The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Rangers | Oct. 20, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, Tystick said:

Thank you Marky, for the win.

Easily could have lost this one.

Boggles my mind considering our dominating two periods.

Ya it sucks we keep missing the net even our stars(Brock & Petey) who specialize in scoring, baffles the mind but I'm happy with the win considering back to back afternoon games on the east coast

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

3rd game in 4 nights. 4th in 6th. Tail end of a back to back. Both morning games.

Boys were gassed at the 3rd. That's the reason why NYR got back in and won that 3rd period. Surprised they outplayed them that much in the first two periods.

Good job team. Deserved to win because we outplayed them for most of the game. Rags played awful and this should of been an easier game for them.

Doubt that there will be a practice tomorrow, let them rest.

The coach or Bo must have asked for more this game after yesterday. Probably both. We were absolutely killing it through 2 periods. I saw the other coach respond and ask his team for more, which they gave. We survived. That's hockey. Beautiful game. Take 4.

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Again, what could he have done?  I'm not saying it wasn't as ugly as it gets, but not sure what you wanted TG to do?  Every line got a chance to turn the tables and every line was out of gas.......should he have suited up himself?

I think people are missing the obvious, first, when have you ever seen a team play back to back afternoon games on the other side of the continent? Unheard of. We won 2 out of 3 periods and ran out of gas, that happens all the time to the best of them and we got a win....= satisfied

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

If they had stopped skating, it could have been 5, 6, 7 or more to 3 for the Rangers.

The fact that they held down the fort under intense pressure and managed to win the game says a lot about our team.

So, you really think the rangers could have won 7 - 3?

Haha...ok pal.  :picard:

Canucks destroyed the rangers for two full periods. But you think the rangers could have won 7 - 3.  Good god....:frantic:

that 3rd period felt like a 20-minute pk, but fortunately Markstrom was stellar. Also, I'm so happy we ended up with Petterson and Hughes. Dropping in both of those years were really a blessing in disguise.

Edited by Rubik

Am really Impressed with Hughes slapper.  His 5 games at the tail end of last season he showed a bit of a muffin of a shot, but it must have been one of the things he worked on over the summer.  Broke a defender's stick with its velocity this game.

I thought at season's beginning that Edler deserved the #1 pp slot, but QH has him beat on every front except the experience card ....

More mobile

Better shot

Better vision

Better passer

Faster recovery 

Walks the line better

So I am converted. ,, go Hughes go !!!  Your Calder Trophy awaits you

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Hey @Rubik

I have Rubik cube infront of me. Found it in a box after cpl years. Used to be able to solve it. Can't anymore. Forgot the moves. What's the best way to re learn in your opinion. 

If you just have to refresh your memory, here are the algorithms

http://badmephisto.com/oll.html

http://badmephisto.com/pll.html

If you have a problem with the very basics, here are a couple of great tutorials for the first two layers.

http://badmephisto.com/f2l.html

His yt channel was pretty good imo.

Have fun.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hey @Rubik

I have Rubik cube infront of me. Found it in a box after cpl years. Used to be able to solve it. Can't anymore. Forgot the moves. What's the best way to re learn in your opinion. 

Peel off all the stickers and re stick them to one colour aside. That always worked for me

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2