The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 14, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Stelar said:

Isn’t it odd that most of the players out of the lineup are players that fans in the offseason wanted traded?  But yet they are now essential. Sutter, Beagle, Motte....

Yep. And those fans were dumb. We are seeing what life without grit is like, and it isn’t pretty. 

Benning did go go out and get us some more grit with Ferland and Miller. One would hope this will be the low point in terms of injuries but you never know with the Canucks. 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Probably a top 6 winger short that can play with Bo.

Virtanen could be that player, if he can develope some finish and situational awareness.  I like watching him play but right now he is like a bomb with no boom at the end.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

19 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

God how bad were the first two periods to have broken so many fragile spirits here so badly? The amount of whining and overdramatic handwringing in this thread is unbelievable. 

Green was right. I saw a third period where we were getting beaten up by a hard forechecking team that looked like an equally skilled team that wasn’t missing their entire contingent of gritty players like we are. It was tough to watch but I expected this would be a tough game and we were still in it until the end. 

We havent played many bad games over the first 20. Sucks to be in a slump but it won’t last forever. 

52 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Feel bad for Markstrom; Greener should have given some time off to process what he's going through off the ice,

I tend to agree, but I wonder if they mostly leave it up to him.. it's his contract year, he wants to kick ass..

not sure if it's just me, but I've noticed a lot more emotion from him lately, mostly angry.. is that because of losing his dad or losing the game? or most likely a bit of both? 

I sure wouldn't want to be in his position.. knowing you have to play lights out for your family's future, while trying to deal with losing a parent.. 

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Getting frustrated with the lack of penalties against players slashing, hooking, holding, interfering with Petey. 

This is how it is with alll stars in the league who do this. They can’t call them all, if they did there would be ten power plays a game on just him. We just haven’t had a player like Petey since prime henrik so we haven’t noticed it or it hasn’t been as noticeable until now. But I swear this happens to Eichel every game too I’m also a buffalo fan.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Average, I guess. I didn't think we had a lot of guys who were great tonight. I don't think we had a lot of guys who were terrible either." - Green on Stecher

Bull$h1t comment by Green. I thought Stech and Virt were the best Canucks on the ice tonight. Not because they both scored goals but because they drove the play and created chances. I sometimes wonder what game Green was watching because based on his post game interviews he sounds detached from reality. He also said the power play looked good tonight, like it does every night. Lol!

7 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Bull$h1t comment by Green. I thought Stech and Virt were the best Canucks on the ice tonight. Not because they both scored goals but because they drove the play and created chances. I sometimes wonder what game Green was watching because based on his post game interviews he sounds detached from reality. He also said the power play looked good tonight, like it does every night. Lol!

Stecher looked bad on a goal against as well. He got a goal and played an okay game. Not great, not terrible.

Virtanen was noticable, but he lost the puck a lot and made some bad clearance attempts. Not great, not terrible.

Seems like a pretty fair assessment to me.

• Upvote 2

Just now, theo5789 said:

Stecher looked bad on a goal against as well. He got a goal and played an okay game. Not great, not terrible.

Virtanen was noticable, but he lost the puck a lot and made some bad clearance attempts. Not great, not terrible.

Seems like a pretty fair assessment to me.

Green is deflecting and trying to be unreactive to avoid any drama with the local media...