The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interview with Travis Green

Rate this topic

PhillipBlunt

where did the locker room cancer come from. i’ll need proof of that. a written reply from players and coaches. from everything i’ve heard, he is well liked by players and coaches. he is just unliked by some fans who went let it go. the whole situation will work itself out. he’ll be here, there or somewhere. give it a rest.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

where did the locker room cancer come from. i’ll need proof of that. a written reply from players and coaches. from everything i’ve heard, he is well liked by players and coaches. he is just unliked by some fans who went let it go. the whole situation will work itself out. he’ll be here, there or somewhere. give it a rest.

I totally agree. The whole quote was taken way out of context. From all accounts he’s good in the room and plays for his teammates. It’s apparent watching him that he doesn’t have that extra step that you need in Green’s system but he’s rarely out of position. Predictable? Yes. Dependable Yes. A play driver, absolutely not. People need to get off judging him off his salary, for what it’s worth, we can fit him under the cap and he’ll be a dependable defensive winger who plays really good positionally on the PK. If we taper expectations to 10-15 goals and good defensive play, I hope he can win some fans back. The best case scenario is we move him and his contract but if that’s not able to happen, we as fans should support him and hope he can pot a couple big goals throughout the season to make a difference in tight games. This whole offseason charade hopefully lights a fire under him and we see the best Ericsson.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

Lazy, entitled punks who whine about the coach not giving them icetime when they're they're playing like steaming piles of garbage usually aren't well liked.  That ice time Eriksson wants gifted to him has to come from a player who has actually done something to earn it.  I'll get off his case when he's finally out of town and not allowed to further disgrace our jersey.  Biggest piece of **** we're had since Messier.

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Contract amount and age don’t have much to do with icing the best team unless your a rebuilding team trying to give rookies a shot to see what you have which JB has made a statement against at this point giving away a first for Miller and adding Myers, Benn and Ferland and letting Pouilet and Hutton go.  Listen I get what your saying but don’t at all agree with the assessment that he’s the 14th forward on the team.   Motte and Leivo won’t produce the same all things equal (whatever line they are on) and Pearson, Bear, Ferland are debatable - same with Sutter and Beagle although I listed all of them ahead of LE with the exception of a Beagle.   I’m not sure what’s going to happen but I will say I’ve never seen a fan base throw a guy so far under the bus before.    Bear might play 60 games might play 20 hard to say.    Schaller will be clear waivers and play in Utica.  So will at least one more guy, if it’s LE so be it - nice message they will be sending.   Let’s agree to disagree, no way is he that bad but hey, guess 5th or whatever it was in forward scoring despite playing most of his time on the 3rd and 4th line makes him 14th best forward due to some math and eye test and gut hunches etc.   Motte, Leivo and Goldobin will never approach the career that LEs had.   Bad signing ? Absolutely. Should we bench him as a result ?  Well I’m not then coach, or GM but maybe, but it won’t have anything to do with who’s the best guy for the job if it is.

Long and the short is that we're HIGHLY unlikely to waive Motte or Leivo (assuming they keep up/improve on their current level of play) to keep Eriksson around. You can call that whatever you want.

I'll call it 14th forward.

Beagle is a C, there's no way he's below Eriksson, a (under performing) winger.

'Never approach the career he's had...' Zero disagreement, particularly the emphasis on the past tense.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Why would Dallas want a locker room cancer like this useless piece of trash on their farm team?  The last thing they'd want is the kids thinking the way this loser conducts himself is acceptable, either on or off the ice.  You can only ice so many vets a night in the AHL and no team in their right mind is going to waste a spot on a lazy, whining, entitled punk who can't handle being demoted to the 3rd line in a league he isn't good enough to play in anymore.  Utica's press box is the most likely outcome.

Loui is a lot of things (declining, under performing, VASTLY overpaid, clearly misguided on his current abilities/value etc) but I see very little evidence of him being a 'cancer'.

He, by most accounts, is a solid vet. That doesn't mean he won't also be a massive media/fan distraction if still here though. Which certainly can have it's own negative effects on a team/locker room.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Loui is a lot of things (declining, under performing, VASTLY overpaid, clearly misguided on his current abilities/value etc) but I see very little evidence of him being a 'cancer'.

He, by most accounts, is a solid vet. That doesn't mean he won't also be a massive media/fan distraction if still here though. Which certainly can have it's own negative effects on a team/locker room.

Beaking off to the press about his ice time while he's wasting minutes that could be given to guys willing to give an honest effort won't endear him to his teammates.  Rewarding that kind of behaviour by bringing him back would only make the problem worse, but you don't want that kind of loser on any team.  Black Aces need to shut up and accept whatever icetime they're given gratefully.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

A bit melodramatic, but sure. Still doesn't make him a 'cancer'.

