The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 16, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I thought Hughes was more noticable than Makar TBH. Makar was good but not pushing the play like Hughes was.

Totally agree. He had some real quiet points tonight. Also had a lot of turnovers in the first period. Had a good third though defensively. 

Hughes was just great the whole game though. Sucks his teammates are never open for him to pass to like Colorado's were. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Graovac has a whole 2 minutes of ice team. Great deployment, coach. Even with that it's sad that I noticed him making a good play on one shift. 

To add because of the players playing  less minutes, it means the team is playing three lines instead of four.  The staff must know of this fact and is ignoring it ??????

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, J-23 said:

Yes, he took a shot to the &^@#ing head. I was at the game, he was leaking. Play should be stopped anytime that happens.

Why is everyone crying about this?  Seriously? It was a player going down in their own end. He wasn't dead. Play should not stop.

Simple. 

Bunch of millennials crying about it makes it worse.

• Like 1
  • Wat 2

43 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Edler being old Edler as in can't skate, can't use his stick to defend and allows 3 golden opportunities a game, Edler? 

He was &^@#ing horrendous. He got a gimmie, made one nice play and forced Demko to make 4 good saves on poor marking, poor use of his stick (none at all) and was the result of the one wide open net assist from McKinnon because he refused to tie up a stick or body. Guy needs to ride the pine. Absolute garbage night on defense. 

Did Edler do bad things to your wife, mother or girlfriend? Is that why you constantly yap about the Canuck's best D man constantly?  You are hilarious.....but not in a good way.

:picard:

I think I will block you to avoid having to read trash.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Back.  Too angry to just drift out of here like a snowflake.

Rewatching the game.

Av's packed it in and thought they had it in the bag too early.   When our team does that, people go crazy.  So the near perfect team that can do no wrong needs to also have that highlighted.  Canucks took over the third.  Sure, Nate got mad and came out and used it in a good way.  Petey kind of mad, where you get it done.

But the Av's almost let it slip away.  Using the refs and a blown non blow of a whistle maybe the excuse, but isn't the reason.  4-2 and they were already on the bus to the airport.

I give them the respect they deserve.  They are a great team and MacKinnon is a star.  But they have just as far to go as the rest of us in this thing.  Some are already handing them the cup and MVP.

Hope Calvert's alright (my true and sincere sentiment-horrible close range puck off the head is never anything to take lightly)...but stuff happens.  It's a tough game, not one for snowflakes.  Is that how we do it?  Because the same standards need to be applied to all sides.

I’m with Deb on this one. Our team has mailed it in while up by two in the third and lost due to a bad play, a bad call or more often non-call. The rules state the ref can blow the whistle if they think it is needed...Calvert was trying to get up (like any true hockey player would). If the shoe was on the other foot and one of our guys was down no one (outside of Vancouver) would say anything about a non call. This isn’t soccer!  If you get hurt in your own end you wait for a whistle. The Nucks kept the puck away from him. It’s unfortunate and I hope Calvert is OK. Nate is trying to justify losing a two goal lead late in the third by blaming the refs. It’s not the way I’d want it but all the Avs had to do was stop the last goal from going in. You win some and you lose some...

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Did Edler do bad things to your wife, mother or girlfriend? Is that why you constantly yap about the Canuck's best D man constantly?  You are hilarious.....but not in a good way.

:picard:

I think I will block you to avoid having to read trash.

Please do. I don't even know who you are or what you add to anything so I don't mind keeping it that way. 

• Wat 1

32 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Definitely a Canadian thing. Americans are hyper sensitive to violence. Specifically when it gets as ugly as hockey can. They don’t enjoy watching Lucic roid rage on rookies like Canadians do. There are numerous articles out there about Americans not liking fighting. Some American parents don’t even want their kids exposed to hockey because of the fighting. So no, they don’t love the goonery. It’s why they gravitate towards the NBA.

Haha come on. Americans, for the most part, are violent. They constantly shoot each other and kill each other. There is a mass shooting once a day on average.

But you say they don't like violence? Their favourite sport is football....a sport where guys constantly get wrecked. 

You could not be more wrong on this.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Right...except it takes away from him as a player to show arrogance and suggest it was somehow "unfair".  Had a 5-3 mate...what happened?  

It's a little snowflake to whine that the other guys didn't deserve a tie.

The Nate fan club is that way ---->

He's good, but man...some have him on a pedestal and untouchable.  I'ma sew him a cape.  A red one.

The big boy club also played our team last year (I was there)...we beat them.  So to suggest we're not worthy is an asshat statement.  Sure Superman.  I was a fan but not if he's becoming too big for his own head.

