The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 09, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Those turd eaters over at hfnucks are still saying the JT Miller trade was bad.

What a bunch of mouth breathing morons lol.

:frantic:

I don't get how giving up a first, that will likely yield a player not as good as Miller (and who will need years to mature, so we don't see him helping our team until 2023) isn't a great move?  Miller is on a great contract too!  That trade was a huge win for us.  TBay got a decent return, but guys like Miller are not so easy to find, and especially ones in their prime and on great contracts.  

• Upvote 4

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Hmm, I think it might make Trev look bad, I'm sure he was invited

Was Trevor invited?  Do we know that for certain?  It took a long time (too long IMO) for the organization to apologize to Bure.  It's wrong Trevor wasn't there.  It only supports the belief that Trevor quit as President because of something wrong with ownership.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

loved seeing Dennis Kearns out there, one of my favourite Canucks d of all time.  Too bad Lindgren or Ohlund couldn't have been involved!

Yeah I met Dennis at a viewing party last season with Steve Kariya and had a very great and long conversation with him. Very classy guy and had the time to ask me about what I do, how long have I been a Canucks fan among other things. Has said that the Canucks family has always been so good to him, he’s an oldie but a solid Canuck for lifer!

And I concur I wish Ohlund could’ve made it to the celebration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Was Trevor invited?  Do we know that for certain?  It took a long time (too long IMO) for the organization to apologize to Bure.  It's wrong Trevor wasn't there.  It only supports the belief that Trevor quit as President because of something wrong with ownership.

Maybe? Must've been a pretty bad parting of ways if they excluded him, or he chose not to attend. It's too bad, seeing as he's probably the most iconic Canuck of all time (Bure a close 2nd?). It was geat seeing Kearns (geez, I was hoping he wouldn't wipe out lol), and of course Bert and McLean, Great stuff. I thought it was quite brilliant how they brought out a few current players, and then an iconic player from the time wearing those awesome old unies. I suppose they couldn've included a lot of players, but only so much time for the ceremony. So happy they won (and big) on this important night. Felt a little choked up when Bo and Hank hugged at centre.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hmm, I think it might make Trev look bad, I'm sure he was invited

He was a favourite for a long time but I agree he looks bad in all of this. Things turned for the better after he left the team, everyone seemed to be on the same page after that. 

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Doughty. What a loser.

422A6521-C6BB-491E-8186-676602411C22.jpeg

Well...losers do seem to live in the past...just because you won the cup and were great doesn't mean you'll always be great. I hate it when guys rest on their laurels and act like they are...welcome to Doughtys LA Oilers bragging about winning cups and living on past glory...things change and ya gotta keep improving Doughty you sour sack of S**T...

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile, just read the Canucksarmy post game report from this morning, and they're slagging Ferland for a slow start and has 0 points in 3 games so far and he's still adjusting blah blah blah...do they even check the score sheet before writing? Ferland got an apple in last nights game lol. To be fair they weren't being too harsh on him, but getting the facts straight doesn't seem to bother them at all. It's hard to take that site seriously!

Quoted from smarmy writer:

After the amount of moves this team made in the offseason, there were bound to be some questionable players that have a bad start to their first season in Vancouver, and Micheal Ferland is certainly one of them. A bad mistake almost directly led to Tyler Tiffoli giving the Kings their first goal and he is still without a point through the first three games. But that’s they key, it’s been only three games and he’s had less than an hour of ice-time to put up any points.

8 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Meanwhile, just read the Canucksarmy post game report from this morning, and they're slagging Ferland for a slow start and has 0 points in 3 games so far and he's still adjusting blah blah blah...do they even check the score sheet before writing? Ferland got an apple in last nights game lol. To be fair they weren't being too harsh on him, but getting the facts straight doesn't seem to bother them at all. It's hard to take that site seriously!

Quoted from smarmy writer:

After the amount of moves this team made in the offseason, there were bound to be some questionable players that have a bad start to their first season in Vancouver, and Micheal Ferland is certainly one of them. A bad mistake almost directly led to Tyler Tiffoli giving the Kings their first goal and he is still without a point through the first three games. But that’s they key, it’s been only three games and he’s had less than an hour of ice-time to put up any points.

These writers are a bunch of excremental hacks who wouldn’t last one shift in an NHL game. They make their living off of their sardonic blogs. Frickin parasites. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

These writers are a bunch of excremental hacks who wouldn’t last one shift in an NHL game. They make their living off of their sardonic blogs. Frickin parasites. 

Yup, I still go there from time to time to see Cory Hergots coverage of the Comets. He's the only one that's any good there. I honestly don't know why I pain myself to read any article other than his lol. I guess that's on me, sorry to spread negativity on such a wonderful 8-2 win thread lol. I'll get back to rejoicing now :towel:

9 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

And how old was Dahlin at that point?

No arguing that Dahlin is already (at 19) a very good D man.  He will be a solid number one for the Sabre's for the next decade and be a Norris candidate several times too.  I expect he will win at least one.  That said, Quinn Hughes is a uniquely gifted player, who will transform how elite D play the game.  He's going to win Conn Smyth trophies, which (as a fan) I will be way happier seeing.   

4 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Yup, I still go there from time to time to see Cory Hergots coverage of the Comets. He's the only one that's any good there. I honestly don't know why I pain myself to read any article other than his lol. I guess that's on me, sorry to spread negativity on such a wonderful 8-2 win thread lol. I'll get back to rejoicing now :towel:

What’s the publication?

1 hour ago, Cpt.Clutch said:

Brought my daughter (11) to her first game last night.  She has also seen MLS and CFL in the past couple months.  I asked her how the games stack up against each other.  Her answer below.   keep in mind she doesn't really understand any of the sports either.  She always asks why did the play stop, why did the guy do that, what happened there?  Not annoying for me, she’s just needs to learn the nuances and rules to better appreciate the games. 

the Whitecaps game was boring, nothing really happened and they left early.  Whitecaps were losing bad (went with my father in law). 
the Lions game was a ton of fun because she was With friends from school, but the game seemed slow to her.  To much time between plays she said.  Her friends made it a ton of fun, and she got on the big screen which made her night.  Good crowd interaction.  
the Canucks game was the most exciting game.  Lots of action, the game keeps going without much interruption.   She wanted better crowd interaction (but I think she just needed a friend or two to spice it up, instead of just her boring dad lol). 
she picks the Canucks as the best game to watch.  

Tell your daughter to give MLS another chance. Games are more fun when the home team wins in general. Tell her to watch in the supporters side, if she (and you) are okay with language. If the Whitecaps win 8-2 in a game, the atmosphere would be just as wild, but in general the crowd participation is much higher in a MLS match. Games against Seattle or Portland are fun with the large groups of opposing fans here.

In terms of actual gameplay, then I would agree that hockey is much more exciting for pace. Soccer has more intricacies and strategic buildup, so it's hit or miss to those who enjoy it or not. CFL is fun, but the stoppages are way too long for my liking, but the crowd atmosphere is pretty cool.