The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

If they don't find them soon, this could be a while.

They don't seem to be turning out to be the screen addicted youth that many on here predicted. Low social media presence.

They are close friends. They know how to steal cars, kill (obviously) and seem to have a destination that at least one is familiar with. 

These twisted nuts must have planned this to some extent...will they be found frozen in the wilderness in a few months? 

Hope I'm wrong, I wan't them found soon, then I hope they try to unsuccessfully run. The cops can save us tax paying dollars and remove them from this earth. 

Over under on dead or alive?

Just now, riffraff said:

Over under on dead or alive?

Both options, in 2 months...one is still alive..the creepier camo kid. He has resorted to cannibalising his friend ( I know cannibal when I see one!) 

They are found when the father finally tells the cops that he once camped at some remote small lake in Northern Manitoba when his kid was young.

The movie makes millions.

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

if not found within a week. then dead its Manitoba bush

I don’t see the outdoors killing them.

if it was winter they’re chances of survival outdoors would be slim to none in Manitoba.  

Being that its fair weather I see them survive the outdoors until both are caught or killed by police.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, riffraff said:

It’s stories like this that bring to light many of the risk I took while travelling.  At the time they seemed either minor risks or not a risk at all.  But in today’s world I suppose I’m lucky to be alive and my whereabouts known to loved ones.

im not even exaggerating.

I believe you, riff. I've always been pretty guarded, and when I took my family on a trip from Vancouver to Toronto, we had to make pit stops in small towns and rest stops along the way. I always felt that there was a very transient vibe to those areas, which got my hackles up. Initially I thought I was being too ultra vigilant. I'm glad I trusted my instinct in retrospect.

25 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

if not found within a week. then dead its Manitoba bush

these dweebs seem to have a plan for lack of a better word, my guess is they think they can live in the bush 

• Upvote 1

I hear the concerns about small towns etc..

I toured the country 6 times in a Van. Spent many a night in scary spots but it was with a band, so at least we had numbers. The yearly Maclean's list of most dangerous places always has a high percentage of more remote places being rougher than the cities like one might expect.

I lived from age 8-18  on the Island, small town. We were always concerned as teenagers when going to other areas. For us it was Duncan and Port Alberni that seemed to try to fight us on sight. We were from district 69 though so maybe they were just jealous. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This is insane. Hearing so many people here on CDC talk about how creepy things are up north is news to me, especially @peaches5 talking about not staying or sleeping at rest stops.

What are things coming to?

Just the nature of places far from civilization.

There is a pretty good documentary interviewing the findings of one retired police detective about missing people from US state and national parks.  

Lots of crazies out in wilderness....

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

There is a pretty good documentary interviewing the findings of one retired police detective about missing people from US state and national parks.  

Lots of crazies out in wilderness....

Interesting. Thanks Lancaster. I've heard some f'ed up things that people share on Reddit regarding being in the wilderness and running into or witnessing some crazy shizzle.

Edited by PhillipBlunt

5 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

cool, I want to watch this later.

Heard a lot about the books... Some of the theories get pretty out there, but some of the circumstances are really strange 

Its eye opening how many healthy strong people just vanish.

50 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One of the stories I read said that the sand flies had just started to come out around Stephens Lake....

...if you've lived in the city all your life, you have no idea.....

'dems the ones that bite right through clothing  lol

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This is insane. Hearing so many people here on CDC talk about how creepy things are up north is news to me, especially @peaches5 talking about not staying or sleeping at rest stops.

What are things coming to?

Haven't you ever stopped at a gas station in hope? or along highway 1? There are literally boards with hundreds of peoples faces on them saying missing last seen at "some location a long highway x" They never get any smaller. For people travelling or hitchhiking its hard to even know if they went missing here. People up north are very friendly but it's not people up north that are generally the ones who abduct or murder people. They are drifters. Serial killers that are intelligent move from one place to another and that stretch of BC highway is ripe for the taking. There are a lot of missing people that are believed to have been killed by US serial killers. The one thing that those people up north aren't saying but is the truth is the reason why everyone is so friendly especially with people who are stuck on the side of the road is because they want to make sure these people are okay and nothing bad happens to them. These people know you don't want to be stuck alone on one of these roads overnight.

My Grandparents had a trailer and all they did was travel all over Canada. When they got older and decided to travel to White Horse camping all along the way up there my Gramps went and bought a pistol gripped shotgun. This was in the 90s. This was someone who lived half the year in the Caribou near Williams Lake.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Interesting. Thanks Lancaster. I've heard some f'ed up things that people share on Reddit regarding being in the wilderness and running into or witnessing some crazy shizzle.

Link to threads? I don't know why I have a fascination about this topic. I remember listing to Coast to Coast AM (late night radio show) and they go into the topic of disappearances in the big US national parks. 

• Upvote 3

so they DO think of themselves as survivalists... just got emailed this ..

On Monday, when McLeod and Schmegelsky were still considered missing — one day before the RCMP declared them to be the primary suspects — Schmegelsky's father, Alan, told CHEK News the men considered themselves survivalists.

He said they "liked to go into the woods and play war" and were trained in camouflage. 

"If there's any hope that Bryer and Kam are alive, it's because they … would have gone into the woods and they know how to hide, because they've been doing this for the last 2½ years," he said, adding, "They're non-violent, they're good people. Never got in trouble or anything."