Ferland Ep40 Brock

Pearson Horvat Miller

Bae   Gaudette Leivo

Sutter Beagle Virtanen

Extras: LE, Motte

Sent down waived/traded: Schaller and Goldy

Once Rous is back good bye LE

Probably it, with jv siting unlessmotte can't go given motte's pre season

Have to think MacEwen will be top call-up option.  I know he has been played at C before but my guess is he'll come up as a winger call-up with Graovac the top center call-up.

Will be very interesting to see what management does with Gaudette, Virtanen and Goldobin in the coming days.  Obviously Eriksson, Schaller and Motte are also part of the mystery here.  I personally don't think Gaudette's play has made Sutter expendable (at least not right now), but Gaudette definitely deserves a spot on this team.

With Fantenberg and Boeser out, assuming there's an LTIR option, perhaps they can delay having to make any significant decisions.  Given the fact that they're eventually going to have to make at least one or two significant roster moves (factoring in Roussel), maybe they'll choose to just get something done now rather than kick the can down the road.  If I had to place a bet then I would assume the Canucks will kick the can down the road but this is the first year in many that there's been this level of healthy competition.

Cannot believe how worked up some people get over training camp/pre-season. Do these people think Edler is about to lead the league in scoring ? Or that Jayson Megna is a 40 goal scorer ? I don't think it would be terrible for Gaudette to go to Utica and continue to build his confidence. If he tears it up for 10 games- or less - you can always recall him at a later date. I think that would be preferable to starting him in the NHL and possibly having a not-so-good start and it extinguishing that confidence.

• Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BlastPast said:

Cannot believe how worked up some people get over training camp/pre-season. Do these people think Edler is about to lead the league in scoring ? Or that Jayson Megna is a 40 goal scorer ? I don't think it would be terrible for Gaudette to go to Utica and continue to build his confidence. If he tears it up for 10 games- or less - you can always recall him at a later date. I think that would be preferable to starting him in the NHL and possibly having a not-so-good start and it extinguishing that confidence.

If Gaudette gets dropped that will go against the integrity of the preseason and training camp. He is leaps and bounds better than some of the other bubble players in Jake and Goldy (not to mention the overpaid pile of poo Eriksson).

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Add Roussel to the mix as well, and they are running out of spots rapidly... the train is moving, and without 100% commitment it will be hard to find room on this team...

Exactly.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

I strongly believe that with a better D-core Edler can improve his offensive numbers. He has been the best D-man we had in the past years, and looks the best we have right now. Having a better support and better offensive cast might pump up his game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hoping, opening night:

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Baertschi - Horvat - Miller

Pearson - Gaudette - Sutter

Leivo - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Rafferty

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Gassy Jack said:

Waive Baer? 

Boys with new toys... you guys think Leivo and Pearson are1st/2nd liners? Theres a reason they were in the doghouse and we got them for cheap... I would be happy if they can keep it up, but I'm not sold. Neither has a higher ceiling than Baer

I think you're right on here.  I like Pearson, but I think Leivo is a likey "unlikely" candidate.  He has spurts of good play, but then disappears for long stretches.  That said, I don'tthink they are going to sacrifice depth unless they absolutely have to.  gaudette, despite earning his spot, is the logical move.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

If Gaudette gets dropped that will go against the integrity of the preseason and training camp. He is leaps and bounds better than some of the other bubble players in Jake and Goldy (not to mention the overpaid pile of poo Eriksson).

no it doesn't.........people take that stuff way to literal.  Plenty of teams have sent players down for waiver exemption reasons.  Sucks for AG if it happens, but players understand the ramifications of the cap world.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hoping, opening night:

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Rafferty

I'd switch Baertschi and Pearson, and Motte instead of Virtanen.

(And Rafferty is already in Utica, so Biega will be the sitting 7th)

Edited by Googlie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hoping, opening night:

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Rafferty

Rafferty has already been sent down.

Baertschi seems to have good chemistry with Gaudette, so might as well stick with that for now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Rafferty has already been sent down.

Baertschi seems to have good chemistry with Gaudette, so might as well stick with that for now.

Baer, Gaud, Sutter?

27 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

established players ease into the pre-season and then turn their game up once the reg season starts.  Guys like AG and ZM are tuned in from day one because they are fighting to get noticed.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

Ferland Petey Boes

Baer Bo Miller

Pearson Sutter Virt

LE Beagle Motte

Goldy, Leivo.........one of Leivo or Goldy moved when Rous gets back.

If I were a betting man, that would be my bet.

• Upvote 2

Just now, theo5789 said:

Remember when Stecher was sent down despite having an excellent camp? Injuries happened and he hasn't looked back since. Gaudette may have "earned" a spot, but the team can still decide if they need more time to clear up the space to do so. I still think he will be sent down until an injury/trade occurs giving him the spot to takeover and then he likely sticks from then on assuming he continues his work ethic to hold the spot.

I agree, but I think that it’s wrong.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Baer, Gaud, Sutter?

Worth a look. But I still personally believe that we will be sending down Gaudette still until we trade Sutter or an injury occurs.

• Upvote 1