The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

10 hours ago, Rush17 said:

:lol: this guy is awesome (JT Miller Mic'd up)

He talks about making plays a lot in this. Me thinks he’ll love Petey and Brock!

218 lbs.  Horvat has to be close to 220, add Pearson or Virtannen and that is a meaty line.  

Then role out Baer, EP40 and Brock as the potatoes!!  Skillz galore. 

Tougher top.6 now with Miller.  Added plus, played 82 games 4 years in a row.  Scoring 20g plus 3 times.  In 2 years Podz comes in...  

Keppen, Gadz... sounds like JB is building around Ep40.  Smart move.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s easy to see Miller loves to play, and be part of the game.  

It really is. It looks like he’ll be playing a lot more as well with us :) 

#10 and 12 are retired #s, he briefly wore 47 but that is sven's #. Maybe he chooses #15, the position he was taken in round 1? I think he wore the #11 for the US...god that number should be removed from the Canucks list forever, please dont choose #11...former Ranger and all with the Moose past that would suck! see #11 on a Canuck jersey again...yes bitter from 94' bitter about that horrible signing of him and Keenan

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's what I like, his size.  While we don't need a whole line up of big guys, it's certainly going to help to bring him in.  

Look, the word's out on Petey and we need a couple of guys with size who can be a bit of a deterrent.   Plus he takes face offs.  And has good jump and seems like a bit of an unselfish player.  

Just saw the energy video, above (after posting)....yep, I like this a lot.

Deb always like your take on things, level headed and appreciative.  I like this a lot too.  That was after almost choking when I heard the trade but that reaction was based on me thinking we were still a few years away BECAUSE we didn’t have a player like him in the lineup.  Now I’m stoked and can’t wait for the season to start.   The cost was always going to be high (cap with UFAs or a core player) ... the more I learn about this guy the more happy with the actual cost.  I like our core and don’t want to lose Boeser or Horvat ... and maybe a little back...for a lateral move.  This is a big boost, with Podz  and future ascension of the core, I’d say we are pretty much sorted with our top six for a very long time.  

Defense defense defense as the remainder of the focus and we are in for a long ride...on paper I think we are at least on par with the WCE team in two years or less, which is no small accomplishment (probably the third best team we’ve ever had) equal or better top six, better goaltending, worse defense.   Can’t wait to see what Benning can manage next.  Fingers crossed for either Myers or Gardiner.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I think JT will play the left side with EP. Hoping Jake gets a legit shot to play with Bo and Pearson/Sven, that could be a good 2nd line

Me too.  Add a player like him to their lineup and they will produce ... it might take a month to click but when it does watch out.   Now EP and Boeser have a mucker along the boards to get the puck back to them whose skilled enough to make the pass to them when he does on a regular basis.   And he can wreak havoc infront of the net.  He does all the little things right too and is defensively responsible.  Heck he can even take the OF draws and win more often just to keep possession.   Things are looking up...

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Me too.  Add a player like him to their lineup and they will produce ... it might take a month to click but when it does watch out.   Now EP and Boeser have a mucker along the boards to get the puck back to them whose skilled enough to make the pass to them when he does on a regular basis.   And he can wreak havoc infront of the net.  He does all the little things right too and is defensively responsible.  Heck he can even take the OF draws and win more often just to keep possession.   Things are looking up...

Miller-EP-Boeser

Pearson-Bo-Virtanen

-sorry to Baer but that is my top 6. Virtanen might be a stretch but I am hoping this is his breakout year with 50 points. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Miller-EP-Boeser

Pearson-Bo-Virtanen

-sorry to Baer but that is my top 6. Virtanen might be a stretch but I am hoping this is his breakout year with 50 points. 

hope jake can pull a 20g 20a season. Just needs to gain Green's trust and work on his shot and how he drives to the net with the puck...that can lead to quite a few of his goals imo. Also being a net front presence on a PP unit would help also

12 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i’ve been saying that petey and brock need some grit on their line. J.T. fits that bill. 

It does make sense, but I believe they were intending to upgrade Bo's RW this off season. I wonder if they might sign a UFA? I don't mind the idea of Gaudette getting a shot there. Not sure what their plans are for Goldobin and Virtanen.  

34 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It does make sense, but I believe they were intending to upgrade Bo's RW this off season. I wonder if they might sign a UFA? I don't mind the idea of Gaudette getting a shot there. Not sure what their plans are for Goldobin and Virtanen.  

JT shoots left though...and EP needs help to get back to what he was doing at the beginning of the year, this would be a huge upgrade with what he’s had to work with so far and could help elevate their games ( Boeser too).   Plus he’s better at draws which would help them keep possession in the offensive zone.   Definitely he’d help Horvats line too, but so will adding Bear back on the off wing, he did it with the Sedins as others have pointed out..

Of course if Bennings 

not finished adding it’s anyone’s guess as to what will happen, heck he can even stay on the third line and do his thing there and the PK...sure useful to have a guy that can play all three forward positions. 

Exciting times to be a Canucks fan.

10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

JT shoots left though...and EP needs help to get back to what he was doing at the beginning of the year, this would be a huge upgrade with what he’s had to work with so far and could help elevate their games ( Boeser too).   Plus he’s better at draws which would help them keep possession in the offensive zone.   Definitely he’d help Horvats line too, but so will adding Bear back on the off wing, he did it with the Sedins as others have pointed out..

Of course if Bennings 

not finished adding it’s anyone’s guess as to what will happen, heck he can even stay on the third line and do his thing there and the PK...sure useful to have a guy that can play all three forward positions. 

Exciting times to be a Canucks fan.

I know the defense needs some serious work but imagine if JB was able to get Anders Lee as a UFA!!  Lee, 6'3" 230, on Horvat's wing!!

JT Miller  Petey  Boeser

Pearson  Horvat  Lee

What a top 6 that would be lol.

Edit: Lee is a LW so maybe it would go:

Lee  Petey  Boeser

Pearson  Horvat  JT Miller

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Lee  Petey  Boeser

Pearson  Horvat  JT Miller

I'll preface this by thinking it'll never happen (signing Lee), but if it did:

Lee / Miller or BoHo / Virtanen

That's about as heavy a line as you're ever going to ice and would be physically formidable versus anyone. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Sounds like Benning is done with finding forwards, concentrating now on getting 1-2 Ds. What will the Top 6 look like next season?

Baertschi - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - J.T. Miller

??

I have it like that, but with Miller on the first line and Baer with Bo and Pearson. That's a playoff-level top 6 if Baer is healthy and Pearson is the old Pearson from LA's glory days.

• Cheers 1