The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Boeser for Hughes

5 hours ago, 6string said:

...because goal scorers grow on trees.

They do though. Goal scorers need sticks. Sticks are made from wood. We get wood from trees. So technically goal scorers do in fact grow on trees lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

They do though. Goal scorers need sticks. Sticks are made from wood. We get wood from trees. So technically goal scorers do in fact grow on trees lol

I don't think anyone has used a wooden stick in the NHL for at least 5 years.  Maybe longer.

11 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Man I'm going to start this off with I love Boeser, but is he worth over $8M per? He deffiently has the value to land a too 3 pick, if not straight up I doubt we need to add much.

If given the chance would you trade Boeser for any of Hughes, Kakko, or Byram?

No way any of those three would be traded for Boeser.   If Canucks were offered that, in spite of BB being a great hockey player and seemingly even a better human being, you do that trade in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, goalie13 said:

I don't think anyone has used a wooden stick in the NHL for at least 5 years.  Maybe longer.

Last player to use them was Paul Stastny and he made the switch just before the 2010/11 season. Edit: Ryan Smyth's blade remained wooden until 2014

12 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Man I'm going to start this off with I love Boeser, but is he worth over $8M per? He deffiently has the value to land a too 3 pick, if not straight up I doubt we need to add much.

If given the chance would you trade Boeser for any of Hughes, Kakko, or Byram?

If we trade BB for JH then we have 3 great centers and lost a excellent winger. We need wingers, Kakko is a beast on the wing but I understand why people here want JH. I can't see us moving Brock.

If we can turn 

Boeser, 10th, 2020 pick, Demko/Dipietro

In Hughes im all for it. Pay the price. We can learn from Edmonton

Let Hughes and Petey spend some time on wings once and awhile.

That will pay off in future playoffs big.

Then we can focus on drafting depth and D. Signing depth and D and managing out contracts moving forwards. Clean up the Eriksson situation and name Horvat captain

• Wat 1

6 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Nailed me on that one! :huh::lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No way any of those three would be traded for Boeser.   If Canucks were offered that, in spite of BB being a great hockey player and seemingly even a better human being, you do that trade in a heartbeat.

Thankfully someone makes sense. I love Brock but a top 3 pick? Get real. Draft depending but done.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

If we trade BB for JH then we have 3 great centers and lost a excellent winger. We need wingers, Kakko is a beast on the wing but I understand why people here want JH. I can't see us moving Brock.

Centers can play wing, whereas it's not so easy for wingers to play center.  If Crappo goes to Jersey at first overall, and the we can get Jack Hughes at pick number two, and the Rags agree the cost is Boeser, then WE MAKE THAT TRADE.  (I think the cost would be higher though.)

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Centers can play wing, whereas it's not so easy for wingers to play center.  If Crappo goes to Jersey at first overall, and the we can get Jack Hughes at pick number two, and the Rags agree the cost is Boeser, then WE MAKE THAT TRADE.  (I think the cost would be higher though.)

Brock is a character guy, someone who you want on your side come crunch time. Helps he's mega talented as well and has proved it. I'm not sold on Jack yet, I don't know why but something tells me Kakko is going to be dominant

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

Brock is a character guy, someone who you want on your side come crunch time. Helps he's mega talented as well and has proved it. I'm not sold on Jack yet, I don't know why but something tells me Kakko is going to be dominant

I don't think it will be too much of a surprise to see Jersey take Kakko first.  He's already got an NHL body, skill, and compete.  Jack Hughes needs to mature to become the elite player he is projected to be.  That very scenario is why I still hold out some hope (tiny yes) that we could get that second pick and grab us Jack.  I'm hoping that JB can take Lucic and get the 8 OA to come with him.  Then trade 8 and 10 for 2.  

5 minutes ago, Grape said:

The amount of people that wouldn't trade Boeser for Hughes/Kakko is laughable. Literally no one else other than CDC'ers would share this thought

I really don't like thinking about any trade involving BB - it seems like he's been on this team for a lot longer than he has been and we've already seen him develop so much as a person off the ice and as a great young player.....

but....

You are correct.  If we have the opportunity to obtain the #1 or #2 overall in a more or less 1-for-1 type of scenario (or BB + something realistic on our side) then we do that in a HEARTBEAT and fire JB immediately if it's discovered he was offered that and didn't accept it.  So, no Grape, not all of CDC'ers share that thought. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

I really don't like thinking about any trade involving BB - it seems like he's been on this team for a lot longer than he has been and we've already seen him develop so much as a person off the ice and as a great young player.....

but....

You are correct.  If we have the opportunity to obtain the #1 or #2 overall in a more or less 1-for-1 type of scenario (or BB + something realistic on our side) then we do that in a HEARTBEAT and fire JB immediately if it's discovered he was offered that and didn't accept it.  So, no Grape, not all of CDC'ers share that thought. 

Yup! BB is my favorite player and the only jersey I own but c'mon lol

10 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

been many moons since sticks were made from wood.. 

just sayin..