The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, zombieksa said:

So Brizzy survives another round of cuts. Interesting.

He was a positive +/- player and had 2 points leading into last nights game. Makes me wonder if this is an opportunity for him to get more comfortable around the guys. 

Could see breezer in the NHL very soon as an extra D.

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

What does ‘designated for assignment’ mean?

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Believe it means he is designated to be assigned to Utica. Likely due to waivers

The following players have been designated for assignment:

• Bachman, Richard
  • Graovac, Tyler

Ya they are both waiver or eligible. You have to designate if you want to send them down to waive them and keep them at the NHL if they clear 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Canucks should be gunning to win game one and ice the best roster they can.  This is where I'm at right now :

ferland   pettersson   boeser
baertschi   gaudette   miller
eriksson   horvat   sutter/pearson/leivo
virtanen  beagle  motte

keep :  goldobin (skill), schaller (checking, speed)

trade for futures any/all of :  sutter, leivo, pearson

you wanna keep goldy schaller and ericsson    over sutter pearson and leivo   , and then gaudette on the second line :picard:       the best roster they can ice   wont have goldy ericsson or schaller on the ice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

What the Roster should be:

Ferland Ep40 Brock

Pearson Horvat Miller

Bae   Gaudette Leivo

Sutter Beagle Virtanen

Extras: LE, Motte

Sent down waived/traded: Schaller and Goldy

Once Rous is back good bye LE

Probably it, with jv siting unlessmotte can't go given motte's pre season

Have to think MacEwen will be top call-up option.  I know he has been played at C before but my guess is he'll come up as a winger call-up with Graovac the top center call-up.

Will be very interesting to see what management does with Gaudette, Virtanen and Goldobin in the coming days.  Obviously Eriksson, Schaller and Motte are also part of the mystery here.  I personally don't think Gaudette's play has made Sutter expendable (at least not right now), but Gaudette definitely deserves a spot on this team.

With Fantenberg and Boeser out, assuming there's an LTIR option, perhaps they can delay having to make any significant decisions.  Given the fact that they're eventually going to have to make at least one or two significant roster moves (factoring in Roussel), maybe they'll choose to just get something done now rather than kick the can down the road.  If I had to place a bet then I would assume the Canucks will kick the can down the road but this is the first year in many that there's been this level of healthy competition.

Cannot believe how worked up some people get over training camp/pre-season. Do these people think Edler is about to lead the league in scoring ? Or that Jayson Megna is a 40 goal scorer ? I don't think it would be terrible for Gaudette to go to Utica and continue to build his confidence. If he tears it up for 10 games- or less - you can always recall him at a later date. I think that would be preferable to starting him in the NHL and possibly having a not-so-good start and it extinguishing that confidence.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, BlastPast said:

Cannot believe how worked up some people get over training camp/pre-season. Do these people think Edler is about to lead the league in scoring ? Or that Jayson Megna is a 40 goal scorer ? I don't think it would be terrible for Gaudette to go to Utica and continue to build his confidence. If he tears it up for 10 games- or less - you can always recall him at a later date. I think that would be preferable to starting him in the NHL and possibly having a not-so-good start and it extinguishing that confidence.

If Gaudette gets dropped that will go against the integrity of the preseason and training camp. He is leaps and bounds better than some of the other bubble players in Jake and Goldy (not to mention the overpaid pile of poo Eriksson).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

I strongly believe that with a better D-core Edler can improve his offensive numbers. He has been the best D-man we had in the past years, and looks the best we have right now. Having a better support and better offensive cast might pump up his game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gassy Jack said:

Waive Baer? 

Boys with new toys... you guys think Leivo and Pearson are1st/2nd liners? Theres a reason they were in the doghouse and we got them for cheap... I would be happy if they can keep it up, but I'm not sold. Neither has a higher ceiling than Baer

I think you're right on here.  I like Pearson, but I think Leivo is a likey "unlikely" candidate.  He has spurts of good play, but then disappears for long stretches.  That said, I don'tthink they are going to sacrifice depth unless they absolutely have to.  gaudette, despite earning his spot, is the logical move.

• Upvote 1