Frustrated with his role and dwindling abilities, over paid, distraction etc... Sure.

Cancer? Not really.

Try spouting off in any normal workplace the way he did, and see how liked you are by your peers afterwards.  How would you feel if you were a guy like Virt, busting your ass to get into the top six, and this lazy floater spews the garbage he does when he's still being gifted far too many undeserved minutes?  Even Goldy was a professional when Green sent him to the press box.  Eriksson's comments indicate he doesn't give a damn who deserves to play.  He doesn't care about his teammates.  All he cares about is making himself look like he still belongs in the NHL so he can swindle another team into taking him.  I don't know any player who would want a guy with an attitude that poor on the team.  His laziness alone is a problem for a coach trying to get his team to work hard, when you couple that with the complete disrespect towards the coach, you have grounds for suspension without pay.

Having his agent defend his effort and claim it is acceptable is a flat out insult to the Canucks who are actually trying.  I stand by my comment. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Lazy, entitled punks who whine about the coach not giving them icetime when they're they're playing like steaming piles of garbage usually aren't well liked.  That ice time Eriksson wants gifted to him has to come from a player who has actually done something to earn it.  I'll get off his case when he's finally out of town and not allowed to further disgrace our jersey.  Biggest piece of **** we're had since Messier.

you’ve  obviously have spent more time in the dressing room than we have.  we can’t speak with authority because we just don’t know.  what other news have you gleamed from the dressing room? have the players and coaches thrown tanev and sutter under the bus too?

Edited by smithers joe
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

Consider the source of that comment Joe

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

i can appreciate other’s opinions but how can anyone build their narrative on information they can’t know unless they are in the canuck’s room or have talked to the players and coaches. i can understand how frustrating the louiegate has become, but why build hate for any canuck? let time, the coaches and louie decide what happens. if louie is moved, lets wish him well. he is another human being. 

Agreed.........it's just an excuse for certain fans to let loose their hate, it has very little to do with an interview, or even his play.  

• Cheers 2

How is Eriksson considered a locker room cancer? Has he slept with another player's wife? Has he spread rumors about the coach or another player? I don't think so.

It makes no sense to refer to this guy as a locker room cancer at all. That must be the most overused colloquialism on this board in relation to Eriksson, especially considering that very few, if any, posters have been privy to what goes on in the Canucks locker room.

I can understand and appreciate someone's criticism of his on-ice performance as anyone with cable or internet connection can watch his play and make assertions. Personally, Eriksson strikes me as a player whose effort and competition level has waned considerably over his time here. He's been bypassed by various younger and more driven and effective players on the roster. His spot on this team isn't commiserate with his salary, and I think Benning will find a solution before training camp.

But a locker room cancer? Please.

• Cheers 3

I'm interested in how Green will integrate the four new roster players, and what the roster will look like once Roussel is fully healed. I'm looking forward to it.

Hopefully this post might take the thread away from the blackhole of talking about Eriksson ad nauseum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm interested in how Green will integrate the four new roster players, and what the roster will look like once Roussel is fully healed. I'm looking forward to it.

I have a feeling we will see a bit of a revolving lineup throughout the season as TG likes to mix things up a bit especially if a particular line starts to go stale.

It will be interesting to see who gets moved in order for Roussel to return from LTIR. If Goldy has a really good camp he might still wind up as the 13th forward and my betting would be that either Baer, Pearson or Leivo get traded for a draft pick in next years draft.

4 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I have a feeling we will see a bit of a revolving lineup throughout the season as TG likes to mix things up a bit especially if a particular line starts to go stale.

I hope not. I'd like Green to work through that in training camp, and then let the lines stay to develop chemistry.

4 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

It will be interesting to see who gets moved in order for Roussel to return from LTIR. If Goldy has a really good camp he might still wind up as the 13th forward and my betting would be that either Baer, Pearson or Leivo get traded for a draft pick in next years draft.

I see Baer or Goldy being moved before Pearson or Leivo, personally. I guess camp will decide.

• Upvote 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope not. I'd like Green to work through that in training camp, and then let the lines stay to develop chemistry.

I see Baer or Goldy being moved before Pearson or Leivo, personally. I guess camp will decide.

As of now, Goldy isn't even a part of the org.

On 8/14/2019 at 4:14 AM, King Heffy said:

Try spouting off in any normal workplace the way he did, and see how liked you are by your peers afterwards. 

Well, have you ever worked anywhere? You seem too young... I have never been on any workplace where the bosses even raised an eyebrow over the little things Loui talked about.

Loui isn't even a sneeze compared to  you. You've littered this forum with a lot of garbage without any sort of human knowledge. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1