The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Boeser for Hughes

Man I'm going to start this off with I love Boeser, but is he worth over $8M per? He deffiently has the value to land a too 3 pick, if not straight up I doubt we need to add much.

If given the chance would you trade Boeser for any of Hughes, Kakko, or Byram?

Edited by Brock Botanen

First of all, I was waiting for this thread to come after the previous one. Boeser ain't going no where and neither is our 10th OA pick unless it is moved up or down or for an established young player already.

If we go Boldy/ Caufield it allows us to have a top lw  and rw prospect. If we go Soderstorm/ broberg/ any dman prospect. thats a top 4 dman prospect we didn't have before.

Boeser gets signed 7years x 7 million or 8 x 8. somewhere in that ballpark.

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

No chance a top 2 pick is traded for Boeser.

Don't know that Boeser can command 8 mill a year anyways, they are probably just waiting for other RFA's to sign to get an idea of the market. 

Sadly Dumbass and Squealander broke the market.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, 6string said:

...because goal scorers grow on trees.

Jack's comparable is Patrick Kane.  Would basically be a lateral move but its going to cost more than just Brock.  Brock and 10OA, something like that. Not worth. Get another scoring winger at 10OA, or if a high end D is still up for grabs and shop for UFA scorers.

• Upvote 1

I love Boeser but you don't even think twice if Hughes or Kakko is offered for him. They are both projected to be and have a very good chance of being better than him.

At the same time, we'd never get either in a one for one, would need an add, not sure how much.

Edited by MrCanuck94

It's kind of scary trading a known for an unknown, but there is a strong chance that Hughes ends up the better player--still it is a risk. Regarding your question on salary: $8M is a bit higher than I'd like, but I'd pay that if that's what it takes to get it done.