The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Don Cherry Fired

Rate this topic

b3.

They may have knocked Don Cherry to the ice with a hit he didn’t see coming.

Now watch him get back up.

You people out there who want the 85-year-old Cherry back, here’s the news you have been hoping for.  You people who wanted him to fade away are out of luck as the former NHL coach of the year is going to be able to exercise his free speech, after all.

Don Cherry’s Grapevine is back once again. This time as a podcast.

Coach’s Corner may be “no more” as his one-time Hockey Night in Canada sidekick Ron MacLean announced on Saturday. Cherry was fired by Rogers and Sportsnet for his “you people” who “come here” comment that was misunderstood and later spun as discriminatory.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-don-cherry-comes-back-with-a-new-show/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Sorry snowflakes.

Not sorry.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

They may have knocked Don Cherry to the ice with a hit he didn’t see coming.

Now watch him get back up.

You people out there who want the 85-year-old Cherry back, here’s the news you have been hoping for.  You people who wanted him to fade away are out of luck as the former NHL coach of the year is going to be able to exercise his free speech, after all.

Don Cherry’s Grapevine is back once again. This time as a podcast.

Coach’s Corner may be “no more” as his one-time Hockey Night in Canada sidekick Ron MacLean announced on Saturday. Cherry was fired by Rogers and Sportsnet for his “you people” who “come here” comment that was misunderstood and later spun as discriminatory.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-don-cherry-comes-back-with-a-new-show/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Sorry snowflakes.

Not sorry.

I laughed my ass off reading the Sun story. 

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

in the past it was entertaining , more recent years it was like morbid curiousity ,like like driving by a house fire or a car accident . 

Being from Europe I always got my back up about his comments in the past. 

His constant, seemingly on purpose mispronouncing of family names...I also saw as massively disrespectful. 

His inability to say sorry, not just for this gaff but for many in the past. 

I don't know, I just don't see it as cool that an obviously intelligent man refuses to change or evolve. It sets a terrible example for the future generations. 

He knew his hockey though, he really had an ability to predict things. I hope he doesn't make this his final legacy and provides some good hockey analysis on his pod cast. Hope he puts this behind him and doesn't become a champion of some political/social agenda. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Being from Europe I always got my back up about his comments in the past. 

His constant, seemingly on purpose mispronouncing of family names...I also saw as massively disrespectful. 

His inability to say sorry, not just for this gaff but for many in the past. 

I don't know, I just don't see it as cool that an obviously intelligent man refuses to change or evolve. It sets a terrible example for the future generations. 

He knew his hockey though, he really had an ability to predict things. I hope he doesn't make this his final legacy and provides some good hockey analysis on his pod cast. Hope he puts this behind him and doesn't become a champion of some political/social agenda. 

his over the top nationalistic stance was undermined by his deliberate troll speak of peoples last names, which I also found disrespectful, and the reason why I choose my user name. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Considering the very concept of Black Friday is ridiculous, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if it was just gotten rid of entirely. 

And White Christmas’ too. 

Etc. 

Lets just get on with the bar human codes already, fast forward this slow march to the grey mind-walls of 1984. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?

9 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Considering the very concept of Black Friday is ridiculous, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if it was just gotten rid of entirely. 

Too much America creeping across our border.

6 hours ago, Squamfan said:

BLACK ICE

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Little White Lies!

Little Black book shall for now on be know as: under average size, lacking light, bundle of parchment.

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I got a lot of heat for saying they'd miss the playoffs this year:.  Colorado exposed them as frauds in the playoffs where the whole team played scared.

The Zloser flames are now below .500. ThTs almost impossible to do on the ne LOSER BETMSN NHL.  Ha ha ha screw you CalgAy.  Youloser bastards