The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Name your favorite temporary Canuck in the Benning era!

Rate this topic

Rush17

37 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

OK, add Miller in for me too.  Always did like him....had almost forgotten the Stech thing.  THAT'S how you go to war for one another.  

Exactly.  That's one of the big things that's been missing overall. Hopefully that changes this year. 

3 hours ago, nzan said:

Miller will most likely not be remembered much for his Canuck era, but I’m gonna put him in our top 5 goalies of all time.

Luongo

Maclean

Brodeur

Schneider

Miller

Apologies to Cheech. And I’m happy to open the door for Demko very soon.

Miller is honestly the 2nd best goalie this franchise has ever had.

Miller > Schneider

22 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Miller is honestly the 2nd best goalie this franchise has ever had.

Miller > Schneider

I suppose if you’re referring to a point of view like HoF voting for careers or something.

I was considering more in relation to their impact on the Canucks. In that regard you could possibly make the case that Miller > Schneider but certainly not Brodeur or Maclean.

On 8/29/2019 at 4:35 AM, Tre Mac said:

Jason Effin Megna.

I treat this as a spoof topic so it's got to be da real MVP.  

Megna, agreed!

Who ever believed we were not in a stealth tank???  :wub:

Megna bought our prospects an extra year to develop.  Sacrificial lamb when we could not afford a Beagle... 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 9:51 AM, theo5789 said:

Luke Schenn has got to get a mention here. Was suppose to be a useless throw in to a trade and turned into a brief fan favourite.

I was so p'd off when I heard the Canucks couldn't re-sign him.  Reading this article, I can understand why he left.  His desire to win a Cup before his playing days are done. Or at least have the opportunity to try.  He figured the Canucks weren't close based on last season. And Tampa Bay had a much bigger shot at going to the dance again.  But I wonder if he knew now, how JB was going to revamp the team, and how well Hughes was coming along, if he'd have accepted the Canucks offer. He'd have been a beast if we make the playoffs.

https://canucksarmy.com/2019/07/17/luke-schenn-opens-up-about-choosing-lightning-over-canucks/

A former fifth overall pick, Schenn has barely had a taste of the playoffs in his career to date playing on rebuilding teams such as the Maple Leafs, Flyers, Coyotes, Ducks and Canucks. He’s played 734 career NHL games, but has just 12 career playoff games on his resume.

The Lightning had an epic 128-point regular season last year and are once again a Cup Contender entering 2019-20. The Bolts got outmuscled at times in their first-round playoff loss to Columbus and could use the grit and physicality Schenn brings to the table.

Schenn says seeing his brother Brayden Schenn win the Stanley Cup with the Blues and bringing it home to Saskatoon made him want to win it himself that much more.

“There’s no question the fire is there,” Schenn told the Athletic. “When Tampa came in, (the Cup) was the first thing that crossed my mind. They were the top team in the league and obviously have extra motivation coming into next season. I haven’t had the chance to go deep in the playoffs yet, and that’s the main reason you keep going. I was glad to see my younger brother do it. You want it just as bad, if not more.”

edit:  I also think he'd have been a good influence for Jake, looking at that last line.  He'd be a visible daily reminder of a 5th pick (one shy of Jake) player that maybe never appreciated or took advantage of his position when he was in his prime. Even on bad teams, you can shine and increase your value.  When Jakes 125,000 contract runs out, he may be lucky to get what Schenn is getting on another team.

Edited by kilgore
  • Upvote 1