The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interview with Travis Green

Rate this topic

PhillipBlunt

43 minutes ago, stawns said:

can you imagine if he made a move to get Kass back?  Kass, Ferland, Roussel and Virtanen all on the same team?

Now I could live with that ha teams would hate to play van and hey media already doesn't like us , so give them a real reason too ha 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Nurnge said:

I totally agree with everything up to Loui retiring before waivers .... If he still thinks he is still the player from Boston he probably would still want to play somewhere in the NHL . Retiring means never  again . I don't think he leaves the 9 million on the table I wouldn't  but then I don't have his 55 mill career earnings  !!! 

Did Loui not say that he intended to play out his contract?  It sounds like retirement is not likely.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, stawns said:

can you imagine if he made a move to get Kass back?  Kass, Ferland, Roussel and Virtanen all on the same team?

Kassian?  :picard:  Benning already gave him away for essentially nothing because he's a screw ball.  Why on earth would he bring him back?

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

TG talking only about LE’s part in their relationship, speaking to results, etc. 

Not sure I would have done it that way.

LE’s comments, translated yet, weren’t anything remotely controversial and if anything were ordinary as the day is long. The man literally said nothing, only that he and the coach had differing perceptions of his part on the team. This was a nontraversy, yet even TG has played into it.

TG only added fuel to the fire by commenting on and adding substance to the original quip, likely made in passing and who knows what context or translation issues it was derailed by. 

IMO, TG should have passed by this comment and practiced what he preached in the same interview. Also, due to the publicity, JB just had his hands further tied for any trying to move LE.

Dumb move, TG. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

why don’t they hire coaches that think the way we do, oh what’s the matter with coaches today. ain’t they got no learnin?

Joe you’re too funny.  Could you imagine a coach who thought (and acted upon those thoughts) like most of us on CDC?  It would be like Bill Laforge and John Tortorella added with Mike Keenan.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

Kassian?  :picard:  Benning already gave him away for essentially nothing because he's a screw ball.  Why on earth would he bring him back?

I'd say he's clearly past that and has been one of the few consistent players for Edm

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

TG talking only about LE’s part in their relationship, speaking to results, etc. 

Not sure I would have done it that way.

LE’s comments, translated yet, weren’t anything remotely controversial and if anything were ordinary as the day is long. The man literally said nothing, only that he and the coach had differing perceptions of his part on the team. This was a nontraversy, yet even TG has played into it.

TG only added fuel to the fire by commenting on and adding substance to the original quip, likely made in passing and who knows what context or translation issues it was derailed by. 

IMO, TG should have passed by this comment and practiced what he preached in the same interview. Also, due to the publicity, JB just had his hands further tied for any trying to move LE.

Dumb move, TG. 

Maybe TG knows (told in meeting with JB) their is zero chance of trading Loui?  Maybe TG is laying the groundwork to send a veteran guy (Loui) to the minors?  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd say he's clearly past that and has been one of the few consistent players for Edm

Love big Zach.  Kids been through way too much already in such a young life.  Glad for him he’s found success (a home) in Edmonton.  For him, I hope he stays there.  I think we have Big Mac, who can fill that roll now, if needed.  

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Maybe TG knows (told in meeting with JB) their is zero chance of trading Loui?  Maybe TG is laying the groundwork to send a veteran guy (Loui) to the minors?  

That’s what I read between the lines.  He was more or less calling out LE that he’s going with the best options at training camp and calling him out that he doesn’t make lines based on salary.  He did it in a nice and professional way too.  In other words have a good camp and earn a spot or as Alf so politely suggested earlier, prepare to smell bus farts.

• Cheers 3

19 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I really like Jordan Greenway out of Minni, or Josh Anderson out of Columbus...……..both heavy players.....even Jujhar Khaira out of Edmonton

Just some more fast heavy bodies

I like anyone who's got something you can't guard, cant handle.

Even as simple as relentless, infectious work rate. But including size that runs through you in a puck battle.

Can make passes no one see's coming.

Speeeeed.

A howitzer faster than a goalie can react.  

Slippery & explosive agility! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

It was a good interview. Green was honest but it was media honesty and that’s all we as fans will ever get. Green will just answer the question with a simple answer. “Work hard earn spot....yadda yadda”. 

Is media interviews enough? For me.... No. I want more.

i would love this training camp to have a documentary of inside stuff. At lest 20 min episodes of Real stuff. In office talks on ice player talks, off ice stuff and so on. So I can see a more clear picture of wants going on and their real personalities. Even a 20min Utica episode I want.

My favorite Canuck media videos are the war room pre draft stuff and draft floor and behind the scenes player stuff. I wanta see all the behind action and not just a 2min overly edited version.

so Plz Canucks....for us fans ,make a true documentary of this Training camp as it is the start of a new era of Canucks hockey.

On 8/3/2019 at 8:40 AM, stawns said:

I love how Green dispells all the hullabaloo over this "rift", so those who are hell bent on this being a "thing" take his words and *translate" them to fit their narrative

I have heard these coaches interviews for a lot of years, so have you I’m not testing your metal. There is more then speculation behind my translation. That being said, I’m not hell bent on anything I just wanted to point out how much green tip toed the questions while you feel he was dispelling I respectfully disagree.  I actually have given dark horse status to Lou Erickson in another post because it is my nature to a fault to always root for the underdog. But you keep being you and I’ll keep being me.