The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 19, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Serious? He got in like 5 punches after the refs stepped in and Tanev was already on the ice (can clearly see how pissed off Tanev was because of this). He is a gutless puke with a reputation for either jumping guys before they can even take their gloves off or still going after the refs jump in. 

True but it did Seem to inject life into the team.

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Markstrom may not be the worst in the league but there is no denying he is in the bottom five or six. 

For me though, his worst fault is he seems to have his worst brainfart attempts when it is likely to kill us most. I can hardly watch him now, I find myself turning away. 

Surely there must be a "decent" (yes I'll settle for that) goalie we could get from the KHL.

We are strapping anvils on the backs of these youngsters every f----g night. Come on JB do something about it!

A note on Roussel - He's a classless POS we don't need.

Really? He picks on a team mate's young brother and pummels him when he is held by the ref. I know what I would be doing next practice if I was CT and it wouldn't be buying Roussel breakfast.

Ya I didn’t like the roussel show but oddly enough the team seemed to get going there after.

it seems the Canucks can’t get that next level guy in the toughness department.  Roussel is definitely a bit of a poser.

7 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Got to give the team credit considering how much we are missing key players.  They were very close to tying it up.  

Very frustrated with Marky. I yelled at him to get back in his net but he didn’t listen.  You could just see what was going to happen. Can’t give up that goal against a team like the Jets. 

Petey is so smart.  He can control the play at his young age.  ...just amazing.  Loved him winning a puck battle against Laine in the 3rd.  

Hutty with 2 saves on an empty net shows we weren’t giving up. 

Jake looks like a different person this season. He looks like he is finally getting it.  Much more sure of himself

Poo wasn’t very noticeable tonight in a good way. 

Not upset with the loss at all, just disappointed for the team.   

Can’t wait for Brock to return.  Him missing from the team is huge. 

Did you yell at him on TV or at Rogers Arena??

Either way, it's not gonna work...  try the PA announcer next time to help him out!! "Yo Marky...  don't do this!!!"

37 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Ya I didn’t like the roussel show but oddly enough the team seemed to get going there after.

it seems the Canucks can’t get that next level guy in the toughness department.  Roussel is definitely a bit of a poser.

It makes you appreciate Dorsett more. The guy should get some kind of honour for the way he put it out there every night ev en when his neck must have been killing him.

Uhhmmm, rebuilding. Should start making a list of keepers.

In the playoffs a team has to win 16 games and may play as many as 24. Still 4 or 5 years away at this rate from being a serious contender for the cup and size matters some of the pygmies just are not very effective against bigger players.

EP is learning and even in a game that one sided was a player to watch, Jake looked pretty good with the extra icetime.

:whip: 

9 hours ago, Darius said:

Rather see the jets do well than the coil, lames or laffs. 

Growing pains.. Winnipeg was not very good for a good number of years , no outright bottom finishes but good drafting and a lotto win really helped them.( ie they really didn’t have to outright tank) 

canucks will do ok. March and January feature an inordinate amount of home games. Couple that with a healthier roster and they will be better than they have shown during this brutal stretch. 

More like Winnipeg was never good going back to when they joined the league as Atlanta trasher

I like Roussel, that “show” was a direct result of him (tanev) cross checking and hacking at virtanen after a clean hit. But yeah what a POS standing up for a team mate. 

Then the same people whine nobody steps up to protect the kids or skilled guys.hes an agitator and a checking forward that’ll fight. 

Maybe tennis is a better sport for some of the posters on here who seem to dislike or even be offended with a little heated anamosity. 

Finally we have a guy that answer all the cheap Cr.p and some fans on here are offended. I guess they rather see Megna shampoo and other skate around and achieve nothing. 

gags and poliout had good games reduced ice time make pouliot more effective. 

Ep virtanen and Horvat and goldobin had solid outings once again. Motte has his best game, 

35 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Uhhmmm, rebuilding. Should start making a list of keepers.

In the playoffs a team has to win 16 games and may play as many as 24. Still 4 or 5 years away at this rate from being a serious contender for the cup and size matters some of the pygmies just are not very effective against bigger players.

EP is learning and even in a game that one sided was a player to watch, Jake looked pretty good with the extra icetime.

:whip: 

Wouldn't 28 be the max?  

I really like JV this year, and hope he can keep it up for the whole season. 

We really do lack defensemen that can jump into the play and control the play. Having a dangerous shot also helps open down low plays.

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

What a message for Archie. When we needed size and pushback he only gets 2 minutes.... 

I think the message for Archie is that he's not fast enough and is a temporary solution to lack of bodies. He has no long-term place in the Canuck rebuilding plans, and should be ready to head back to Utica now that Gagner has been recalled.

Archived