The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Final  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2019 at 12:00 AM

5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No other "mascot" was used in same manner.   No offense but as a 'Canes fan, few would find that works in compare to the other animals used for the other teams.   

I just find whether is be the media or even the Don Cherrys of the world, hard for them to get respect.   They are a good hockey organization and proved this year they are an up and coming team.

Its geography and jealousy for me Zepp. I've come around on the Canes and enjoy the way they play and the fans enthusiasm. I love the way Rod played the game and his candour with the media. I'm jealous of their cup. But ya, they are good for the NHL. 

I hadn't visited my Canucks friends here in awhile, so I wanted to check in to get your take on the Blues Cup win.  I'm thrilled to see you all enjoyed it as much as we did here in St. Louis.  I've always been a firm believer that hockey is Canada's game and I think the Blues proved that by winning as the most Canadian team in the league (and proud of it).

Two of the things Canucks fans and Blues fans have always had in common is never winning a Cup and hating the Bruins.  Now that the Blues have won the Cup and we shared in enjoying the Bruins loss...at home...because of a huge Marchand FAIL, I hope the Canucks are the next team to win end their streak and join the St. Louis Blues as first time Stanley Cup champions!

As a bonus, here is Larry Robinson at the Blues rally flipping off Boston:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZvPabVWjCw

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tomhunter8 said:

I hadn't visited my Canucks friends here in awhile, so I wanted to check in to get your take on the Blues Cup win.  I'm thrilled to see you all enjoyed it as much as we did here in St. Louis.  I've always been a firm believer that hockey is Canada's game and I think the Blues proved that by winning as the most Canadian team in the league (and proud of it).

Two of the things Canucks fans and Blues fans have always had in common is never winning a Cup and hating the Bruins.  Now that the Blues have won the Cup and we shared in enjoying the Bruins loss...at home...because of a huge Marchand FAIL, I hope the Canucks are the next team to win end their streak and join the St. Louis Blues as first time Stanley Cup champions!

As a bonus, here is Larry Robinson at the Blues rally flipping off Boston:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZvPabVWjCw

I didn’t know we had a St. Louis fan.  Robinson was great.  I bet he has a deep seeded hate for the Bruins, as many of us do.  (Hate the Leafs :sick: more though)

Enjoy the good feeling.  You guys are Cup Champions!  

1460EE63-B420-44CD-B3F7-F9AF52A63D1B.jpeg

As the St. Louis Blues celebrated their first Stanley Cup win in franchise history, a tiny Alberta town also had reason to cheer.

Calahoo, Alta., a small community 50 kilometres northwest of Edmonton, has just 85 people and one arena, but is the proud home of Blues’ interim head coach Craig Berube.

Berube took over coaching duties on Nov. 19 and eventually led the Blues from last place in January to a Stanley Cup championship on Wednesday when they beat the Boston Bruins 4-1 in Game 7.

"(It’s) pretty impressive going from zero to hero,” Berube’s second cousin Matthew told CTV Edmonton. “That was awesome.”

Known primarily as a fighter throughout his playing career, Berube notched 3,149 penalty minutes over 1,054 NHL games with the Philadelphia Flyers, Toronto Maple Leafs, Calgary Flames, Washington Capitals and New York Islanders.

"We're very blessed and fortunate to have somebody from our community do so well," said Berube’s uncle Emile.

Calahoo residents call Berube “very down to earth” and a “regular country boy,” who makes a point to visit his hometown each offseason.

"We're hoping he brings that cup home this summer," Emile said.

Regardless of Berube’s plans with the championship trophy, the Stanley Cup will have plenty of stops in the Prairies this summer as a combined seven players hail from Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta.

Matthew hopes his cousin’s successes can be inspiration for the children with dreams of going from small-town Alberta to the big leagues.

"Maybe it helps the kids,” he said. “As long as you work hard maybe you can get there one day like he did.”

image.png.aadcf5836c7d76bef210ef9da5fe4d83.png

• Cheers 1

On 6/14/2019 at 5:09 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The NHL needs to step in and hold the Bruins and Debrusk accountable for this.

Neurological disorders and head injuries are serious.  Goes to show the lack of knowledge around concussions and the repercussions of not recovering from them properly can do to a person's health in general.  Need to educate players to understand that "playing through it" is probably the dumbest mantra regarding concussions.

but they won't because they are the bruins

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

it's not a whip it's a little loop to tie something to and people are inferring bondage.

It's a whip.  There is a loop going around the actor's wrist so it doesn't fly off.  Plus, I have two.  :shock:

On 6/14/2019 at 5:09 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The NHL needs to step in and hold the Bruins and Debrusk accountable for this.

Neurological disorders and head injuries are serious.  Goes to show the lack of knowledge around concussions and the repercussions of not recovering from them properly can do to a person's health in general.  Need to educate players to understand that "playing through it" is probably the dumbest mantra regarding concussions.

On that thought, I k ew Grzelcyk wasnt 100%, but acciari played through a broken sternum thats rough and they had John Moore playing through a broken shoulder o.o hockey players are insane and I agree the "play through it" culture needs to change when it comes to head injuries

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

On that thought, I k ew Grzelcyk wasnt 100%, but acciari played through a broken sternum thats rough and they had John Moore playing through a broken shoulder o.o hockey players are insane and I agree the "play through it" culture needs to change when it comes to head injuries

Add Nordstrom to that list; foot fracture 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

I recall other team's fans shrugged their shoulders and stated 'injuries are no excuse' after the '11 Nucks loss.  So I say that's true, it is not and excuse...it's just one of the reasons.

I hope to see better referees actually calling penalties on illegal hits and checks in the next SC playoffs.  They need to step in and stop this dangerous nonsense.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1