Very valuable to organizational culture

DMan- Tanev. We suck significantly more when he isn't in the lineup.

Exciting- Brock. DUH.

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I think Tanev should also be nominated for Unsung Hero.

Me too. I voted for him. Edler gets best D. pretty easily this year in my view, but Tanev deserves some recognition.

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I would say Goldobin should receive a nomination ahead of Leipsic in terms of "most exciting".  However, Brock gets my vote for this one.

It does not really matter who is nominated for most exciting player aside from Boeser. The only way Boeser doesn't win most exciting player is if the Russians are tampering with the voting.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think that the goaltending duo should be up on the Most Exciting Player - every game it was "edge of your seat stuff" to know whether that first shot on goal would go in.    That's exciting stuff!

I stand corrected.  Tonight it was the second shot.

I voted here and on the website!

Cyclone Taylor Award (MVP) - Brock Boeser

Fred J. Hume Award (Unsung Hero) - Alex Edler

Walter "Babe" Pratt Award (Top Defenceman) - Alex Edler

Pavel Bure Award (Most Exciting Player) - Brock Boeser

Brock has been our best and most exciting player!  Alex deserves credit for having his best season in a very long time. He has clearly outplayed all our other D and has helped manage the pain during Tanev's previous injuries.  (Until the forwards started dropping).  Alex has also stayed really healthy over the season.  Props to him.  Special shoutout to Derrick but he does not fit the Unsung hero definition for me.  If he managed to play 3/4's of the season maybe.  Perhaps we need a Derrick Dorsett award for most "dedication and perseverance".  Tanev would be in the conversation for that award this year. 

Archived