The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 19, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

Losing is awful... Please make it stop? When do Brock edler and Nilly return? 

Edler and Brock are most likely joining the team on the California road trip. Beagle returns in December. Baertschi in December as well. Sutter sounds like he could be out for longer than anticipated. Nilsson probably another few weeks.

When there was the height of pressure, a pile up in front of the Winnipeg net players banging away at the puck, bodies everywhere and it squirts out to Tanev in the slot , I was on my feet ,sure we were about to tie the game. 

I then swore at the TV for the next 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Maybe we should have signed Bieksa and played him in Roussel's position - he couldn't be any worse.

I think he has been good for us on the forecheck.  Keeps the pace high.

i just don’t like incidents like last night and other moments where he is tried to sucker players into a shot but then falls to the ice immediately....just not my thing...

33 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Edler and Brock are most likely joining the team on the California road trip. Beagle returns in December. Baertschi in December as well. Sutter sounds like he could be out for longer than anticipated. Nilsson probably another few weeks.

Jose Christo, we need him back faster than that. Marky is in over his head, I can't see how he continues without injuring himself as well. 

So how many games have canucks given up 5 or more goals this season? Sure the goalie need to shoulder some blame but it can’t all be the goalie when you are giving up 5+ in so many games. Like it or not Edler is more important than tanev on that defense. Right now without edler on defense tanev is on pace to have his worse statistical career ever on pace for -28 and only 13 points in a 82 game season. 

54 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Score actually flattered the Canucks.  meh, you'll get games like this in a long season. 

Meh..... could easily have had 1 or two more with the post...especially the puck sliding along the line.

Yeah Marky had a lot of great saves, but don't think 6-3 flattered Canucks.

52 minutes ago, Tyndall2 said:

Too bad Tanev doesn't play with the same piss and vinegar that his brother does.  No backing down with that kid.  I missed the penalties for that fight with Rousel.  Why did he end up with 17 minutes overall?

2 for slashing

5 for fighting

10 min misconduct for continuing to punch him when he was already down

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Roussel shouldn't be the only player providing it. Why Gudbranson isn't providing that is beyond me. I'm hoping he does soon, as he puts a little more fear into players than Roussel.

I've seen Guddy get in the face of a few guys, but no one will drop the gloves with him after Hamonic it seems...don't blame them lol. 

8 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I've seen Guddy get in the face of a few guys, but no one will drop the gloves with him after Hamonic it seems...don't blame them lol. 

Definitely not.

Outside of Byfuglien and Lucic, Gudbranson is one of the more feared players in the league. That being said, I'd like to see him up the overall physicality in his game, as it seems to have waned in the last bit of the season. It's good that the Canucks have more than one option when it comes to supporting and protecting the youth though.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Definitely not.

Outside of Byfuglien and Lucic, Gudbranson is one of the more feared players in the league. That being said, I'd like to see him up the overall physicality in his game, as it seems to have waned in the last bit of the season. It's good that the Canucks have more than one option when it comes to supporting and protecting the youth though.

It does seem he's trying to produce more offence than laying crushing hits. That 5 game point streak probably got him on this track he's been on. Aside from last nights game I still really like how he has played this year. But ya, would be sweet to see him crush some more guys with regularity. We need that from him!

10 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

At least Talbot had one full season of looking good. Markstrom can't even manage a week long run of not looking like a AHL goalie.

Where would you find his replacement? Everyone knows he's not starter material but good goalies are scarce nowadays. Just look at how high-scoring the league has been so far this season. 

5 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

It does seem he's trying to produce more offence than laying crushing hits. That 5 game point streak probably got him on this track he's been on. Aside from last nights game I still really like how he has played this year. But ya, would be sweet to see him crush some more guys with regularity. We need that from him!

Hopefully Green can get him to where he's providing that perfect balance of increased point production and offense combined with solid defense and physicality.

9 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

That's one thing I'm liking. Our D is jumping up more into the play. Too bad most of them aren't offensively gifted.

Archived