The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 19, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

with all the losing when does green's job become a topic of discussion? He is getting a pass due to injuries.  Plenty of good coaches available now.  

What would the point be to fire Green right now? Would it make the Canucks a better team? Notice that the losing has happened whilst the team has six roster players on the IR.

Who would the Canucks get? Quennville doesn't want to coach a rebuilding team. Yeo and McLellan were just fired and aren't exactly highly sought after.

To fire Green would be a huge mistake. He's proving to be an excellent coach. If the Canucks were to let him go, that would be five coaches in less than a decade. The optics of that would be disastrous.

Hutton and Gudbranson got wrecked yesterday.

From HFBoards:

Sure you can spread the blame around a little, but look at these numbers with Gudbranson on the ice vs. on the bench; they're unimaginably bad:

Gudbranson on the ice 5-on-5:

Goals: 0 GF; 4 GA
Shots: 6 for; 26 against
Scoring chances: 3 for; 24 against

Gudbranson on the bench 5-on-5:

Goals: 1 GF; 0 GA
Shots: 15 for; 10 against
Scoring chances: 20 for; 6 against

The guy was an absolute train wreck. And he only started his shift in the defensive zone twice all night, so it's not like he was getting buried in impossible minutes.

36 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Hutton and Gudbranson got wrecked yesterday.

From HFBoards:

These ugly stats are on point to how Gudbranson has been playing lately and when you have a team full of fast strong skilled players like last night facing the healthy Jets he was completely in over his head.

Fact is when you play the top teams in the league your weak links get exposed and Gudbranson really stood out bad defensively but our forwards weak play was equally responsible and quite a few of them looked like the players they really are and showed the weak aspects to their game.

Here's a few players I see that really don't bring enough to the table most nights and when up against the better teams get shown up and a reason why the team will struggle when playing any better teams especially.

-Schaller is a 4th line player at best does some average penalty kill work somewhat replacing Sutter and Beagle but nowhere near as good as either. Schaller hasn't been getting any goals like I'd hoped, not physical or laying out body checks or fighting as I'd hoped and looks like he'll never score a goal not to impressed with his play at all.

-Gudbranson just doesn't have the speed or mobility needed to face most top forwards so he especially needs to be on top of his reads and angles and because of this and if he isn't it can be a very bad night like it was last night. 

-Archibald is an AHL player not NHL calibar. Far too slow he's always just a step behind plays a lot like Scaller but is a bit slower than him that's the only difference. Like Schaller not physical enough most nights and should be more engaged.

- Granlund too slow lacks speed needed and soft overall gets exposed in many situations throughout the season but has some skill that keeps him around.

- Pouliot too slow to react, not a lot of speed gets burnt quite often because of it, bad decision making and positioning gets him in trouble quite often really not NHL calibar at all should be in Utica trying to improve his overall game.

-Del Zotto almost the same as Pouliots deficincies but can be physical and does read the play well at times so at least he brings something to the table.

There's some other players with some deficincies but they do enough things well so imo they're fine they're earning their spot and players that you can win with.

To me what's happening with all the injuries to our better players it puts other players in situations In over their heads and really exposes them because it's usually all our better players carrying them throughout the season keeping them from being exposed.

Until this team gets the good players back we're going to see these players struggle to keep pace but when they do return the team the great thing is they will completely turn this around and start winning more than the lose and climb back up the standings there's no doubt in my mind.

I'm definitely not panicking its injuries and horrible puck luck and some bad reffing thats killing this team right now the team is definitely going to go back to entertaining us and winning a high % of their games!

9 minutes ago, oldnews said:

just went to watch this game on pvr and.....it's the Penguins v Sabres?

on SNP?

for real?

are you fn kidding me?

did you  also pvr world sreies games that were listed as Canuck games?

I did 3 times 

I tink SNP is the chosen channel to be pre-empted without notice 

sometimes SNP  in conjunction with telus will not allow PVRing

25 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

These ugly stats are on point to how Gudbranson has been playing lately and when you have a team full of fast strong skilled players like last night facing the healthy Jets he was completely in over his head.

Fact is when you play the top teams in the league your weak links get exposed and Gudbranson really stood out bad defensively but our forwards weak play was equally responsible and quite a few of them looked like the players they really are and showed the weak aspects to their game.

Here's a few players I see that really don't bring enough to the table most nights and when up against the better teams get shown up and a reason why the team will struggle when playing any better teams especially.

