The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

SuperJr

All the experts talk about how good Hughes is at his offensive game, but what gets often overlooked is his defence. He uses his body *extremely* well, and that helps offset his diminutive size at least somewhat. He is also very young, and though he will never be a big guy in any context, he will likely get noticably stronger. This will allow him and his creativity to work his magic in tight better than he does now. Just something added to his arsenal down the road.

What a gem, and easily the most talented defenseman we have ever had. This is been a good couple years for high end blueliners. If it wasn't so, there would be a ton of focus put on Quinn. That's a good thing.

As I said several posts ago, time will tell how these guys all turn out, but at the end of the day, we got the guy WE needed.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kloubek said:

All the experts talk about how good Hughes is at his offensive game, but what gets often overlooked is his defence. He uses his body *extremely* well, and that helps offset his diminutive size at least somewhat. He is also very young, and though he will never be a big guy in any context, he will likely get noticably stronger. This will allow him and his creativity to work his magic in tight better than he does now. Just something added to his arsenal down the road.

What a gem, and easily the most talented defenseman we have ever had. This is been a good couple years for high end blueliners. If it wasn't so, there would be a ton of focus put on Quinn. That's a good thing.

As I said several posts ago, time will tell how these guys all turn out, but at the end of the day, we got the guy WE needed.

THE TEAMS WHO DRATED 1 to 6 ALL WANT NOW. 

FIFY.  

On 7/12/2018 at 1:34 PM, shayster007 said:

Everything makes Dahlin better the Hughes. He is just superior in every mesaureable. Hughes is a fantastic talent and could be our first true number 1 D, but Dahlin has just as likely of a chance of being the NHLs number one D.

I wouldn't trade Q. Hughes for any D in this league.

I think he is the best already at 19 years old.

Yes better than Dahlin to.
That's what I've seen with my own eyes. 

Q. Hughes > Dahlin.

:canucks:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Q. Hughes > Dahlin.

Stats back up your eyes too.  Quinn is way better than Dahlin.  

• Cheers 2

On 2/15/2020 at 10:43 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Same with Petey, he got him at #5 and he is without a doubt the best player in his draft.

sure pump your own tires

no bias in your posting about ep40

i need a couple more years of petey playing regularly

to see if he continues to outperform

makar

there is still some possibility that makar proves to be the best player from that draft

there is some speculation jb would have taken makar over ep40 if that were possible in that draft

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

sure pump your own tires

no bias in your posting about ep40

i need a couple more years of petey playing regularly

to see if he continues to outperform

makar

there is still some possibility that makar proves to be the best player from that draft

there is some speculation jb would have taken makar over ep40 if that were possible in that draft

Makar is not even close to me. My buddy Huggy Bear is also much better player than Makar. Trust me...  :)

• Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Q. Hughes > Dahlin.

Weird thing to do, quote a message from 2 years ago. My statement is still 100% true. Hughes is an incredible talent, but Dahlin is still the one D prospect in the league that is better.

Edited by shayster007
  • Upvote 3

At this point in time, I would take Hughes over Dahlin.  

Because of Hughes' outstanding skating skills, he covers as much ice, if not more than Dahlin. So despite being smaller, Hughes' defensive coverage through all zones of the ice is on par with Dahlin.  I haven't seen much from Dahlin on the physical side of the game (if others have seen more of him, please say so), so I don't see any distinct advantage to Dahlin being bigger than Hughes.

Hughes drives the play offensively more than Dahlin.  I haven't studied the advanced stats, but the eye test says that Hughes drives offensive play better than even our own Elias Pettersson.

Those are my reasons why I would take Hughes over Dahlin, even though I have a greater affinity for big and mobile d-men.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

One is a generational player. Really no comparison at all. Like comparing Gretzky to Bure. I would take either in a heartbeat and not be disappointed, but one is definitely on another level than the other.  

Hughes proving he’s way better than Dahlin is why that Sabre fan guy left our forum.  At least the Sabres can take solace with having that stud Middlestadt.  :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On the QH thread I made a post stating that they have really similar production even though Dahlin is on a worse team. I also state the differences in both players and why I think Dahlin is much more valued and has more potential.

Personally I'd take Dahlin which is no slight to Hughes. Both are amazing defenseman though that every other team wish they had.

A little premature to determine who will be the better player.  Obviously, right now, Hughes is looking like the better player, but they haven't even finished their rookie season yet.

Remember Vladimir Malakhov?  He outperformed all other rookie defensemen in his rookie year as well, including Scott Neidermayer.  Who would you say was the better defensemen?

I am a huge Hughes fan, but that doesn't mean that Dahlin, or Makar, won't end up having better careers, or turn out to be better rear guards.

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2020 at 3:04 PM, CoolCanucklehead said:

Q. Hughes > Dahlin.

my instincts are to tell you to pump your breaks in the name of objectivity, but if I'm honest, I can't remember seeing another defenceman in the league this year that affected his team's play more than hughes does. 

if he's not the best defenceman in the nhl, he might be the most impactful.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tas said:

my instincts are to tell you to pump your breaks in the name of objectivity, but if I'm honest, I can't remember seeing another defenceman in the league this year that affected his team's play more than hughes does. 

if he's not the best defenceman in the nhl, he might be the most impactful.

Quinn Hughes controls the game.  Dahlin doesn’t.  Maybe that’s due to Quinn’s incredible skating, puck skills, hockey sense, and calmness; all traits that Dahlin has, but not at the elite level like Quinn? 

• Cheers 1