The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bring back Gully?

luckylager

Gully come back?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, b3. said:

I can’t remember, but Gully took care of the blue line when he was here?

Think gully was in charge of the power play. Doug Jarvis was the defensive guy.

Lets give this coaching staff another year before we bring out the lynch mob..

stecher and Pouliot showed progress in the right direction. Edler had a pretty good year. 

The team is just not good. No coach is going to change that. Only time and good drafting / development will

7 hours ago, luckylager said:

Uhhhhh, Canucks never fired Gully. He was offered a HC job in Cowturdy and took it. At least that's how I remember it.

He's a good coach. Canucks alumni should be getting moved out to bring him in. Baumer ain't so good back there 

Wasn't he head coach in Dallas as well? Not sold on GG, I don't recall what he did well with this team. Stay the course, it's a process. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Crawford or AV, sure. Gully, no!

Hell, give Torts a second shot!

BUT ...

We've got to protect our Green! 

Don't push me! ;)

Seeing Crow get another head coaching gig would be fun.

11 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Eh, no point in really bringing him back. I thought he was the offensive/powerplay guy during some of our most abysmal years in both categories. Stick with Newell Brown. 

Browns powerplay has been a disaster. We should be looking for any improvements

12 hours ago, luckylager said:

Brown didn't turn the corner until Vanek told him how to set up a PP, with Boeser and the twins. Our second unit set up was tragic even after the "Vanek Lesson" 

I'm more keen on him taking Baumers job anyways, and collaborating with the rest of the staff.

If thats the case then bring Vanek back as a Coach.. sounds like he has the lineage and dimeanor for it.

Bringing back GG is the living proof of this club taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If thats the case then bring Vanek back as a Coach.. sounds like he has the lineage and dimeanor for it.

Bringing back GG is the living proof of this club taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards.

Two great points. My only argument is that we didn't take any steps forward.

I will admit it's not the greatest of ideas, just wasn't impressed by Baumer. It could be the roster, but man oh man our D was a hot mess

12 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Two great points. My only argument is that we didn't take any steps forward.

I will admit it's not the greatest of ideas, just wasn't impressed by Baumer. It could be the roster, but man oh man our D was a hot mess

Victims of circumstance on D..  Edler hard to find his game, Gudbranson playing through an injury that truly effected his physical game, he was protective of it, and should have been.   ... and our weak LINK in all of it, Tanev, again lost for half a season.  The loss of an above average player, in any pairing, greatly effects the rotation and line up.. half seasons hurt.

i thought our best D man was Stetcher, our best pairing Edler and Gudbranson, and again the more un sung of heroes, Biegga.

28 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Browns powerplay has been a disaster.

You cannot be serious.  Our PP got as high as 5th and was top 10 most of the year and finished 9th.  With the talent and injuries on this team I'd say Newell Brown deserves a Jack Adams for his work on the PP.  Just as a comparison Edmonton finished last even with all the firepower they had.

Archived