-Schaller is a 4th line player at best does some average penalty kill work somewhat replacing Sutter and Beagle but nowhere near as good as either. Schaller hasn't been getting any goals like I'd hoped, not physical or laying out body checks or fighting as I'd hoped and looks like he'll never score a goal not to impressed with his play at all.

-Gudbranson just doesn't have the speed or mobility needed to face most top forwards so he especially needs to be on top of his reads and angles and because of this and if he isn't it can be a very bad night like it was last night. 

-Archibald is an AHL player not NHL calibar. Far too slow he's always just a step behind plays a lot like Scaller but is a bit slower than him that's the only difference. Like Schaller not physical enough most nights and should be more engaged.

- Granlund too slow lacks speed needed and soft overall gets exposed in many situations throughout the season but has some skill that keeps him around.

- Pouliot too slow to react, not a lot of speed gets burnt quite often because of it, bad decision making and positioning gets him in trouble quite often really not NHL calibar at all should be in Utica trying to improve his overall game.

-Del Zotto almost the same as Pouliots deficincies but can be physical and does read the play well at times so at least he brings something to the table.

There's some other players with some deficincies but they do enough things well so imo they're fine they're earning their spot and players that you can win with.

To me what's happening with all the injuries to our better players it puts other players in situations In over their heads and really exposes them because it's usually all our better players carrying them throughout the season keeping them from being exposed.

Until this team gets the good players back we're going to see these players struggle to keep pace but when they do return the team the great thing is they will completely turn this around and start winning more than the lose and climb back up the standings there's no doubt in my mind.

I'm definitely not panicking its injuries and horrible puck luck and some bad reffing thats killing this team right now the team is definitely going to go back to entertaining us and winning a high % of their games!

A lot of problems stem from the system and I keep saying it, size. Stecher again was fighting for all he was worth and the Winnipeg player just pushed him to the front of the net, he should have received a 4 min penalty for high sticking but there are tons  of stick infractions and interference because most of the team is out battled by larger players.

Guddy isn't suited to a game where there are rovers, over pursuit in an effort to speed up an opposition pass or play, Hutton can barely manage but most of the defence are out of traditional positions on goals or just can't move players.

The system adds excitement and exposes deficiencies to be corrected, a steep earning curve and a method of culling 

5 minutes ago, lmm said:

did you  also pvr world sreies games that were listed as Canuck games?

I did 3 times 

I tink SNP is the chosen channel to be pre-empted without notice 

sometimes SNP  in conjunction with telus will not allow PVRing

I'm pissed.  They suck.  They're about to receive some 'hate' (e)mail.

1 minute ago, TheGuardian_ said:

A lot of problems stem from the system and I keep saying it, size. Stecher again was fighting for all he was worth and the Winnipeg player just pushed him to the front of the net, he should have received a 4 min penalty for high sticking but there are tons  of stick infractions and interference because most of the team is out battled by larger players.

Guddy isn't suited to a game where there are rovers, over pursuit in an effort to speed up an opposition pass or play, Hutton can barely manage but most of the defence are out of traditional positions on goals or just can't move players.

The system adds excitement

I agree that the Canucks' lack of size and strength in the line-up was on display last night.  The team's more skilled and, when healthy, their improved speed and skill will keep them competitive.  The Jets are a very tough opponent though given their size, strength and speed, and it showed last night. 

The Canucks deserve credit for bouncing back after a terrible start and bringing the game to within 1-goal.  They were outclassed but I do bear in mind that the team is still missing a lot of pieces.  Beagle and Sutter would have been much tougher opposition for the Jets players from a physical standpoint, and Edler can play a strong physical game as well.  I'm not sure if the Canucks would have won the game, but it might have been more even.

30 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Image result for av laughing gif

1 minute ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I agree that the Canucks' lack of size and strength in the line-up was on display last night.  The team's more skilled and, when healthy, their improved speed and skill will keep them competitive.  The Jets are a very tough opponent though given their size, strength and speed, and it showed last night. 

The Canucks deserve credit for bouncing back after a terrible start and bringing the game to within 1-goal.  They were outclassed but I do bear in mind that the team is still missing a lot of pieces.  Beagle and Sutter would have been much tougher opposition for the Jets players from a physical standpoint, and Edler can play a strong physical game as well.  I'm not sure if the Canucks would have won the game, but it might have been more even.

Guddy provides a far more effective physical game than any other player on the team. Not sure where it went recently.

2 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Meh, they are rebuilding so losing is not a huge deal, the use of a rover keeps the game fast. Now if in 2020 they are still like this then;

:iconexplodelaplz:     management and coaches

Archived