The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

this was a brutal week . chicago   off ...crawford 5 straight losses ...toews off 

should have used georgiev as starter for tonight . but there are also other players who dropped scoring this week

i m sure there will be better times again  .....but for now bosten and buffalo passed the habs ...and i can smell the leafs coming up 

• Cheers 2

Simon - 15GP - 4G - 6A - 10P

Andersson - 14GP - 4G - 8A - 12P

Grundstrom - 10GP - 5G - 6A - 11P

T.Smith - 23GP - 2G - 23A - 25P

Tippett - 13GP - 11G - 7A - 18P

Sokolov - 21GP - 14G - 11A - 25P

(Hoping a team takes a flyer on him for his second year in draft)

Notable prospects in their respective leagues. Puljujarvi stays disappointing.

• Upvote 1

signing201819_php.jpg.085e4b22f41a07bb6e2e2668fb28c135.jpg

On behalf of @D-Money Columbus has signed Ty Lewis for 3 Years, $950K AAV.

On behalf of @Nail the Islanders have signed Benjamin Gleason for 3 years, $700K AAV.

On behalf of @Baer. Minnesota have signed:

Magnus Paajarvi for 1 year, $2M

Egor Yakovlev for 1 year, $1M

Edited by Master Mind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

On behalf of @D-Money Columbus has signed Ty Lewis for 3 Years, $950K AAV.

Columbus is happy to add Ty to the fold. He had a great camp, and has had a nice start to his pro career in the AHL. And his play style should score well in this league.

2d6p5s8.jpg

The Minnesota Wild have placed Anthony Peluso on waivers. Unless claimed, he will clear in 48 hours.

The Montreal Canadiens have placed Aaron Ness on waivers. Unless claimed, he will clear in 48 hours.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@thejazz97 @Master Mind, regarding sign and trades.

I signed Nordstrom to a 1 year, league minimum deal on July 1. Essentially that means, I was the only team to make him an offer, meaning he had no choice on which team to sign with. Also important, my team doing a lot worse than expected; playoffs aren’t happening. In a RL situation like this, almost every player would be fine/happy with being traded since this isn’t their team of choice, and they aren’t making the playoffs.

So, can I trade him without punishment?

Not that he’s available, I’m just making sure I understand the limits of sign and trades. 

11 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I signed Nordstrom to a 1 year, league minimum deal on July 1. Essentially that means, I was the only team to make him an offer, meaning he had no choice on which team to sign with. Also important, my team doing a lot worse than expected; playoffs aren’t happening. In a RL situation like this, almost every player would be fine/happy with being traded since this isn’t their team of choice, and they aren’t making the playoffs.

Not that he’s available, I’m just making sure I understand the limits of sign and trades. 

There's no hard limits, as it's a case by case basis. A month in for a depth player on a 1 yr deal is perfectly fine.

The bigger the name/contract, the longer to wait. Teams can always PM us about specific players if they're worried.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:51 PM, Master Mind said:

There's no hard limits, as it's a case by case basis. A month in for a depth player on a 1 yr deal is perfectly fine.

The bigger the name/contract, the longer to wait. Teams can always PM us about specific players if they're worried.

Just a suggestion? (And I think your on it?)

Teams simply need to make room in their organization in line with the role they pitched to a free agent. In Arts case, signing young guys to develop seemed a natural position a player would have wanted to be in. And players also need to live up to that role.  

As for when they are ''eligible'' to be traded? I agree again, no hard and fast rule. If Art signed 10 guys (cant recall the actual number) and 8 were still with him next year, that might really be the best way to evaluate. Then that would be fine. Just sort of drum a look at that stuff up July 1 in deciding. Continuity as a whole? I don't know why a free agent would sign with a team that constantly churns its whole line up.  Would look favorably on teams that back their players. Say Carolina? And on teams, say Columbus, or Florida (just an example) that have made a few more moves? But that were strategically successful. But just as fairly, a prospect UFA may nod against a team that had been burying players. LOL, which could be Columbus again (we'll see how it plays out) who advertised trading for a player before their waivers kicked in so they could be buried till play off's. The old SV probably a better example, but lots of prospects signed with him. That is perfectly fine practice trade wise? But why would young players sign there next summer. 

I really liked that some prospects signed with Art last year. 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:21 AM, Art Vandelay said:

• Upvote 1

Couple weeks left in a saga that might determine whether we are buyers or sellers this year?  Internally, scalpers have been hitting up GM Canuck Surfer for Willie Nylander almost weekly.  But we have never had the intention of trading Nylander says Surfer.

There were offers that blew our socks off at the end of summer. Which have dried up. ''But we would have taken them then if we wanted to set ourselves back a few years!''

Stay tuned for very little in a hurry. We like WN.  It just may alter how we approach the rest of the year!

image.png.4e26d43f5f048a3ec701161d3c1ea21a.png 

• Upvote 1