The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 14, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Stars forechecking was crazy ferocious. Granted our passes weren't that sharp either, but that's how you play when you're leading by 1 in the 3rd.

We would have won at least a 2-3 more games had we played like that when we were leading.

Yup. That last sequence had Hughes ice the puck with the net empty because he simply just missed the pass. By a lot. Credit to the Stars though. Boring hockey wins games.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I watched him closely tonight and he couldn't even win any board battles. 

People will use his wingers as excuse, but i think his wingers have been fine imo. 

Is Horvat the only center in the league who you can’t find wingers for?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

He can't handle more than 15 minutes a night. Yet they continually overwork him like he's an engine or something. He literally stops playing after that point. Doesn't tie up sticks, doesn't turn his head, just drifts around. 

I guess that the requirement of a dman who "eats a lot of minutes" 

We need one or two agitators back to inject some intensity, draw offsetting penalties, create 4 on 4 situations where the other team can’t clog up the middle the whole time.

but on a more serious note : they are short one legit top 6 forward and one offensively gifted d man in the top 4 before they can hit that next echelon.  They are a lot closer than they were a year ago. 

Edited by Darius
  • Upvote 3

"I think our team has played well. If you go over 20 games, man, there hasn't been many where we haven't played a good hockey game... Tonight was one where a heavier team came in and played a good road game. We'll learn from this game." - Green on the first 20 games

“We work hard, we’ve proved every game we’re going to compete and battle. We have to continue to get better as the season ramps up.” - Stecher on the first 20 games

• Upvote 1