The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

2 hours ago, billabong said:

Sutter has only played in 57% of the games since the start of 15-16 season

how pathetic is that

so done with this guy. Get what you can and cut your losses.

biggest asset the Canucks could gain in a sutter trade is shipping out his entire 4.375m cap hit 

Sure wish i could show up to work 50% of the time and collect 4 mil a year?....Man what a union!

10 hours ago, billabong said:

how pathetic is that

biggest asset the Canucks could gain in a sutter trade is shipping out his entire 4.375m cap hit 

It's been so much it seems like he's been out more than in. I totally agree, I've had it up to my f-ing eyeballs with this guy. He was some kind of an iron man before he came here and then as soon as he comes here its one major injury after another. Ridiculous. Just get this f-ing guy out of here. Him and Eriksson. I would take back Megna and Chaput just to get rid of those two.

Sutter has negative value.  Going to be hard to move him without giving something up.

Moving him to a playoff team would have been nice (if we could have) but its tough when there is a 60-70 percent chance he will be injured at the deadline.  Also, not many teams want a guy made of paper mache for a deep playoff run.

Accept the loss and move on, I suppose.

5 hours ago, amitriptyline said:

It's been so much it seems like he's been out more than in. I totally agree, I've had it up to my f-ing eyeballs with this guy. He was some kind of an iron man before he came here and then as soon as he comes here its one major injury after another. Ridiculous. Just get this f-ing guy out of here. Him and Eriksson. I would take back Megna and Chaput just to get rid of those two.

You bite your tongue mister, I just got over the trauma of having those two on our team as well as getting the WD flinch out of my head. :lol:

It will be virtually impossible to trade Sutter at this point.  Same with Eriksson.  Baertschi might have to go on LTIR for a year so at the very least he wouldn't be taking up a roster spot for next year.

With Spooner and Schaller still having a year left on their contracts it looks like another year of bottom feeding to me.  Until we clear the deck with the likes of Eriksson, Sutter, Spooner, Schaller, Baertschi and Tanev I don't see us progressing at all.  That's $23.5 million in cap space for those 6 players and all of them will be either in Utica next year, in the press box or most likely injured.

Fortunately all of those contracts except Eriksson will be off the books in 2 years.  Eriksson will have one year left at that time so he can just be bought out.  So I think it's 2 more years of getting the young guys integrated into the lineup and then in the 2021-22 season is probably where we will be able to compete and have all of our young players in the lineup and all the bad contracts off the roster.  This summer maybe we can look at going after someone on defence like Tyler Myers as we will have room at the back end to fill a spot or two.  Up front there is just too much deadweight and too many contracts so I don't see us going after a forward in free agency unless JB can pull off a miracle and get some of those bad contracts off the books.

18 hours ago, billabong said:

how pathetic is that

Baertschi will have played 212 of a possible 328 games since 2015-16, so he's at 64%.  Tanev will be at 66% if he misses the rest of the year.

21 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I feel like we should keep him at least for next year. He has negative value. If we were to trade him we'd have ti give up am asset. 

If we were to buy him out we would carry a 2.1875 caphit for 4 years. 

I say we keep him for 1 more year (he only plays 38 games average anyway). He and gaudette can split the role. After next year we buy him out or trade him if he rebounds.

Just my $.02

This ^

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Baertschi will have played 212 of a possible 328 games since 2015-16, so he's at 64%.  Tanev will be at 66% if he misses the rest of the year.

Those stats are horrible, got to try and look to move Sutter and Tanev at the draft or EARLY in the season when they Might still be healthy.

Archived