The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers, 7PM PST December 1, 2019 -- B2B Part 2 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Still very early in the Calder race, but with Hughes gaining ground on Makar, it’s interesting to note the last time a team had back to back Calder winners was:

66-67 Bobby Orr

67-68 Derek Sanderson

Very rare company we could be in if Hughes were to pull it off.

Have there been three nominees from the same team in a row (or four *cough* hoglander *cough*)?   

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Still very early in the Calder race, but with Hughes gaining ground on Makar, it’s interesting to note the last time a team had back to back Calder winners was:

66-67 Bobby Orr

67-68 Derek Sanderson

He's good enough, smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like him.

kIGjO3D.png

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Have there been three nominees from the same team in a row (or four *cough* hoglander *cough*)?   

Not that I can tell.

Looking at the Calder winner list it still baffles me that both Crosby and McDavid never won that award. Unlucky years to be a rookie.

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

66-67 Bobby Orr

67-68 Derek Sanderson

Maker is a a draft year ahead and was drafted higher so that will make it sweeter when Quinn wins 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Maker is a a draft year ahead and was drafted higher so that will make it sweeter when Quinn wins 

Right now i think the goals would be the tie breaker if all other things were equal.

Quinn has gotta start getting greedy and up that goal total.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Right now i think the goals would be the tie breaker if all other things were equal.

Quinn has gotta start getting greedy and up that goal total.

Hard to ask for from a d man 

I think it will boil down to pints and the edge to Quinn for being younger 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Hard to ask for from a d man 

I think it will boil down to pints and the edge to Quinn for being younger 

Makar is doing it and Hughes has the same offensive instincts. He’s already shown he can carry the puck in himself and get chances.

Age unfortunately doesn’t seem to ever factor in, otherwise you wouldn’t see 26 year olds win it. 

It may however come down to who each player is playing with. Hard to argue that Makar doesn’t have an advantage playing with MacKinnon, Rantenen, and Landeskog

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Happy Dec 1st day of Canucks advent calendar!

if they can play like they did last night I will be satisfied.......if they win again I will be very satisfied.

F5681FAE-C61D-481F-9902-AB7CC46271C2.jpeg

Same on we have. What a great looking calendar!!

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Makar is doing it and Hughes has the same offensive instincts. He’s already shown he can carry the puck in himself and get chances.

Age unfortunately doesn’t seem to ever factor in, otherwise you wouldn’t see 26 year olds win it. 

It may however come down to who each player is playing with. Hard to argue that Makar doesn’t have an advantage playing with MacKinnon, Rantenen, and Landeskog

Agree Makar definitely has the advantage. I'm thinking it may simply come down to who has more gas in the tank, stays healthy, and who can better sustain the pace. Right now it doesn't look like either will drop off. Will be interesting. 

7 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

And this is with the PK faltering a bit over this road trip too. Fire Brown eh? Lol.

The part of this you struggle to grasp, while I agree Brown has done a decent job. His PP is not enjoyable to watch.

It is in the same vain as Jacques Lemaire on a lower level imo. Jacques Lemaire was a great coach, I'd rather watch paint dry though. 

Some of us just aren't fans of Newell or his structure and it's not wrong for some of us to see the potential of this PP with a BETTER PP coach. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Agree Makar definitely has the advantage. I'm thinking it may simply come down to who has more gas in the tank, stays healthy, and who can better sustain the pace. Right now it doesn't look like either will drop off. Will be interesting. 

Makar is also significantly better defensively, that is the part of his game a lot on here really gloss over.