Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I saw the times for Saturday but was a little confused. Are there multiple groups throughout the day? Any idea on what time one should lineup to get in and get a good seat?

Saturday goes from 9 to 2:30, with scrimmage starting at 10:10 until 11. Other than that, I’m not sure how it’ll go. The ticket you bought will have your assigned seat, so no need to arrive too early to get a good seat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

I can't believe that the Sharks just re-signed this guy for 2 million!?!?

i thought it was Edler...ran into Big Country Reeves after his pay raise!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 11:10 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

Maybe this has been explained elsewhere, but can someone ELI5 how this is the 50th anniversary season when the canucks came into the league in 70-71 And they had the 40th anniversary season in 2010-2011? They didn't join the league until May either, which won't be until after this season is over? 50th should be next season, 2020-2021? Are they worried about the 2020 season being a lockout?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tybarber said:

Maybe this has been explained elsewhere, but can someone ELI5 how this is the 50th anniversary season when the canucks came into the league in 70-71 And they had the 40th anniversary season in 2010-2011? They didn't join the league until May either, which won't be until after this season is over? 50th should be next season, 2020-2021? Are they worried about the 2020 season being a lockout?

Makes no sense to me either, maybe AQUAboy wants to make some more $ with the whole celebration, then sell the team...I can dream of a new owner right!?

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Makes no sense to me either, maybe AQUAboy wants to make some more $ with the whole celebration, then sell the team...I can dream of a new owner right!?

If it were a 50th birthday then the celebration would be a year early, as birthdays are celebrated for one day at the end of any given year on earth.

But since they are celebrating for the duration of their 50th year in the league, it makes sense to start the celebration in 2019. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Slegr said:

Saturday goes from 9 to 2:30, with scrimmage starting at 10:10 until 11. Other than that, I’m not sure how it’ll go. The ticket you bought will have your assigned seat, so no need to arrive too early to get a good seat. 

Oh don't say ticket... I haven't heard anything about tickets on sale for Saturday practice? I hope I haven't missed out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Oh don't say ticket... I haven't heard anything about tickets on sale for Saturday practice? I hope I haven't missed out. 

Yeah, you’ll want to get your ticket ASAP, select your tickets . com

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Yeah, you’ll want to get your ticket ASAP, select your tickets . com

I love you, ha! I had no idea until you mentioned it. I just bought em, so thank you, thank you, thank you. Much appreciated, my fellow Nucklehead :towel:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

i thought it was Edler...ran into Big Country Reeves after his pay raise!?

Training camp weekend will be awesome for sure.  Loved watching the prospects at Shawnigan, but seeing the big boys practice will be fantastic.  And a pre season game too?? It's like Christmas in September.  Loving it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 10:23 PM, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

 

I hope Ferland spends some time with Virtanen and does some role-modeling. Having a pair of really useful bookends for a creative centre like Miller could be an interesting option once in a while.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 2:57 PM, RWMc1 said:

I can't believe that the Sharks just re-signed this guy for 2 million!?!?

That's two million plus his food and drink allowance which gets him into McDavid territory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know if there will be Canucks merch in Victoria for training camp?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 1:48 PM, Laheys Liquor said:

Was also there, Mack was definitely very noticeable. I thought Juolevi looked really good as well. I couldn't help but gasp or laugh multiple times at the thing's Quinn was doing out there too, kind of felt bad for the guys he kept dangling around, LOL. 
 

Other notable things, Chatfield looks like he has a absolute bomb now, even his wrist shot was deadly from the point. Didn't notice Woo, Teves, Rafferty or Lind much but it was sometimes hard to keep track of who was who from where I was sitting. 

 

Might have to go again tmmrw. 

I'm glad to hear that about Chatfield. I've been keeping my eye on his from day one.. Really liked his moxy. Really glad to hear his name. he never seems to be in any discussions. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.