The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A dingo took ma baby! (real)

Canuck Surfer

39 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I hope he was grillin' some shrimp on the barby and drinkin' a VB after he got his kid back, mate.

Next up - Bullfrogs are renamed "chazwazzers".

Fair dinkums! good on ya mate,  them bogans out on walk about best be watchin on them ankle biters better if their having a piss up out woop woop.

7 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Slap that dingo in the face!

PS: fake fu**ing news!!

Kid got a broken skull. And teeth puncture wounds on his neck. Air lifted by helicopter ambulance to Brisbane. 

Lucky to be alive...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/apr/19/toddler-rescued-after-dingo-drags-him-from-fraser-island-campsite

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-19/queensland-toddler-attacked-by-dingoes-on-fraser-island/11031828

18 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

crazy, though...Aus is a scary country when it comes to wildlife.

Yeah... Brits went and sent a bunch of prisoners there, messing with the quality of the human population, and it seems to be nature's dumping ground for especially nasty critters.

During a brief stint in Taipei, I worked with a guy from the Adelaide area.  Some of the things he was telling me about snakes, and spiders that can bite through your shoes is just nuts.

3 hours ago, Kragar said:

Yeah... Brits went and sent a bunch of prisoners there, messing with the quality of the human population, and it seems to be nature's dumping ground for especially nasty critters.

During a brief stint in Taipei, I worked with a guy from the Adelaide area.  Some of the things he was telling me about snakes, and spiders that can bite through your shoes is just nuts.

I just came back from Australia, and I went to a few places.

Take Sydney it is essentially like Vancouver, but in the Southern Hemisphere.  

The amount of urban wildlife I saw I have never seen before.. they literally have giant rat like creatures who climb trees at night and make loud growling noises.

I think they're called wombats. Almost like our racoons. 

And then have these just wondering around in urban areas. 

Australian%20White%20Ibis.jpg

1 hour ago, drummer4now said:

I just came back from Australia, and I went to a few places.

Take Sydney it is essentially like Vancouver, but in the Southern Hemisphere.  

The amount of urban wildlife I saw I have never seen before.. they literally have giant rat like creatures who climb trees at night and make loud growling noises.

I think they're called wombats. Almost like our racoons. 

And then have these just wondering around in urban areas. 

Cool... that would be nice to see.  I've seen wombats at the zoo... sounds about right.

Should get there someday... lots of places on the bucket list, and too many 1st world crises to deal with in the meantime.

Archived