When the Av's grind out a win...they had injuries, it wasn't fair, blah blah blah.

I ain't buying any of it.  They're a great team.  Just like last year when they didn't win squat 

"He said mean things and I don't like it!" 

Insecure much?

10 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Why is everyone crying about this?  Seriously? It was a player going down in their own end. He wasn't dead. Play should not stop.

Simple. 

Because of compounding injuries. Concussions amplify based on activity. Forcing somebody to stay in a play when they're concussed is a stupid decision. Wake up, this isn't 1980 where we have no information on concussions and how they impact the brain. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Rewatching the game.

Av's packed it in and thought they had it in the bag too early.   When our team does that, people go crazy.  So the near perfect team that can do no wrong needs to also have that highlighted.  Canucks took over the third.  Sure, Nate got mad and came out and used it in a good way.  Petey kind of mad, where you get it done.

But the Av's almost let it slip away.  Using the refs and a blown non blow of a whistle maybe the excuse, but isn't the reason.  4-2 and they were already on the bus to the airport.

I give them the respect they deserve.  They are a great team and MacKinnon is a star.  But they have just as far to go as the rest of us in this thing.  Some are already handing them the cup and MVP.

Hope Calvert's alright (my true and sincere sentiment-horrible close range puck off the head is never anything to take lightly)...but stuff happens.  It's a tough game, not one for snowflakes.  Is that how we do it?  Because the same standards need to be applied to all sides.  And I'm a homer, there's no hiding that.  But some need to take off the homer snow goggles.

I thought of a jingle for those who need guidance through their negative ways when our team play drops off....

Are you tired of losing? Are you tired of not understanding team play, and the concept of proper development? Are you sad because you think the Canucks stand no chance and are dead!? Have no worry! Call 1-800-Debb, cause they ain’t dead! She can deal with all your messy shallow feelings and set you right! She can make you a new Canuck all over again! Belief is one call away! Once again that’s “the Canucks ain’t dead, Call Debb!”

....ooohhh boy the rum and the sun are kicking in...:bigblush:  Mexico here I go! 

Attila signing off

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Rewatching the game.

Hope Calvert's alright (my true and sincere sentiment-horrible close range puck off the head is never anything to take lightly)...but stuff happens.  It's a tough game, not one for snowflakes.  Is that how we do it?  Because the same standards need to be applied to all sides.  And I'm a homer, there's no hiding that.  But some need to take off the homer snow goggles.

Ditto, last years version the lightning felt entitled going into the playoffs and we all know what happened.  As a Canuck fan, I hope they continue with there entitled arrogant attitude then I hope we faced them in the playoffs being the rabid underdog because we have a roster (with no injuries) that can grind out and compete with the best teams in this league - potentially of course...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Templeton Peck said:

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I think we all know the real reason they lost last night and it can be put on one person... Hilary Swank.

We were swanked but at least we weren't spanked by a team that, by the comments here, should have beat us 19-0.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Because of compounding injuries. Concussions amplify based on activity. Forcing somebody to stay in a play when they're concussed is a stupid decision. Wake up, this isn't 1980 where we have no information on concussions and how they impact the brain. 

Who forced him to stay “in the play”. No one touched him once he went down. A whistle wouldn’t remove a concussion. A trainer being with him 30 seconds sooner won’t save any damage to his brain. There is risk in playing a contact sport, do you want them to start using a foam puck, maybe padded sticks would help. A speed limit on skating as well...Don’t forget to hand out participation ribbons after every game too!  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

"He said mean things and I don't like it!" 

Insecure much?

True champions don't make excuses for letting a team get back in.  

Not insecure...that would be crying.  Addressing it and responding is just fair in this game of words.   He said words and now we're saying words.  How it works.

25 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Simple. 

It was hard to watch though. I saw where it hit. Saw Petey cringe and bend down in real time too.

Edited by xereau
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Amebushi said:

Who forced him to stay “in the play”. No one touched him once he went down. A whistle wouldn’t remove a concussion. A trainer being with him 30 seconds sooner won’t save any damage to his brain. There is risk in playing a contact sport, do you want them to start using a foam puck, maybe padded sticks would help. A speed limit on skating as well...Don’t forget to hand out participation ribbons after every game too!  

Nobody did, however if you watch the game, you know most hockey players are absolute warriors. There's a precedence in place to blow the call down for a reason. Most players when they're injured in the NHL will try to play through it. He even tried getting up and continuing in the play but obviously the injury was too much. That alone shouldn't have happened. He should have stayed down. 

At the end of the day it's great to see players be warriors but these guys have families and lives after the game is over. I've seen first hand what concussions can do to people for years after they're done playing. It's not worth it. 

• Cheers 2