Sign in to follow this  
b3.

[Report] Don Cherry Fired

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Now we're removing "midget" from "midget hockey."

Be careful what you wish for with all of this sensitive, soft talk, you fools. Give it an inch and it'll be taken a mile. 

Next on the list: Black Friday. 

Considering the very concept of Black Friday is ridiculous, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if it was just gotten rid of entirely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Snowflakes are really bullies in disguise when you think about it.....

Group bullies, who single out people to attack.  One on one, they melt away.  

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in the past it was entertaining , more recent years it was like morbid curiousity ,like like driving by a house fire or a car accident . 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They may have knocked Don Cherry to the ice with a hit he didn’t see coming.

Now watch him get back up.

You people out there who want the 85-year-old Cherry back, here’s the news you have been hoping for.  You people who wanted him to fade away are out of luck as the former NHL coach of the year is going to be able to exercise his free speech, after all.

Don Cherry’s Grapevine is back once again. This time as a podcast.

Coach’s Corner may be “no more” as his one-time Hockey Night in Canada sidekick Ron MacLean announced on Saturday. Cherry was fired by Rogers and Sportsnet for his “you people” who “come here” comment that was misunderstood and later spun as discriminatory.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-don-cherry-comes-back-with-a-new-show/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Sorry snowflakes.

Not sorry.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

They may have knocked Don Cherry to the ice with a hit he didn’t see coming.

Now watch him get back up.

You people out there who want the 85-year-old Cherry back, here’s the news you have been hoping for.  You people who wanted him to fade away are out of luck as the former NHL coach of the year is going to be able to exercise his free speech, after all.

Don Cherry’s Grapevine is back once again. This time as a podcast.

Coach’s Corner may be “no more” as his one-time Hockey Night in Canada sidekick Ron MacLean announced on Saturday. Cherry was fired by Rogers and Sportsnet for his “you people” who “come here” comment that was misunderstood and later spun as discriminatory.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-don-cherry-comes-back-with-a-new-show/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Sorry snowflakes.

Not sorry.

I laughed my ass off reading the Sun story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I laughed my ass off reading the Sun story. 

I don't follow the sun but they certainly took a side didn't they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chon derry said:

in the past it was entertaining , more recent years it was like morbid curiousity ,like like driving by a house fire or a car accident . 

Being from Europe I always got my back up about his comments in the past. 

His constant, seemingly on purpose mispronouncing of family names...I also saw as massively disrespectful. 

His inability to say sorry, not just for this gaff but for many in the past. 

 

I don't know, I just don't see it as cool that an obviously intelligent man refuses to change or evolve. It sets a terrible example for the future generations. 

 

He knew his hockey though, he really had an ability to predict things. I hope he doesn't make this his final legacy and provides some good hockey analysis on his pod cast. Hope he puts this behind him and doesn't become a champion of some political/social agenda. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Being from Europe I always got my back up about his comments in the past. 

His constant, seemingly on purpose mispronouncing of family names...I also saw as massively disrespectful. 

His inability to say sorry, not just for this gaff but for many in the past. 

 

I don't know, I just don't see it as cool that an obviously intelligent man refuses to change or evolve. It sets a terrible example for the future generations. 

 

He knew his hockey though, he really had an ability to predict things. I hope he doesn't make this his final legacy and provides some good hockey analysis on his pod cast. Hope he puts this behind him and doesn't become a champion of some political/social agenda. 

 

his over the top nationalistic stance was undermined by his deliberate troll speak of peoples last names, which I also found disrespectful, and the reason why I choose my user name. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chon derry said:

his over the top nationalistic stance was undermined by his deliberate troll speak of peoples last names, which I also found disrespectful, and the reason why I choose my user name. 

bee-ess-ka

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Now we're removing "midget" from "midget hockey."

Be careful what you wish for with all of this sensitive, soft talk, you fools. Give it an inch and it'll be taken a mile. 

Next on the list: Black Friday. 

BLACK ICE

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Considering the very concept of Black Friday is ridiculous, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if it was just gotten rid of entirely. 

And White Christmas’ too. 

Etc. 

 

Lets just get on with the bar human codes already, fast forward this slow march to the grey mind-walls of 1984. 

 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Considering the very concept of Black Friday is ridiculous, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if it was just gotten rid of entirely. 

Too much America creeping across our border.

6 hours ago, Squamfan said:

BLACK ICE

 

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Little White Lies!

Little Black book shall for now on be know as: under average size, lacking light, bundle of parchment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gurn said:

Too much America creeping across our border.

 

Little Black book shall for now on be know as: under average size, lacking light, bundle of parchment.

Can I no longer listen to Black Sabbath?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As bad as it is for us it’s worse for the Flames.  They just lost again and at home.  :towel::unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

As bad as it is for us it’s worse for the Flames.  They just lost again and at home.  :towel::unsure:

I got a lot of heat for saying they'd miss the playoffs this year:.  Colorado exposed them as frauds in the playoffs where the whole team played scared.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I got a lot of heat for saying they'd miss the playoffs this year:.  Colorado exposed them as frauds in the playoffs where the whole team played scared.

The Zloser flames are now below .500. ThTs almost impossible to do on the ne LOSER BETMSN NHL.  Ha ha ha screw you CalgAy.  Youloser bastards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.